1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

£5 shifter mount Playseat challenge

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Diego fiorillo, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Hi guys and gals I know there are several of these but I just I would add. This is what I did for my g920 and Playseat challenge. I also have a question and a comment..

1. Do any of you get vertical wobble in the steering column on the Playseat challenge?

2. Also, turning up the vibration effect to about 50 for your wheel gives the Playseat challenge almost a buttkicker effect which really was an unexpected bonus. The chassis actually vibrates!

Anyway, using a Halfords 38mm exhaust clamp and an L plate here.

Please see files.

Gamertag is XvinorossoX

Attached Files:

LeDude83 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Steering wheels discussions Playseat challenge th8a shifter mount Sep 15, 2016
    ACC General Discussions Combine Keyboard imput for shifters and axes? Mar 11, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSR: paddle shifters always active together Jan 21, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T500RS and TH8A Shifter: swapped configs in controls.json file? Dec 31, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Paddle shifters on T500RS not working Oct 16, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Paddle shifters ..... Oct 15, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G29 shifter not working Oct 13, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Issues with T500 RS Gear Shifter Sep 12, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Crash to Desktop on Launch - UNPLUG T500 GEAR SHIFTER and DETECT DEVICE Sep 12, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G29 shifters conflict with mouse May 11, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec Clubport V2 base V3 Pedels 1.5 Shifter, keep unbinding. May 4, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Help !! How can I use again my TH8A shifter on AC???? (Now with a FANATEC CSL ELITE PS4 Wheel) Apr 10, 2018
    Suggestions FFB Shifter Support Mar 31, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Shifter compatibilty for t300rs Feb 5, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G29 clutch and shifter are not working Jan 29, 2018

3. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Racer

I also have a Playseat Challenge. I fitted mine by simply cutting down a piece of laminate flooring and fixed it to the steering wheel mouting plate extending out to the left and bolted the shifter to that. For me it sits in a natural position, although I very rarly use it. In fact I have a Logitech G25 (which has the two modes) in tip-tronic mode and have push forward mapped to flash lights as I race in VR and its a quick and easy thing to feel for.

I love the seat as I race on the family computer so is not dedicated so when not racing it just unplugs and folds away behind some curtains in my dining room.

I cant say I have noticed any movement. Do you always lock your seat in position? Is there wear on the positioning screws?

4. It is literally only 4 days old, i do not see any wear. yeah i always tighten it up and close the latch. I will have to post a video to show you. It is weird because everyone says they are so sturdy at the steering column.

5. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I do have a little vertical play/flex with my TS PC base which is screwed to the plate but it's fine and doesn't affect my driving. My next upgrade will be like a GT Omega cockpit but not in the near future. Was thinking about adding a shifter, good job on that but be careful with the metal. The challenge is great and comfortable just wish the seat was a little wider:)