1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. dbr93

dbr93 Gamer

I see the results on MP i don’t have time to test others cars on 10 differents track and on all conditions
    I know mine and if there are problems it’s from Kunos to test and fix it
    Pace and racing

2. it is useless to have a lot of talk ... at the moment porsche and another category. I drive practically all the cars and are always objective in the evaluations, porsche at the moment has a bop that does not reflect the reality of the facts.

Salvatore Amato and Dafunkdp like this.
  3. Dafunkdp

Dafunkdp Gamer

Then do not defend like mad your car, as i can see you are driving the Porsche in the Rlm season...what a coincidence :p

It's impossible to test every car in every possible condition..who got that much spare time? also you don't need to test a car in every possible mix of temps/fuel/tyres/wear/weather...if a car is ****, is ****, period. or the oppsite ;)

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  4. Nesja

Nesja Racer

Porsche has it all.
    Amazing one lap speed.
    Amazing stability, easy to control, easy to recover.
    Great acceleration out of corners so it's difficult to overtake. Very late braking so it's difficult to overtake.

In 45 mins + races you feel the grip decrease a bit, but the car doesn't lose its stability. So you end up losing a few tenths per lap, not full seconds like with Ferrari, Audi when the rear starts sliding and you have to start driving like you're on ice. Not even going to mention Lamborghini in this respect. With the Porsche you can continue pushing hard and the car will be quick and well behaved.

There are just no trade offs with Porsche. This car irl would win almost everything.
    It's probably also the easiest car to drive without driver aids and still do ok.

5. Dafunkdp

Dafunkdp Gamer

Embrace yourself, Porsche fanboys are coming! :p

Since (i guess) we all love this racing simulator we'd like to have the best possible experience at least "similar" to real life results since it is the official game (imagine F1 from codemasters and the Haas team kicking merc and redbull :p )...i know that of course it is a thing hard to achieve.

Anyway putting aside the jokes...we are here to discuss about the actual performances of the cars after the 1.2 update...
    The introduction of the new tyre model/chassis flex/aerodinamic clearly helped some cars and some other got a bad drawback...before 1.2 there was a nice "balance", after the update things shifted.

Maybe we have to open another topic about the 1.2 update and performaces of some cars...we should see audi lambos and amgs in front by looking at Blancpain results....atm we see Porsche, Aston and audi (ferraris only if driven by Muià or Selva)

But if @Aristotelis says: "Guys the performance of the cars are on point after the update 1.2 so do not discuss about it" i'll never write again about bops....who can knows better than him? :p
    But seems quite difficult to get a Dev to reply to this kind of topics eheh

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  6. porsche is a group c car, while ferrari is a go-kart with broken chassis.
    end of talks

Titi Colectinha likes this.
  7. DBurns

DBurns Rookie

and NSX is a bicycle.

porsche evo is just too quick

8. now seriously, I just tried the patch my self. Ferrari is not bad, it has just a different rotation. But it can be fixed on setup.
    There porsche remains op...

9. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Nah guys sorry to say but I feel there is some overreaction going on. I do not accept someone saying that we have only 2 "really fast" guys in our tier 1 league, and all others are 0.5-1.0 seconds slower: this is simply not true, and if you look at Kunos special event leaderboards and our quali and race results (and race lap times) and check the names and cars, you will see that it is an extremely close field, before and after the v1.2 update.

Several cars can be made extremely fast with dedicated practice and very good setup work - for example the Nissan. Several cars behave differently on different tracks (which is more than logical, since there is also a different BOP across the 4 track categories). So doing this comparison "Porsche vs. Ferrari" on one track is misleading.

I accept that with the v1.2 update maybe the Ferrari has "bad luck" with chassis flex or whatever, and as the McLaren got nerved on Silverstone and Nurburgring, it may appear that the Porsche is extremely strong on these tracks. But it is not 0.5-1.0 seconds faster per lap over a stint compared to the other cars (also considering tyre wear, fuel burn rate compared to e.g. Aston or Ferrari, more nervous curb behavior than other cars, etc.).

m_box97 likes this.
  10. Dafunkdp

Dafunkdp Gamer

Pls tell me that you tested at least a few stints, otherwise these words are just opinions..

