1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

back to this again..

acc_cp_svr_error.jpg

2. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

My ping from midwest US to the EU probably is about the same as Coanda’s - for instance - to here.

I’d really like to be able to run on the EU servers from time to time. The race schedule works out better for me on the weekend and there’s much more competition available.

I like where we’re at now, but I consider it an intermediate stage. I would hope that a better system could be rolled out in the future, where all servers are visible but can be restricted by ping-limit to those who are just too far away.

3. kashifm

kashifm Racer

I feel like there should at least a 30 minutes practice session in which people can sign-up/join so it gives a little time for people to become aware it's live and join. As it is, there's too small a window between when you sign-up and can actually race, in my opinion.

4. david m

david m Racer

sign up time can be a little more longer yes, but 30 minut seems to much and I don't see what can bring to drivers.
    10-15 minutes can be also quite good and give a little more margin to drivers in the signup proces.
    anyway I don't see that the 5 minutes that we have right now to make the sign up are a problem.

With this new scheduled CP servers everybody knows at what times are the races every day, and when exactly the sign up proces begin, so you just have to be ready to do it if you want to race.

btw, not sure if devs will have the time and the permission to share with us some numbers or insights on how is going with the CP races participation after the first days. :)
    Really seems that this new CP servers are keeped active in EUR zone every day.
    good news if it's the case

Fremen_78 and Piret2000 like this.
  5. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin can you please confirm that the distribution algorithm is working as intended? Because I did three races until now, and in two of them I got split 4/4 with just 3 and 4 drivers respectively. Only in the second race I got into the third split and we were around 20+ people.

BTW this new iteration of the CP servers is awesome, I hope some of the people who stopped playing will come back now. Cheers!

Piret2000 likes this.
  6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Nope sadly I broke it on friday

7. manu68

manu68 Gamer

I have made my first CP race at misano two days ago (6 pm)

Server 3/4, 18 nice guys on the grid, not alien but serious pace 1:37.

I had personally a really fantastic simracing moment. I think i finished 6th, but i dont really care of such thing.

Great moment with nice spanish, french, german guys. Thats all that count.

LukFry, Si. and david m like this.
  8. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

Over the weekend I tried out some CP races for the first time. Did 4 races total. A quick summary of each:
    • Race 1: Fri 20th 20:00 - Zolder - Server #1 - Started upper midfield, clean racing, no contacts, although a few close calls, was a great experience (although I heard about a big crash behind me). Finished 6th. This one doesn't seem to exist on my driver rating page.
    • Race 2: Sat 21st 22:00 - Misano - Server #1 - Started near the back, got rear ended, damaged and spun at the 3rd turn of lap 1, dropped to last, pretty boring race with damage (the other driver apologised, but still ruined my race). Finished 16th.
    • Race 3: Sun 22nd 18:00 - Hungary - Server #1 - Started midfield, had some good close racing for 7 laps, then got rear ended by someone who tried to overtake 3 cars in one go into T1, damaged and spun to last (the other driver apologised, but still ruined my race). Cant remember where I finished as this one doesn't exist on my driver rating page.
    • Race 4: Sun 22nd 22:00 - Barcelona - Server #1 - Started near the back, got pit manoeuvred half way around T3 on Lap 1, damaged and spun (the driver did not apologise, which makes sense since it seemed intentional...I was on the inside...), boring race with damage. Finished 11th because half the cars on grid somehow failed to stay on track for 45mins.
    Overall, with race ruining accidents in 3 out of 4 races so far, I can't say I'm having a great time with it. As I understand it (since I know a significant number of the people in the servers from league racing) the servers I've been in have been 90+ SA servers, yet its proven near impossible to have a clean race unless you pick a fast car and nail your Q lap (which is hard enough since people on outlaps regularly block drivers on fast laps). Its not an issue from an SA rating point of view (my rating has not went down through all of it) but it completely ruins the fun.

It is early days, but my initial impression is that either:
    1. The SA requirements are too low for the top split, and ideally you would have a 95+ SA split (or, since it seems SA is easier to earn now, a 98+ split)
    2. SA is now too easy to earn (everyone I've spoken to who was not already on 99 has said theirs went up significantly since the last patch, this doesn't seem good)
    3. SA penalties in CP races are too weak (these people had driver no. above 900, so its not their first CP races, and I doubt their first contacts in one, I only got like 2 or 3 OBWP for getting hit 3 times, I'd have hoped for 20 or 30)
    4. All of the above
    I'm leaning towards #4. I suppose I'm a tough one to please in this respect, since I'm a long time league racer, and am used to being in a minor incident once every 5 races at worst (usually less). I really do like the new format, I think it has great potential and I'll keep trying for now. But sadly, at the moment, its proving no better driving standards than a random 70SA rated pub lobby (not just from my contacts, but from the amount of spinning/wrecked cars I need to dodge). @Minolin if there is anything you could do to tighten things up in future patches would be more than welcome.

