1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Piret2000 and Maciej Malinowski like this.
  2. luxsteele

luxsteele Rookie

I completely agree on this, if it helps creating some "competition" (pun intended) to iRacing I would totally support it.
    In my mind I would not mind paying an equivalent of the current ACC price (‎$39.99/year or $3.5/month), if we get periodic updates, clean servers, championship boards, etc.
    I understand others may feel differently, but we got to do given in something to break from the iRacing monopoly.
    Also this fee can be optional and not required to use single player or the "normal" MP.
    Essentially, I like the idea of an optional separate service and I really like the name "ACC Servizio Corse" :) .

GRFOCO, f.e.negroni and grrdabrr like this.
  3. david m

david m Racer

first CP race is in 6 minutes if I understood correctly . curious about how many will go in.. let's see if somebody come later and explain how it went ;)

f.e.negroni likes this.
  4. sniper751

sniper751 Rookie

Did the first race. Track was Brands Hatch, night-time, not very good myself on that circuit. Server was 3/4 so there was some people racing. Saw couple of the usual spins but otherwise seemed pretty clean racing. I was 8/24 in the end, fine with that. Nice to be able to plan the races now. Will do more this week definetly. And really liking the new update too.

5. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I was in the CP race but can’t remember which server. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I actually drove at Brands Hatch GP in real life and I love it but it’s the one track I struggle the most with. That and Barcelona.
    Anyway it was a real blast!

6. Tobias Queck

Tobias Queck Racer

Can we have also a signout button please?
    As well as a player count while waiting for practice to start

7. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

Wil the track stay random? Would like to know for which track I sign up for.

8. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

First post in this thread explains the track rotation on odd days and random on even days.

iltrex and Racert46 like this.
  9. david m

david m Racer

Minolin explain this in first post ,not sure if this is what you are refering

15) How do we cancel a pending registration?
    The sign-up phase is only 5 minutes, there is no cancelation. If you discover you can't join within the next 0-5 minutes after the registration, just don't click "Join"

Piret2000 and Tobias Queck like this.
  10. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

yeah, i have just won a top split race and started wondering where are all points gone

11. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I was racing the 22h race , Zolder server 1/2. Good behavior in general. It was a good experience even if drive badly.
    See you next year, after christmas break ;)

Thanx Kunos, especialy Kevin.

Piret2000 likes this.
  12. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

4) Track

Un-even days of the month (like the 1st, 3rd, 5th, ... 31th) will run the 2019 schedule with Zolder attached to the end. For even days, the track is unknown until the registration phase is over. Additionally, you have to use the car selected when registering to the event.
    The season will always be 2019, as we see the best BoP here.

What is the reason for Random tracks? It would be beneficial to know what track is being raced on before entering the server.
    It gives people time to be better prepared. maybe even drive a few laps before the race.

13. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

It’s been discussed in the past. The reason is to encourage everyone to practice all tracks not just spa and monza.
    Even in iRacing I found that knowing the track was of no benefit to attendance. Some tracks just don’t get much participation outside of a points league.
    It’s not like there are 100 tracks.
    Last night I thought to myself ‘damn it what if it’s the track I practiced the least?’ But I find that’s part of the challenge.
    if it reveals itself to be an unpopular format Kunos will review the decision.

eracerhead and david m like this.
  14. manu68

manu68 Gamer

I love the all concept, ans will try to join some races.
    Probably on the 18h or 20h schedule.
    I am CP zero at the moment , but it is normal as i never entered such CP server. With the new schedule i could organize myself.

If the races are so nice within CP serveurs, why not publish the daily races on a dedicated YouTube channel the day after ?
    Of course it needs some work, but it will act as a commercial for the system and could attract more good simracers in quest of "glory"
    And we can have our own liveries now, which is fun to be easily identified.
    Just an idea

Piret2000 likes this.
  15. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

Yesterday hour race was pretty good!
    The only question is why different splits had different tracks? I thought that all the splits will be on the same track. It's a bit strange.
    Anyway, everything worked fine, thank you for your work!

16. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

It’s worth noting that the 1800/2000/2200 CST schedule set for the US are not accurate; last night I joined at 8pm Central, and had to wait an hour for the last race.

17. Patrik

Patrik Gamer

Just had my second competition race, and have to say that the only thing that sucks is my pace, otherwise very clean and good racing.
    I would say that at least at the moment the driving standards in the cp races are above what you find with similar cars in iracing.

Just a couple of things that IMO could be improved on:
    - Shorten the time between Q and R to maybe 2 mins from the current 5 mins.
    - Increase the registration time to around 20-30 mins, and with this some kind of in-game notification of when the practice is about to start so that you could do for instance offline practice while you wait for the online session to start.

But all in all great work Minolin!

m_box97 likes this.
  18. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

5 minutes between Q and R is fine by me TBH I like having a little time to sort out any issues.
    20/30 minutes registration is IMHO excessive: it's what they do in iRacing and it's unnecessary, again IMHO.

Piret2000 likes this.
  19. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Had nice race on this.

Couple of comments:

As others mentioned I think the best would be if you could register for slots over whole week and see who (or at least how many) were registered. Probably difficult infrastructure-wise.

CP leaderboard in game somewhere.

In my view 5 mins between Q and R is also too much. Especially as conditions don't change between Q and R.

I got a mandatory pitstop on 45 mins as well in contrast to what post mentions. Not complaining: I like mandatory pitstop it gives some excitement and tactical option.

Good on ditching the formation lap...

Also not a fan of random track but I can see why people would like this.

Conceptually strange not knowing time miltiplier at all but not that bothered.

I wish charging fee would work but it wont...

XettMan and Piret2000 like this.
  20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin are the US CP servers up in "countdown timer mode" at the moment? I was able to see them the other day when 1.2.0 launched but now I'm getting the "No Servers In Your Region" Message. I'm in Melbourne and was hoping to give the US CP servers a try tomorrow as the Friday night scheduled US races fall around midday the following day here, and tomorrow being Saturday I can make the times. Would be cool to be able to test these. Generally pings to US from here are in the low 200s for central US so somewhat accessible from Eastern Australia if some care is taken on track.