1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

£5 shifter mount Playseat challenge

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Diego fiorillo, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Hi guys and gals I know there are several of these but I just I would add. This is what I did for my g920 and Playseat challenge. I also have a question and a comment..

1. Do any of you get vertical wobble in the steering column on the Playseat challenge?

2. Also, turning up the vibration effect to about 50 for your wheel gives the Playseat challenge almost a buttkicker effect which really was an unexpected bonus. The chassis actually vibrates!

Anyway, using a Halfords 38mm exhaust clamp and an L plate here.

Please see files.

Gamertag is XvinorossoX

Attached Files:

Gazrock and LeDude83 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Steering wheels discussions Playseat challenge th8a shifter mount Sep 15, 2016
    ACC Troubleshooting Consult / Suggestion shifter configuration Jan 21, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Alternate shifter Jul 21, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Is there a way to use an h shifter without using the clutch? May 3, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions McLaren V2 wheel - Shifter pin bushing mod Mar 10, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Pedals and shifter not working Mar 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone use a Shifter? Feb 5, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Map wheel paddle and external shifter Nov 6, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cant Save Shifter Assignments Oct 1, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Xap F3 wheel - shifter assign Jul 11, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Shifters not recognized May 9, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Asseto corsa having sevre issues with G920 wheel and shifter May 1, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds H-Pattern Shifter works in iRacing but not in AC Mar 13, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues H-Pattern Shifter not working in AC Mar 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting My Logitech G29 pedal shifters won't work Feb 20, 2020

3. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

I also have a Playseat Challenge. I fitted mine by simply cutting down a piece of laminate flooring and fixed it to the steering wheel mouting plate extending out to the left and bolted the shifter to that. For me it sits in a natural position, although I very rarly use it. In fact I have a Logitech G25 (which has the two modes) in tip-tronic mode and have push forward mapped to flash lights as I race in VR and its a quick and easy thing to feel for.

I love the seat as I race on the family computer so is not dedicated so when not racing it just unplugs and folds away behind some curtains in my dining room.

I cant say I have noticed any movement. Do you always lock your seat in position? Is there wear on the positioning screws?

4. It is literally only 4 days old, i do not see any wear. yeah i always tighten it up and close the latch. I will have to post a video to show you. It is weird because everyone says they are so sturdy at the steering column.

5. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I do have a little vertical play/flex with my TS PC base which is screwed to the plate but it's fine and doesn't affect my driving. My next upgrade will be like a GT Omega cockpit but not in the near future. Was thinking about adding a shifter, good job on that but be careful with the metal. The challenge is great and comfortable just wish the seat was a little wider:)

6. jvcerver

jvcerver Rookie

I am trying to replicate your mod. Where did you get the angle bracket? B^Q? Screwfix? what is the diameter of the two bolts on the exhaust clamp?

7. John g

John g Simracer

Any DIY store will do, i use Wickes but only cos its close by. B&Q or screwfix will have the same stuff. I think it's an M6 thread on the bolts?

i have used the same clamps but i put 2 to make it a bit more steady

jvcerver likes this.