1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

【BOP ISSUE】Will kunos consider angle of view BOP in ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ericcantone, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericcantone

ericcantone Rookie

angle of view BOP

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I'd go one further and ban all non cockpit views :D:p

3. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

you sure? I know no drivers who are faster using external views.

4. Get rid of any view other than cockpit (or should it be dash....or helmet....hmmmmm) and get rid of controller support. I'm sure those of us that are left will gladly pay thirty times more for the game to make up for the loss of the casuals. Right?

Out of curiosity, how much faster is the OP while using bonnet view rather than cockpit?

5. Revidix

Revidix Rookie

:Facepalm:
    if you think hood or exterior view give an advantages, you are doing something wrong...
    :rolleyes:

6. ericcantone

ericcantone Rookie

SRO E-Sport GT Series - Round 1: Live from Monza, Italy
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/410406201
    11:40, first on the right.

7. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

The only thing to adjust is the absence of water effects if you drive with hood cam instead of cockpit. Apart from that, guys, really stop and let everyone use the cam they want. It's not a cam that makes you faster, thinking that is ridiculous in my opinion :)

Cucumber_86 likes this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

oh nooooooooooo my CSW is blown :eek::D

9. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

I dont agree it makes you faster or slower, however it does give you a situational awareness advantage (or disadvantage). There needs to be server configuration options to lock drivers to a view if the admin so wishes to ensure even playing field as much as possible.

That said a single screen cockpit Vs triple cockpit Vs VR cockpit is also substantially different - However at least its constrained similarly.

DiRTMark likes this.
  10. Dafunkdp

Dafunkdp Gamer

I think that non cockpit cameras should have at least some rain drop effect on screen for example..
    During rainy races, it super hard racing in cockpit view, with all the rain/rain drops/car in front lifting so much water/windscreen wipers etc :p..especially in vr it's quite challenging..when a hood camera can run just without problems eheh

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  11. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

Interestingly in that footage no two guys seem to have their FOV exactly the same. In a situation like that championship, all monitors being the same, you would think that there would be a set FOV that represents the most accurate IRL view.

12. fabT

fabT Alien

For me cockpit vs. bonnet view makes no difference speed wise.
    Bonnet view actually hinders opponents position perception imho.

Anyway, i'm stuck on a single 26"monitor, so those on triple screens and VR have some "great advantage".
    So please Kunos also ban VR and triple screens :D:D:D

13. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Who believes that someone is faster because he does not drive in the cockpit view? rly? lol?
    This elitist blabber, only the cockpit view is the only true -.-
    Sounds heavy after he´s faster than me because .......
    Think about, he has more skill then me ;)
    Everyone should drive as he gets along best
    As long as it prevents him from banging into me, great!

martcerv likes this.
  14. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Well spotted, but what is way more interesting here is : WHAT TIME DID HE DRIVE to make you base your assumption off of hoodview being advantageous compared to one of the 3 cockpit views ?

P.s.: I´m driving purely helmet cam, but thanks to radar widget I can still "see" others nicely around me .

15. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

BAN SINGLE SCREENS! :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.