1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.03 Controller Settings

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by zero71, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Mine are close to yours and I have no problems

2. tony wenham

tony wenham Rookie

feels steady at fast speed and ok at slow
    its a nice medium to tweak to your own preference
    if u like it pass it on lets get people racing again.[/QUOTE]

3. Growsot

Growsot Rookie

NONE of my settings react to the Xbox 360 Controller, and the deadzone is Horrible, cant use the pad ingame cuz the car either goes left ore right, never dead center ... and cant adjust the settings? thats just... lame...

4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

5. kjellezy

kjellezy Gamer

Ok this is my new settings feels amazing for me but nobody else will probably like them cause everbody has different haha! Posting them anyway, please try.. And set virtual lock to 900 degrees.

Speed sensitivity 24
    Steering speed 12
    Deadzone 4 or whatever i guess since i does not work?
    Filter 12
    Gamma 2.4

Testing done mostly with supra time attack tc off, catching slides is easy now..

Massy72 likes this.
  6. bnjmn_dnt

bnjmn_dnt Rookie

the new steering settings are a disaster! Please correct like it was before! I will play Project Cars till them!

7. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

Thanks for your Settings. Will try them all today. BEFORE 1.03 I had the perfect settings for me, but now its a catastrophe! Does anyone know how the parameters changed? So I could try to adjust my old ones to 1.03

Regards :)

8. bnjmn_dnt

bnjmn_dnt Rookie

does anyone knows that they will change it back? didn't touch the game since. it isn't playable

9. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

All I know so far is that 505 games have past the information from my ticket that I raised with them to the dev team.

Not heard anything since then so don't know if they will or won't give us the choice to use the old controller algorithm.

10. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I personally liked the updated controller settings. It made the car less twitchy in default. There are personalized settings in the forum. Try some and see what works for you.

11. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

For me personally I've tried hundreds of different settings to try and get the controls to how I like them, I can get settings to work with 1 or 2 cars but for the rest it didn't work out well, and it's a bit impractical to be keeping a list of settings for different cars and changing the settings ever time I change car.

Can we just not agree some like the new settings and some don't like them simple no.

I've spent the best part of the last month (well apart from a short visit to the hospital but I won't bore you with the details) trying to find a good compromise with the new algorithm but can't.

To be truthful I'm a bit sick of it and have lost all hope that this will get fixed for us who like the old algorithm so basically I can say bye bye to the £56 including the season pass I spent on the game it will teach me to expect the controls of a game too stay the same a month after launch.

I've never in all my time (started in 82/83ish and 16 of those years working in games retail) playing games/Sims experienced a change this bad for me personally but as someone on here told me I'm a whiner and if kunos do fix this for us by including 2 control modes, mode 1 that uses the new algorithm (mode 1 should be the default so as not to mess up the settings for people who like it, seems fair) and mode 2 (uses the old "bad" algorithm) that all the people who like the new algorithm (can't believe he knows everyone that likes the new algorithm and what they will do but that's what he posted) will file ticket to get it changed back to how it is now I thought that was a bit selfish of him personally.

Rant over sorry.

12. djm99

djm99 Gamer

neither the old algorithm, nor new work for me. i have been playing racing games with a controller for 25 years and have never found such issues in using a controller in that time. Some seem to get on fine, but not me.

13. djm99

djm99 Gamer

I still cannot get the BMW E92 drift around Magione as anything more than a slight movement puts the wheels at full lock

14. djm99

djm99 Gamer

Still 15 sec off a bronze !!

15. Larryf1951

I had the exact same problem, but I tested multiple controller settings and finally found one that is close to perfect. I still have not gotten bronze, though. That car still sucks on that track :)

djm99 likes this.
  16. djm99

djm99 Gamer

Am using the OP's controller settings..took the Lotus Exos 125 around Silverstone and found the setting to be quite good. I'm only 5seconds off bronze using the default tune. I'm certainly losing time at the first right hander as i can't seem to turn in for the apex unless i slow down too much, so i still need to tweak something?.. but those same settings just don't work for me at all using that blessed BMW!! ..too much inconsistancy..one should not have to change controller settings for each car?

17. Larryf1951

I agree that one setting should work for all cars. The settings I am using are pretty good for all, with the exception of the BMW. I can get within ten seconds of bronze, but that's it.

djm99 likes this.
  18. djm99

djm99 Gamer

For those who are interested, Changed the gamma down to 2.7 and was able to take the corner much quicker, changed the gearing and took another 2secs off. Will experiment more tomorrow with the steering filter... is 100% stability destroying my laptimes??

19. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

understandable, it isn't helped by the fact you have to keep going to the main screen to tweak the settings, it would be so much easier if you could do it on track. I've spent hours and hours tweaking and testing. I feel like some people especially if they couldn't get good settings before the update are failing to adapt to game that wasn't made for controllers like console racers prior. Anyway give these a try and see if you like them. PS_Messages_20161027_001313.jpg PS_Messages_20161027_001304.jpg

20. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

Personally for me the settings before the update were perfect at default didn't change a thing only options I changed was speed to MPH and music volume to 10%.

I've given up on AS for now I'm back playing PCars :( for my online jollies , I'll see what future updates bring.

I'm sure I'd tried settings pretty much the same as them, but tried them anyway and no cigar sadly.