1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david m

david m Racer

6 splits, wow. congratulations.
    CP servers are going better and better every day .
    When all players have his real ELO/CP rating, it wil become even better to drive in it for everybody.

My experience in this officials CP servers are keeping as before , awesome and good racing in there.
    the random option is one of the best and smart decission I have seen in many years of simracing, it's a lovely option.

2. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

Not having a APAC server, Sucks the big one MoFos

VeryStef likes this.
  3. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

APAC players will have to take your word for that ;)

VeryStef and GravityMsc like this.
  4. david m

david m Racer

yeah, pitty for you guys,I know. let's hope something come in the near future for APAC, but the good popularity in EUR zone is good for all.

keep strong! ;)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Wolf WolfZ and Captain Barracuda like this.
  5. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Is there any way to ensure I can drive with a friend in a CP race? We could register for the same race of course, but we might not get the same split? Or are Steam friends considered?

Wolf WolfZ and GoBo like this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Wouldnt it just be good for those in the Euro zone? its not really good for all as its no benefit at all to those outside the euro zone. ;)

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  7. not the one i was in some days ago. tires were "interesting" with 10 min to go but manageable.

8. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yup, it would be pretty terrible if the pessimistic interpretation were true.
    But the way I originally read it (and still do), the bit that I've put in large red bold font above is pretty unambiguously saying that your first and more optimistic interpretation is correct...

9. planinggg

planinggg Gamer

If this game not improve about the following features, this sim will be one more sim in the market (like others), this a constructive feedback because I love this ACC, but:

- No pad aids, it means that a good driver with a pad will be always the winner.
    - Onboard camera for everyone, if this game is a sim, it can’t drive with another option. This cameras doesn’t impact on a visibility, and is easier to calc the best drive line.
    - a web with the ranking drivers based in a good (funcional) cp rating (like iracing for example).
    - Need to add some competitive servers more.

I would like to read something positive (it will be improved) from developers about this features exposed above.

David

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  10. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Pads, bonnet cam, but also full dynamic seats, high end direct drive, customized top-notch pedals, lightning fast monitors and so on... there is always a reason why others are quicker :D

VoodooChild likes this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

1. I have no idea what pad aids are or if driving with a pad is faster, its possible to be quite competitive with a wheel and as far as I know a pad driver has never beaten me. I also havent really seen any times I cant see doable with a wheel but I also dont race that much in random pub servers, I also have no access to CP servers so no idea what sort of pace is going on in them.

2. Onboard camera for everyone, I dont see the onboard cams being in any way a disadvantage. Some will run in other views and I would struggle in chase cam, if that means drivers around me are more aware when using other views then I would rather race them with that view then them being impossible to race while in cockpit. Wet running its likely a bigger advantage with external cams in the dry I doubt it makes a difference.

3. Web rankings for many things in ACC would be a plus, not sure if they are planned or what reasons there may be for not really being implemented. Could be limited server capacity issues that limit these things but thats just a pure guess.

4. Would be nice, again costs and dev time needed will limit this. More regions would be a big plus or even allow others to donate servers to run a separate server build that could be used for on demand cp servers controlled fully by Kunos. People just allow the app to run if they have extra capacity they would like to donate to hosting more CP servers. Then this could be used by Kunos to run extra CP servers if needed, no need to have 1000CP servers and also there are issues with possible random shutdowns and likely servers not being up to spec. It may be possible to have a server build that could check if its up to spec and run for a certain time period stable 24/7 before it would be used as a CP server. Again I have zero code ability so its just an idea and may or may not be realistically possible. Its a possible workaround for limiting the costs spiralling at Kunos on what isnt an advertised feature with game purchase. It also cant be expected to scale up to meet all demand at no extra cost to the user. If you made CP servers a premium sub option then demand would likely drop to where the current servers are enough, user base will drop and so the end value for the service drops making the subscribers and user base drop even more.

12. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

vOoQXux.png

CP was an advertised part of the rating system. Without a CP server we don't have access to this rating so technically... everyone should have access to a CP server to utilise this advertised rating ;)

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  13. planinggg

planinggg Gamer

Jjajajjajajajajjajajaj
    My concerns are fonamented and recognized by developers.

1. pad aids give you a really effective advantage
    2. External cams offer you more visibility, specially in bad condicions.

you need more info before to aswer.

David

14. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

wow, 6 server splits!
    This is a really good news, not only for Kunos, but also for us.

15. In the name of all babies and young kids fathers, is it possible to have another race scheduled after the 22:00 one? I'm from Portugal so to us, as to British, 22:00 (server time) is 21:00 here and to alot of us with demanding homeworks, is to soon.
    This lack of time was the main reason why I left leagues races and was hoping on competion servers to fill that gap.
    I know a lot of people share my problem.
    Thanks!

tjr, LeSunTzu, Beckers and 2 others like this.
  16. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

@Alexandre Baptista , I understand you completely.
    Usually I only try the CP servers at weekends. During the week it's very difficult to impossible to be ready at 21:00 GMT (22:00 CET)
    As a matter of fact, I don't remember to have ever found any other Portuguese drivers in CP servers, but it may happens we end up in different servers. When I join in I'm put in server 1.

There is, however, a downside, which is if there are drivers for a 4th session, after the first 3, each with 3 to 6 servers, usually full booked.
    For that regard, I join you saying I would be keen in a 22:00 GMT (23:00 CET) session.

On a side note, hope to race with you again soon.
    We had some good fun in previous online encounters. ;)
    Lately I have found some more Portuguese drivers online (not CP servers), but, as you say, normally after 22:00 GMT (23:00 CET).

17. kashifm

kashifm Racer

It seems like I can't connect to any online servers at the moment and have to miss the CP race because of it.

Rodrigo Paschetto likes this.
  18. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

if you have a good connection and a decent VPN subscription, you can VPN to north america and join the CP races there, they run at 23:00 / 01:00 / 03:00 at your time

19. popo87

popo87 Simracer

why my friend find a CP server start in 10 minutes and for me its 5 hours? we living both in italy -.-

20. planinggg

planinggg Gamer

I attach you a photo in order to add more information about pad aids.
    Mike Nobel is one of the better drivers I know in ACC.
    We take part in redline championship together, and there are some people really fast with aids, so fast so they usually won.

this topic has to be reviewed

Attached Files:

Eero and Wolf WolfZ like this.