1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.03 Controller Settings

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by zero71, Sep 30, 2016.

1. zero71

zero71 Rookie

I thought I'd share my control settings for PS4 Dual Shock for anyone still struggling with the new algorithms in update 1.03. I did all my testing on Monza because it has a couple of tough chicanes which really show up problems with your steering if you've set it too slow and smooth. You can get you controls feeling really lovely and progressive then find they are way too slow to negotiate the first chicane on Monza.

Possibly could be slightly quicker steering in the chicanes, but I think this is a nice balance. Even the F40 feels tamer now.

Cars tested: 458 Italia S3, M3 E30 Gr A 92, 2 Eleven GT4, Exos 125, F40 S3, F40.
    Assists: Factory only.

Controls:

Speed Sensitivity: 20%
    Steering Speed: 15%
    Deadzone: 5%
    Filter: 40%
    Gamma: 3.5

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #103 - Àth na Crà Twin Cam Ceilidh at the Drift Inn Nov 11, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New controller and keyboard mapping Aug 1, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox controller rumble randomly stops working correctly Mar 16, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My Console Controllers are being detected as a wheel Dec 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox One Controller Settings Oct 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5 Controller Vibration Sep 30, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Xbox One Controller Issue Sep 2, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Use two controllers in game Aug 1, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Controller user Jun 10, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Slow and delayed steering. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering is really slow and delayed. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Duelsense controller settings May 17, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 3x lost controller during drive Dec 28, 2021

3. neovdr

neovdr Rookie

I went the other way on this one but putting it here in case folks want to try it out as well. I want my car to snap a bit so I can catch it better. (Works wonders on understeery and 4WD cars. My CURRENT settings are:

Speed Sensitivity 35%
    Steering Speed 25%
    Deadzone 10%
    Filter 60%
    Gamma 2.4

EDIT: Assists-> TC & ABS Factory, Stability 0%

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Seria17hri11er and Bibbles like this.
  4. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Thats a high Gamma setting? Does your steering not feel slow to react at 3.5 ?

5. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

20160929_181656.jpg

neovdr likes this.
  6. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

3.5 is way too high for me, you just get way too much steering lag.

My original settings were ok, although the gamma setting has changed, I put it to 2.2 and my settings are now pretty much the same as before the patch

7. zero71

zero71 Rookie

Not finding the high gamma an issue. The default by the way is 3.0. Filter is the biggest cause of steering lag. Anything above 40 was too slow for me. Obviously filter and gamma react to each other, but I found a higher filter just slowed the steering speed too much in chicanes and added too much lag. Try turning down that filter you have at 60 and you'll find the speed ramps up. Gamma shouldn't impact steering lag, it rather impacts how progressive the steering is.

edit: I tried reducing the gamma to 2.8 (peer pressure :D). I am definitely faster like that, though I do feel like the car has more propensity to get out of control when things start to go pear shaped. I don't believe there's any less lag, rather it's just more sensitive in the inital part of the travel. I'll leave it like this for a bit. I do maintain that anything above 40 on the filter is too slow and laggy though, certainly 60 feels wrong. But hey, we are all different. No definitive right and wrong. I know that I liked danowats settings before, but slowed down just a touch.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  8. kjellezy

kjellezy Gamer

My new settings..

Speed sensitivity 40
    Steering speed 15
    Deadzone 5
    Filter 25
    Gamma 2.2

Try them..

9. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Very similar to mine.

10. kjellezy

kjellezy Gamer

Except for filter:).. Havnt tried so much with deadzone cant really tell the difference.. Is it that there is no input when you first move the stick or at the end of the movement?

11. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I am using these settings. Much better than anything so far. And thank you to the community on this forum. With the exception of a few fanboys, y'all are pretty kewl.

neovdr likes this.
  12. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

The settings which are working best for me are these:

Steering Sensitivity 25%
    Steering Speed 100%
    Deadzone 5%
    Gamma 2.2

Now I dunno why, but the deadzone setting is broken after the latest update. But with the limited virtual steering wheel (to 360), they still feel pretty neat. I hope that they will fix the issue asap :/

It amazes me that since I wrote this guide > http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238659280 < these setting still do rock :D hehe

13. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Deadzone has never worked.

14. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

Sofar, I haven't noticed it on PS4 since I'm always keeping it around 2-5%, but fact is, the deadzone was always working correctly on PC with a controller ...

15. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Can't comment on pc but for me and a few others I know deadzone on the ps4 has never worked.

phil_75 likes this.
  16. kjellezy

kjellezy Gamer

And what is your filter setting?

17. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

oh, forgot to mention, sry. I have it @ 82% ;)

18. zero71

zero71 Rookie

running with these.

Sensitivity 30%
    Speed 9%
    Deadzone 5%
    Filter 20%
    Gamma 2.5

19. Trifighter78

Trifighter78 Rookie

Try this one!

Sensitivity 100%
    Speed 0%
    Deadzone 0%
    Filter 0%
    Gamma 1,5

Simply perfect for me!

20. kjellezy

kjellezy Gamer

These are pretty good. A little different from the ones i used but very close.. Will try these and find a good balance between both.

21. tony wenham

tony wenham Rookie

this is mine seems ok on the tracks I use gt3 incar view
    feels steady at fast speed and ok at slow
    its a nice medium to tweak to your own preference
    if u like it pass it on lets get people racing again.

HecticZA likes this.