1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

1080Ti sli performance

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by hvb83, Apr 4, 2020.

1. hvb83

hvb83 Rookie

Hi guys,

I was into racesims 6 years ago, but didn't really have the time in between, small kids, real world racing, expanding the business, etc. Given the circumstances we're currently in, I thought I'd pick up on that again, so trying to get my hands on a P1X and Simucube again, but it seems more people came up with that idea over the past weeks, so I'll have to wait a little longer probably. :)

Anyway, GPU-wise I have a couple of 1080Ti's lying around, just not up and running at the moment. I'm not keen on buying a 2080Ti now only to see the 30xxTi's when they get released being a real step up. I'll be going triple screen, 1440p, no VR planned for the near future.

I've seen some threads, which sometimes seem a bit indecisive to me and I can imagine the advise might be different if you would actually have to buy a new GPU in order to go SLI or play different games also, but for me that's not the case. I'll only be driving AC/ACC, no other games and I have the GPUs already. What is the current status on SLI for ACC? Will 1080Ti's in SLI deliver any sort of advantage, or should I not get my hopes up and expect to use 1080p for the foreseeable future?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality 90 fps, 1080ti and valve index Nov 4, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Best Settings VR > 1080ti / Rift S Aug 14, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality valve index and 1080ti settings Aug 6, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Low FPS after upgrading to 1080Ti GPU May 5, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Whats wrong? VR + Ryzen 5 2600x + 1080ti Dec 1, 2018
    ACC General Discussions 1080ti owners - 4k performance Oct 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room GTX 1080ti. Is this GPU good enough to use with the RIFT without losing frames? Apr 19, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Audio crackling when I get behind a car to slipstream Aug 29, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Increasing slipstream effect for draggy car Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Physics Increasing slip stream effect for a draggy car Jul 6, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Slipstream Racing League- Saturday Nights (NA) Jul 4, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres I want to put semislick tyres on the stock AE86 Jun 18, 2020
    Screens & Videos Nissan GTR Drift on Slippery Nordschleife Jun 5, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI always pits for Wet tyres at slightest rain Apr 13, 2020
    ACC Physics Misano Sliding Feb 21, 2020

3. Greg Southall

Greg Southall Rookie

Also interested to see whether anyone has had any beneficial results with SLI.

I’ll soon be investigating this areas myself with twin 2080Ti’s (mainly for any benefit I can get in VR).

So far, from internet wide searches and this forum, I’ve accumulated the following (VR also included but not relevant to you).
    - SLI profile introduced by NVidia drivers middle of last year.
    - No confirmation seen whether Kunos supports it.
    - Some users report seeing benefit (within this forum) using AFR2 in the nVidia control Panel.
    - From nVidia forum: AFR2 works well with HDR/HDR+AA effects typically seen with newer games. AF1 works better with older games
    - AFR can lead to micro stuttering, and where this is potential big issue in VR, may be overcome by having 2 frames rendered in advance in the VR settings i.e. steam VR
    - DLSS and VRSS wanted but nothing to say whether Kunos or nVidia will implement for this title.

Keep us posted how you get on.