1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well the poll is finally closed :eek:

I hope it was an educating experience for everybody, it surely was for me :confused: Hopefully many people that thought their pet feature was going to be the obvious winner (myself included) got a different reality to accept now.. some of us will, some of us will continue thinking their opinion is somehow more valuable than others.. I have no sympathy for these people and I wish you a safe and quick recovery from your grandeur illusions.

We lost a couple of users in the process, which is always unfortunate but this is sadly the situation we have to deal with when it comes to interactions on the internet.

The good news is that most of the stuff in this poll is already under development and it should arrive in AC sooner or later, so there is really no loser.

I'll try to keep the thread open to comments as long you guys keep it nice and polite... if this turns into trouble the closure will be inevitable.

thx for all the people that voted.. it's always reassuring to have so many of you willing to interact with us, the only result that I didn't want to see was a winner with 16 votes :p .. luckily it didn't happen.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's talk multiplayer/online servers Jul 11, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Let's Play VR (Pimax 5K +) Porsche + Spa Francorhamps :) Jul 2, 2019
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's hope this does the trick Dec 16, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Giving back for ACC 1.8: Let's talk about multi-class, multi-hour, full grid simulation? Dec 10, 2021
    ACC Physics Let's talk about spins... Apr 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's do something, this is going to get ugly...(Servers) Aug 3, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Let's get acquainted? Nov 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions POLL! Let's buy this game again every year to support Assetto Corsa guys! Jul 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Let's talk about broadcasting (user's thread) Dec 12, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Let's talk about broadcasting (programmer's thread) Dec 12, 2018
    Suggestions Let's REQUEST CARS Here Jan 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Ok guys (and girls) , let's proove AC right (or wrong) using Laguna Seca. Jan 2, 2018
    Console Lounge Let's talk vote to kick Mar 18, 2017
    Console Lounge Quick race weekend (let's talk abou it Vol.1) Feb 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Let's talk Lotus 98T Feb 17, 2017

3. TTM

TTM Alien

Better support for point-to-point/hillclimb stages. :)

Salad Fingers, TDS, vilivili and 17 others like this.
  4. myimac

myimac Alien

Nice Stefano, love your interaction with the community.

Also I understand this is not a guarantee of features coming.

Great job on 1.5 it's absolutely great and worth all of your hard work

5. good one.. sadly the poll is limited to only 10 items .. perhaps next time.

6. flomo

flomo Simracer

Very hard to chose between brake temp, pit stop strategy and times races. Ac lacks some gameplay features IMO but brake temp simulation sounds like a even more exciting feature :cool:

Dream1979, Glaurung and Kalamede like this.
  7. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Pit stop strategy, and then false starts/pit limiter. At that point haters will also shove their hate where the sun don't shine.

8. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Hard choice between brake and water temps :confused:. But I guess for pure laptimes brakes are more important. Stuff can overheat if consistently pushed hard, that should be simulated :). Also the throttle response on some cars like the new corvette is just ridiculous, I find it extremely hard to believe the real car in neutral doesn't react until you pressed the pedal like 1/5 or 1/6 and then just goes "watatatata".

9. My vote went for being able to stall then engine.

Thank you for interacting with the community this way Stefano.

10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Love it...

11. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Hmm. My actual #1 would be "make the track layouts system work for cars so stages can share a kn5 (ideally, make models.ini able to be overriden by skins so I can have per-skin geometry as well as texture - maybe not useful for KS content due to licenses but for mods it'd introduce good flexibility)". But just the file space savings of being able to run 3-4 cars off the same LODA would make downloads/storage so much more efficient.

I'm really into physical brake temp though. After all AC's had lots of "make cars faster" moments recently, time to add one that makes cars slower.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Seria17hri11er, AccAkut and Sovers like this.
  12. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

It's so damn hard to choose one out of those since there are multiple ones that would be nice to have.
    I mean Brake temp simulation, steer ratio & brake pressure, false starts (engine stalling), time based races (pit stop strategy would count with this imo) & improved water/radiators are all nice to have

it isn't like one would be sufficient since if you pick one of those features there is a second one that adds something extra to the first feature.

13. Realistic brake fade will render almost all of the street cars useless after a handful of laps, at best. And by useless I mean you will go into a turn like you always do and you will have no brakes. None. You and anybody around you are now resetting to the pits.
    Do GT3 cars even experience brake fade nowadays?

Anyways, most of us will be happy with whatever gets implemented off that list, thanks again Kunos.

vilivili, pika4u, Dream1979 and 3 others like this.
  14. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Ooh, they do. They don't change the brakes multiple times per race for nothing now, do they. :) (24h races I'm talking about though).

15. My vote for "False starts/Engine stall" was with the assumption that proper Clutch simulation was included, as right now pulling away manually in AC is very immersion breaking.

16. is it? weird.. it's totally fine for me :-S

Any particular car that you find harder or it's for every car?

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  17. Kyo

Kyo Racer

Only 2 days after the amazing 1.5 update and Kunos is already planning for the next update. Best developers ever.

I voted for "False starts/Engine stall".

One of the first habits I picked up from playing Live For Speed was clutching in when the car reached the point of no return during a drift and went into a full spin. If you don't clutch in the engine stalls and you'll be sitting there spending a few extra seconds turning the engine back on after you realized it stalled. Besides being a good habit for drifting, in a race this could be the difference between losing 3 and 4+ positions when you make a mistake.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  18. Psit

Psit Alien

The thing that bugged me the most since i "invested" in a dd wheel is now fixed (lut) and would like to thank you Stefano, so my next one would be VR support since i am waiting for my Rift on June.

ericRacer likes this.
  19. AngeloMertel

AngeloMertel Racer

in germany we say :

The only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself

.....can i have the Database-Logins? :D

20. I will make sure to send it to you once your ban expires.. which is.. never.. bhu bhye

And that chaps.. is how you become a Simulation Expert... anybody else up for a graduation?

F430_458_F12, WardogZ, God' and 14 others like this.
  21. Brake temps are an integral part of racing, just like tyre temps, track grip, etc.
    They should definitely be the next thing to implement IMO as it is the one glaringly obvious aspect missing from such a great simulation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.