1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2017 911 RSR was built just for me!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SPEKTRE76 2, May 29, 2017.

1. SPEKTRE76 2

SPEKTRE76 2 Rookie

I am so glad that KUNOS secured licensing for Porsche. I honestly forgot that I even had the car. I bought the "Ready to Race Pack" and immediately used the Audi R8 LMS. I thought the car suited me very well. I do not own a race wheel. I have been using my X360 pad for about a year now.

I raced the LMS, 488 GT3, Hurican GT3, GTR, C7R and lastly the RSR. Of all the cars, the RSR seems as if it were built specifically for me. I did a 5 lap heat on Imola with all these cars. The Audi I managed a best lap of 1:59+. The Ferrari a 1:57+, Lambo 1:58+, GTR 1:59+, C7R 1:57+. these were not all raced on the same day.

When it came to the RSR, it felt like it could read my mind. Every turn came out exactly as I had it in my mind. The machine and I were one unit working together to achieve perfection! I ended up with a 1:52:601 after I started my 5th lap. Sadly I got over confident and crashed on Turn 9.

All scores were achieved with a default set up. If I can learn to set up the Porsche I may achieve sub 1:45's. At least I think so. I need to get a wheel for sure.

- Isaac

[​IMG]

LeDude83, hazardic and Fat-Alfie like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues No force feedback on Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Mar 7, 2021
    Audio Bugs & Issues No engine sound from the ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017 cars May 1, 2018
    Console Lounge 911 gt3 cup 2017 tires bug Apr 25, 2018
    Bug reports Porsche 911 RSR 2017 - Wrong Color Nov 8, 2017
    Console Lounge porsche 911 rsr 2017 livery xbox one Jul 30, 2017
    Bug reports 2017 911 RSR Camber Setting rear right Jul 13, 2017
    Bug reports 2017 911 RSR camber settings Jul 2, 2017
    Screens & Videos Porsche 911 RSR 2017 at NürburgringGP - 1:53.727 + Setup May 9, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues stuttering monza 911 rsr 2017 May 5, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa - Porsche 911 RSR 2017 @Monza - 1:45:479 + setup May 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room 2017 911 GT3 set a Nordschleife lap time May 4, 2017
    Screens & Videos Porsche 911 RSR 2017 at Silverstone - 2:00.226 + Setup Apr 30, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Rift and Vive Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Skins Apr 11, 2017
    Console Lounge 2017 911 RSR Apr 5, 2017
    Screens & Videos Porsche 911 RSR 2017 at Monza - 1:47.046 + Setup Mar 28, 2017

3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Racer

Do yourself a huge favor... invest in a good wheel and pedal, and a buttkicker (with SimCommander4)... it will be a whole new experience.

ALB123 likes this.
  4. SPEKTRE76 2

SPEKTRE76 2 Rookie

I was thinking of a Logitech G920 or can I get away with something less expensive?

5. magzire

magzire Alien

A thrustmaster be a better choice. The Logitech is basically a G27 and thats an old wheel. I think the t300 is good value.

6. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

No G29! T300, or T500.

ShredatorFIN and LeDude83 like this.
  7. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

go with whatever wheel you can afford,

8. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

There's no problem in achieving 1:45 or even 1:42 with xbox controller, without any special car setup. Tell me if you want replay. From ingame wheel movement you will probably didn't even notice difference beetwen playing with wheel.
    Only problem with controller is lack of force feedback, so it's harder to be consistent. And yeah, also lack of fun, I admit.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

It sounds like you really like Assetto Corsa. All I can say is, if you like AC now you will lose your mind over how great AC is with a decent steering wheel. Yes, AC has awesome physics, but AC also has incredible FFB in my opinion. You can feel weight/load transferring through your hands. You feel the rumble strips as you pass over them. I could go on and on. Playing AC without a wheel & pedals should be against the law! :p :D j/k

Precisely. The T300 and G92/G920 are both fine wheels. If spending half a stack on a wheel & pedals is not a problem, that's even better.

10. hazardic

hazardic Alien

congrats man! the moment you start enjoy ac you become addictive:D it is nice you have found your own car, mine is m3gt2, because of it i came into ac, but rsr2017 is the second one after m3gt2 i love the most.
    Beloved car provides a nice motivation to get fun and.. spend funds for equipment!:D

11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Racer

You will get so much faster with a dialed in wheel and pedals... Case in point, I can do Imola with RS 2017 at 1:45.702 and with the Corvette C7R 1:45:03 without trying too hard... That is one of my favorite car, especially with the fonsecker audio.

I attached both hotlap setups... softer compound, lower fuel, lower gears ratio, etc..

Attached Files:

12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

The new logitech G29 or G920 is poor value for money, it's basically overpriced old G27 with mainly visual facelift. Get Thurstmaster T300 (better wheel) or used G27 (good, very durable and cheap)

ALB123, magzire and Hartmut Gl like this.