I'd be happy if it just assigned you enough OBWP to cause a straight -5 SA penalty for any contact in the top split CP race where one of the cars spin, granted I'd have lost 15 by getting taken out 3 times, but chances are if the penalties were that harsh the people in question would have been trying harder to be careful, and it wouldn't even have happened in the first place. Ideally the top split would be something to aspire to be able to join, not just a number.

As an aside, in races 1, 2 and 3, there was a mandatory stop (so I could at least repair my car at halfway) but race 4, sadly, when my damage was worst (got collected after I was spun), there was no mandatory stop. A lot of people would have quit the race at that point. I appreciate that not having a mandatory stop forces people to think about tyre wear, but the value of the pitstop in giving you a chance to fix your car after getting taken out, to me, is higher, so I'll always be hoping to see a mandatory stop in the future races I do.

Other than driving standards, some other initial impressions from me, and the other racers I speak to:
    • More weekday race slots would be nice, 21:00CET weekdays is prime-time from my point of view (in the UK)
    • Daytime/Afternoon weekend race slots would be great
    • Could the FP session be set to be the same time as Q (on the prior day) so that you have a chance to sort out your pressures in FP
    • Slightly longer FP would be nice, maybe 7mins, especially if its a 10min Q session, since some have never driven that car+track combo before and could do with time to at least get the tyres up to temp in FP
    Hopefully I've just had some back luck, and its not as bad as it seems,

9. Ris8

Ris8 Gamer

CP rating not updated in my last 2 races, Yesterday and today at 06 pm.

10. azzah

azzah Simracer

Although I shared the track with you in one of the races, I do not share your overall impression.

Out of probably 7 races I did so far (Brands Hatch, Paul Ricard, Misano and Zandvoort, all on server #1), I found myself between reasonably clean and quick drivers most of the time. One time I was hit in the rear at the last corner in Paul Ricard, but the guy who took me out let me past right afterwards. The other races I had nothing, even when driving in a close group.

So much for our different experiences.

Sure, I've seen people spin out a bunch of times (did it myself, too), some of the first laps were pretty hairy in places and there was a spectacularly stupid turn 0 incident (watch clip) in one of the Misano races. But when I compare that to the average experience in an open lobby - even with high SA requirements - all I can say that these races had been nothing but spectacular.

I don't know if you're comparing the CP races to your experiences in league races or that I just have way lower expectations than you do. Maybe I'm just driving in a bubble with less aggressive drivers.

Now, don't get me wrong: I agree that from the perspective of a driver who already had high SA before v1.2, it looks like it is far too easy to gain trust currently. But unless you've looked into the profiles of all the other drivers I'd say pump the brakes a bit on the request for higher requirements until the ratings have settled and Minolin had a chance to crunch some numbers.

11. Ris8

Ris8 Gamer

So CP rating updating is broken now?

12. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

yep, my last 3 races didn't update

13. Ris8

Ris8 Gamer

uffff.... my last two

14. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin I did 3 CP races on the weekend. My CP is still zero (understand this will update eventually), but the thing that concerns me is I don't have a bar in my graph for the 3rd race. I thought this may have been delayed but it was race 1 on the US server Saturday night 21/12 and the bar still isn't showing my graph. Is this data logged or gone for good? (I came first in a field of 14 starters so keen for it to register). I stayed in the server until the message came up say I could leave any time, and then stayed for another minute or so beyond that.

15. Captain Barracuda

Further to my previous post, I just did another CP race which is showing in my graph, but the previous one on 21/12 still isn't.

16. Captain Barracuda

And today no server in region.

No CP.jpg

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  17. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Me too; I’m seeing EU servers opening in 13hrs, but nothing where I am in the US.

18. f3rny

f3rny Rookie

just buyed the game after seeing the cp servers update, and I see the not servers in your region thing. I'm from south america, but if I understand correctly I should be able to see the US server anyway, I race in other titles in USA/EU servers without problems.

19. david m

david m Racer

a pitty to see differents problems. new CP system is briliant, and had been very well welcomed. For this reason is keeping alive, and as far as I know with different splits in each race. This is the best news. :)
    Will be fantastic to see working perfect and have problems solved (if it's possible) , because people tired fast if something didn't work like they expect.
    The split formation is crucial. Has no sense in appear in split 4/4 and be 3 or 4 drivers.
    Also the problem with ratings not updated (or not shown visually) will make happy many drivers.
    Like make this servers show more frequently or more regular for more people in different countries.

Let's keep faith and hope to be solved . devs are on christmas holidays ,like many people.
    CP races are working quite good and are establishing well.

20. kashifm

kashifm Racer

I've done about 6-7 CP races and none of them have showed up in my rating yet.