1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wonder if kunos is considering the option of including a higher percentage of variable conditions for night and rain, I have participated in 8 CP races and the conditions have always been similar ... dry weather and around 5pm.
    I would like there to be more night races and rain, in addition to allowing refueling in the pitstops ..
    What do you think?

Fremen_78 likes this.
  2. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

America CP servers that I have been on this week had 7PM races. After about 20 mins racing, the sun is such a pain at that time in Silverstone for the chicane.. took me a while to find my braking point again. Barca wasn't as bad.

Amazing thing was free practice was at 10AM and it needed lights. Shortest day, Silverstone should get light at 830 (it was closer to 9AM for light in Burnley when I lived there)

3. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

I usually run at least 2 of the 3 CP races in the US every day (quarantine and what-not). There is rain in at least one of them every single day.

I for one would like to see less rain... 30-50% chance of rainout is NOT representative of the GT3 series. I read somewhere Kunos was targeting 10%, but that’s not what I’m seeing.

I like a rainout every once and a while, but it gets pretty frustrating when I’ve worked for hours/days on a setup, got on on pole, and end up in the midfield because the roll-of-the-dice tire choice didn’t land in my favor. Thus handing the win to someone a second off the pace who just blindly chooses rain tires every time.

That’s just racing, I know. Dealing with it every other race just isn’t realistic.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    ohjeah likes this.
  4. holnivek

holnivek Gamer

Yeah, it would be nice to have some sort of wiki or documentation for this. Just update it whenever there are changes to schedule/mechanics or whatever, makes life easy for everyone.

That explains why 2 out of 3 of my CP races were rain. I thought it was just my luck.

Vunnible likes this.
  5. Daffers

Daffers Rookie

Would be great if the results and ratings (elo) of all races of the competition server could be placed on a website. (Like iracing does)
    I like to look back on my races/results and opponents from time to time..

Fremen_78 likes this.
  6. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Gamer

Finding this topic and knowing that even days follow the 2019 schedule helped, but it would be nice if, for the random days, the track appeared a few minutes earlier or the practice time was proportional to each lap time. We don't have time to even adjust the tire pressures for the conditions, unless you test and save a setup for every single possible situation.

7. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Gamer

says i registered, but once the time runs out, it says the registration is full ?

8. If some day all of the servers are full, you can get that message. Try on the next race, because if you can enter one race the system tries to pick you for the next

9. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Gamer

tldr i will prolly try during the week again when other ppl are working xD

10. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

No more server in my area message again :(

11. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Gamer

Just to be sure, are you aware of the CP server schedule? They run just 3 races per day, at evening, with 2 hours between them. 18h / 20h / 22h (server location time). If I try before 18h I get a countdown to it, as well as if I check the Multiplayer screen at 22:01, I see "No more server".

12. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Maybe I'm just on a bad run of luck but I have to agree with some other posts I've seen that the standard of driving on CP servers has nose dived. Half the drivers not prepared to give an inch, especially in the opening laps which in a 1hr race is just ridiculous. This leads to needless wrecks which innocent drivers get caught up in. Others driving with blinkers on and no awareness what so ever of other cars around them on track. I would really like to see car to car contact punished much more heavily in terms of SA loss (if this can be done just for the CP servers) and maybe automated driver bans for anyone having 4 or more contacts with other cars in a single race. Maybe that and higher SA requirements to get in would clean things up.

13. holnivek

holnivek Gamer

Which server do you play on? People in my CP races on US servers seem fine. In yesterday's CP race on Brands Hatch, 2 backmarkers were battling each other when I approached. They slowed down and let me pass, didn't even have to use my flashers. There was another guy who slowed down near pit exit for the race leader to pass before exiting pit lane. Just good driving and great manners all around.

14. Something that keeps track of the number of accidents would be a good idea IMO, but a ban after 4 contacts is way overkill

Neilski likes this.
  15. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

@holnivek. I'm on the EU servers (99% of the time top split). They started off great but as people have realised how easy it is to maintain a high safety rating things appear to have gone down hill.

Cucumber_86 likes this.
  16. holnivek

holnivek Gamer

That's a shame. Bad/aggressive drivers should be punished more severely than just a small ding in SA, but I'm not sure if there's a good way to do that.

17. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Gamer

I second that! I'm in Brazil, so I always get the US CP servers and they are pretty good. Apart from one or two messy guys eventually, I'm still to have a disastrous racing in that regard. More often than not all the fights for position and lapped traffic behave properly.

holnivek likes this.
  18. Stains

Stains Simracer

Can anyone please tell me how i can get on a CP server ? What are the server names and what times do they run ? Im in Australia and SA is 92 if that matters.

19. If you go to multiplayer tab in the game, at the right of your car youll have the CP servers

Stains likes this.
  20. Stains

Stains Simracer

No wonder i have never seen it , it always says " NO SERVERS IN YOUR REGION " :(
    Why is that ? Isn't there any competition servers for us Australians ?

Wolf WolfZ likes this.