1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Anyone with the CP still at 0? I had 3 races in total, the last one was yesterday but my CP didn't update

2. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

The server showed 1/4, but I don't know if that means servers 2 to 4 were filled.

3. Ris8

Ris8 Gamer

yesterday in Nurgurgring race at 18:00 pm I was in server 4/4 and it was full, I finished 5/22: very funny, far and competitive!

Thanks all drivers and, obviosly, thanks KUNOS!

4. No,were 4.

5. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

In most of the ranked systems, there is a "qualifying" period where your rating can have big swings. I suppose this is the case for ACC rating too.
    That guy might have won his previous race in a lower split, so the system bumped him in the highest split even though he was not out of his qualifiers.

6. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Ok I'll take my own example then. I had 3 races in CP after four months off:
    - first one: my CP had been reset to 0, I got into split 1 with number 90x, and after the race my CP rating stayed 0;
    - second one: CP 0, I got into split 1 with number 90x, after the race my CP became 68;
    - third one: CP 68, split 1 still with number 90x, CP moved to 69.
    No apparent logic correlation between CP, splits and race numbers. Maybe the database used for numbers is not updated immediately, or there is some mixing made in cutting splits.

7. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

I can see a correlation between my ELO variation and my rank/race number, although not a direct one, because ELO is absolute while the Rank/Race Number is relative to other drivers.
    But if i suck in a race, my ELO goes down and my Rank usually goes up.
    CP rating from 0 to 48, then 40 then 58, and now is "moving" much slower (56 now) following the ELO variation.

In summary, i can see a correlation between my results and my ratings, but while ELO and Ranking are quite clear stats, I'm not sure what to do with my 56 CP... is it good? is it bad? is it average? is it my percentile vs global ACC multiplayer population?

:eek:IDK:eek:

8. trutya

trutya Simracer

i think it depends on your total rating, which server will you get.
    my CP rating was 0 until yesterday. i did a CP race on server 1 but i only finished 17th out ot 22, but still got 65CP points.
    today i did another CP race on server 1, 3/18, got another 2 CP points.
    maybe the system remembers at your old CP races before the update, at least i can see them in my stats. but for some reason (bug) the CP races i did last week or one week before that, didn't count)

9. @Minolin
    One question regarding the regions: A friend of me see's sometime the competitions server/races for the EU region (which is right), and sometimes the races for US region. Why is this happening? Is it done with ip location or with ping or what is responsible for selecting the region?
    What can he do, if he see's the "wrong" region?

10. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

After reading the last half of the thread it seems to me that the CP should calculate correctly. My CP graph has 2 bars out of 3 races I took part in and CP is 0 (checked again this morning) with the last race on the 15th, race results were 5th,5th and 11th so I should definitely have a CP different from 0 if I understand correctly. Is in the current state 50-50 chance to get it calculated or there is something I can do to force it to update?

11. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I'm getting the "no servers in region" error again

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think thats a feature, its all I have ever got. :p

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  13. Just done my second CP event yesterday and it was waaaay better, night race in Barcelona, grid of 22, grid 4 of 5, even though I never got a CP point for my first effort, I was given a number in the 600s, so my efforts registered somewhere. Qualied 18th and then had a great three way fight with an Aston and a Porsche for most of the 45 minutes, finished in 14th, 0.2 behind the Aston guy, it was really down to the wire. 0 touches, two little offs when I was too eager and tires too worn, great fun. Pity I usually only have from 21.00 to 22.00 to play, so the 1CP I have now gained will probably be gone soon. Here's hoping for summertime, this will make me a regular, because either the 22.00 spot or the 20.00 spot will become the 21.00 spot then.

14. N3urON

N3urON Rookie

Hello, i'm having a problem with competition server,i never had the change to run in competition so today i waited all day so the competition server opens and when it did i instantly registered, it was coloured with green saying REGISTERED BLA BLA. After the countdown went to 0 it told me: Please refreh, wich i did and after that Server is full..try later... what the hell am i doing wrong?

15. Hi.
    When the server is Full it is possible that the driver with low Rankings or SA cannot take part. Please try again in the next Session or during the week.

16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Jep we have a record right now, 6 full(!) splits. Increase especially your SA Rating, but also just try again later - 20:00 and 22:00 will have more than enough spots

GRFOCO, GoBo, Milthael and 1 other person like this.
  17. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Are now all events with mandatory pit stop including 45min races?

18. Captain Barracuda

It's worse for me though because I know what I'm missing :cool:

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  19. Captain Barracuda

Still not seeing the US CP server, RIP :(

No CP.jpg

Is the US CP server currently up? Any love for APAC region inbound?

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  20. Cocoa

Cocoa Rookie

Regarding the "Fade out" for the CP rating. After 7 days you lose a point a day for inactivity, but
    "to restore the CP Rating you just have to participate in a race, and all fadeout mechanics are undone"​
    Does this mean after a period of inactivity then doing a CP race, your original CP is restored prior to inactivity, or the point a day deduction is just halted and you're left with a CP minus the point a day deductions (original CP minus point/day)?

Would this not potentially be terrible? What if you go on vacation for 3 weeks, etc? No one would want to take vacations with family anymore!? This could go from a wholesome pastime to ACC - Divorzione.

Guido Trampe and LeSunTzu like this.