1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2015 wec round #2 @ spa - discussion (note: spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PhenOm, May 2, 2015.

1. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

As you might have guessed, the second race of the WEC season was at Spa today.

It was an amazing race with all records being broken. They managed to do the longest distance in any 6 hour race ever, fastest LMP1 time ever at Spa and this everything with cars that have less down-force compared to a few years ago and also significantly less fuel usage.

Of course Audi took the victory but Porsche came very close, it was an amazing battle. Porsche had the outright speed but Audi managed to have a 'clean' race without any issues and also with a good strategy.
    The battle for the lead in the GTE Pro category was also amazing until the very end.

Oh, and I've been at the track and will upload pics & some clips from the start & during the race later tonight or tomorrow, really tired and need a good resting-period after walking so much.
    ps. the Ferrari's and Corvette were loud as hell, I could feel the ground shaking when the vette passed by.

So, did you watch the race and if you did, what is your opinion? Did you like it, did you hate it? :)

snyperal, Jur, Patrik Marek and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Liveries Request: fia wec 2015 skins Apr 30, 2015
    Liveries Aston martin racing wec 2015 #95 and #97 Mar 19, 2015
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2015 : missing GT-R logo texture Jan 22, 2020
    ACC Gameplay little default setup inconsistency on Nissan GT-R (2015) Aug 23, 2019
    ACC Physics Nissan GTR GT3 2015 spurious (unreasonable) vibration at 52-57 km/h Aug 16, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting [V1.0] 2015 GTR Car Setup Folder Name Wrong May 30, 2019
    ACC General Discussions 2015 Cars ? Apr 29, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 runtime required Mar 12, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime required Mar 12, 2019
    Chit Chat Room F1 2015 Free from humble. Mar 22, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 - Hybrid Bug Jun 29, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 911 Hybrid 2015 stop hybrid systems powering in 1st/2nd gear? Nov 27, 2016
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 at Nürburgring GP - 1:40.526 Nov 23, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Power/Torque Graph missing for Porsche 919 Hybrid (2015) Nov 22, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What happens with Audi R8 LMS GT3 2015 ? Sep 6, 2016

3. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

Watched the last hour on TV and some highlights. The penalty of Ferrari No. 51 near the end was absolutly nonsense imho! :rolleyes:
    Wasn't he fighting for first place in his category? Stupid decision.
    Yeah, rules are rules and the mechanic shouldn't have touched the tires but otherwise the Porsche surely would have been damaged! Very strange.
    Or did I misunderstood the situation somehow?

The LMP-cars look more and more ugly each year, but just my 2 cent! ;)

4. It was a very good race from what I saw of it.

I think the penalty was not because the mechanic tried to stop the wheel but the wheels where placed in the wrong place or because they went into the live pit area which is against the rules.

was it just me or are the Aston Martins the best sounding cars on the grid?

5. pons

pons Simracer

I find it amazing to see such close racing after 6 hours. Really good.
    Porsche will be very strong on the straights in Le Mans ;)

6. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I'd go for the Ferrari or Corvette.. they're all pretty awesome tbh, but the Ferrari's & Corvette had something special this year. Idk... they just trumped the Astons sound-wise this year.
    You could hear the Ferrari's downshift at the end of Kemmel straight/Les Combes when standing at the top of eau-rouge, they were so damn loud.
    Standing at the bottom of Eau Rouge gave you the best sounds though. So amazing and loud, if you've got the chance to visit Spa once, do it! Nothing, no game (not even AC), pictures or videos can give you the amazing feeling of walking around the track and experiencing the height differences.

7. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

The WEC is probably my favourite racing series right now. Both races this year have been awesome.

PhenOm likes this.
  8. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Jur and yusupov like this.
  9. yusupov

yusupov Alien

THIS WAS TODAY???

10. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

I tried to watch but didn't find a good live stream (free) and wasn't been broadcast on TV... sucks.

11. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

The penalty was due to he tyre rolling (just) into the red area of the pits. Dangerous and all that.

It was a massive shame as that battle was awesome!

12. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Yeah bloody pit personel ruined the great race for Vilander and Bruni. But other than that it was quite enjoyable race. And I think they said that not a single tyre puncture in the whole 6h race, that's pretty good.

13. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

The full thing is on YouTube. Just search for WEC FIA 2015.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  14. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

watched about 3/4 hours on youtube, really great race! love WEC ! too bad we don't have these cars in AC yet, but some of them are coming, so we shall see.
    always was big fan of multi class racing

those steering wheels seems to be more complex then those of F1

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    snyperal likes this.
  15. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

The cars are also more complex than those of F1 :p
    That's what I like about the WEC LMP1 category, they get a specific ruleset which they need to follow, however, how you do it is your own choice, just stay within regulations and you're ok.
    It's amazing to see and this actually is progress, these cars actually use systems (whether it are headlights, hybrid systems, brakes, engines) that can/will be used in road cars in the near future. Just look at how "efficient" the cars are. They don't use any fuel at all compared to the LMP1's not so long ago. Yet they manage to get the same speeds/results with these cars.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  16. Jur

Jur Gamer

Been there this weekend.
    What a great event, and on 1 of nicest circuits in the world imo.
    U can come very close to the cars and ticket price just 31 euro for 3 days.
    Recommend every race fan to go there next year. (they have signed 3year contract so WEC will there next years ;)

Here some pics to spoil u guys :p
    IMG_1134.JPG IMG_1166.JPG IMG_1176.JPG IMG_1181.JPG IMG_1196.JPG IMG_1226.JPG IMG_1283.JPG IMG_1319.JPG

pons and Patrik Marek like this.
  17. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

would love to go there, if it only was closer,
    but they do COTA, don't they? so perhaps that might be my chance (probably won't make it this year though)

love these cars, can't wait to see some of them in AC

PhenOm likes this.
  18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yes, I imagine these will also be popular as a form of public and league racing, like the gt2/3 cars.

19. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

If you ever have a chance to visit Spa, do it. Don't think about it just do it. Hell, make it a small vacation :) Book a nice hotel here in Belgium or just over the border in Germany and you can visit both the Nordschleife and Spa. To be honest, what you get to see and experience here at Spa during the 6 hour race is unrivaled. It's getting bigger and bigger every year, it's simply amazing.
    The tickets are cheap as hell compared to F1 or the 24h race (€ 31,- per person for 3 days including a pit-walk every day and access to the paddock where you might meet some drivers). Downside is €15,- for a parking ticket but it's for 3 days so all in all not too bad if you know that the F1 race costs about €100,- per person and the 24hours around 80 (I think, but more days & 24 hours of racing ofc.)
    But yeah, you've got enough time since they did extend the contract for another 3 years and I think it'll be even longer after that due to the success the series is having.

Oh, and to all people who are still thinking whether this is better than F1 or any other racing out there, here's your answer:
    https://www.facebook.com/fiawec/videos/907790612610727/?fref=nf

The pass around the outside at pif-paf is unbelievable...

Patrik Marek and Quffy like this.
  20. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

yeah, one helluva pass !

this battle was also epic!!

but yeah, would love to go and even better drive on it , but that's making it way more difficult , unless I just rent a car

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    PhenOm, Jur and yusupov like this.
  21. Arti

Arti Gamer

Was there this weekend too. The Ferraris are just mental. They literally are trying to kill you. And the height differences you have to see for yourself. No game or video compares to looking up the Eau Rouge for yourself. Great event, if you got a chance to go, do it.

yusupov and Patrik Marek like this.