Ok so their testing, videos, screenshots about the actual status of the Porsche just means nothing to you....oooook :p
    If you feel like that, and since your league seems that allows wild cards drivers here and there, allow Muià and Selva to use the Porsche 2.0 for one Race...i'll be here waiting with a camion of pop corn ;) I feel like you never seen a Porsche in very good hands :p

Again don't get me wrong, in that league there are plenty of fast drivers...but you need to be real too...

11. Chriss

Chriss Racer

No, because we need data from multiple tracks in exact same conditions to really be able to make a comparison. And ideally also in more normal conditions, unlike our Paul Ricard league race with extremely high temperatures. And even if the Porsche would lead all hotlap timetables then by 0.2 seconds or so over all other cars (not only over the Ferrari), I would like to see fuel consumption, tyre wear etc. over a longer stint before I would call a car "overpowered by 0.5-1 seconds per lap".

12. Dafunkdp

Dafunkdp Gamer

So so so, dude..they prepare for 2 weeks the ferrari each time for the next race with refined setups..then they try the Porsche, they are instantly way faster on qualy laps, way faster pace times..but that does not count right?...Just make me laugh seriously..I even posted the stats from the Acc Belgium servers (weekly stats, then reset) that are running "normal" temperatures, actually one of them a little bit higher...as you can see there's only porsche :p

So if you would like to see fuel/tyre wear etc etc why did you put in your league "endurances" races that are just 2 45 min hotstint? how can you evaluate on that? don't put the pit and allowa the drivers to choose their strategy.. :p

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  13. Chriss

Chriss Racer

you got it, and I think I explained why :)

But I am more than happy to receive proper data with all cars on multiple tracks mate!

14. Dafunkdp

Dafunkdp Gamer

And you have it! Acc Belgium servers are running 24/7 constantly with tons and tons of drivers everyday, collecting data from hundreds races, with lap times etc...but that does not count neither right? if their rankings are consistenly showing Porsche on top that does not count right? c'mon

You guys are just like babies covering their ears and eyes and screaming NANANAANANANANANAN (batman lol)

Defending the obvious :D

I'm not here saying this because i don't like the Porsche, nerf it or i cry...actually i love it, i spend lot of time in that car! when you put the 6th gear is like afterburners for a jet ahah but there's something wrong with that car...

15. Chriss

Chriss Racer

For sure it does not count, as conditions evolve over time, different drivers drive these times, the race lap times also take into account invalidated laps ("red laps" in the ACC timetable), etc.

So, before attacking and insulting people here, my suggestion is to get back to the topic of this thread, which is fact-based BOP discussion.

m_box97 and Maciej Malinowski like this.
  16. Paolo Muià

Paolo Muià Rookie

The difference between Porsche and Ferrari, at least on Paul Richard, is gorgeous, here is my lap with same temps and day hour of the official qualy, did 0.5 sec faster than pole, and still wihtout a perfect set.

Dafunkdp likes this.
  17. Dafunkdp

Dafunkdp Gamer

Then sir you need to get some information before saying just no no and no...Acc belgium servers just reset to the exact same conditions ...so yes those chart can easily be taken into consideration because the variables are the same for all the cars, and if you know what are the lap times of the tracks(and of course you know it) ...of course if you see that 44 at monza is obviously wrong you can get rid of them...at least quali lap times are legit.
    And here we are not insulting anyone, we are talking INTOPIC about the bops of some cars...in particular Porsche 2.0

Another example..i'm **** at driving and i use the AMG at monza while you, a skilled driver, take the NSX...I obiusly won...does that make me a better driver than you? of course not..it's just the car....is this kind of consideration an insult? c'mon please

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  18. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

an electric bicycle, then? because it has a bit of pace when tuned right :D

19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

why are people complaining about ferrari? it behaves basically the same.
    it always has been low on power but mid turn speed and ability to run extremely edgy setup to get proper hotlap is still unbeatable.
    Not to mention it has higher top speed than porsche.(which can be even higher with ability to keep stability while running low drag setup)
    i agree some cars like nsx may be feel slow but you guys need to get out of safe comfort zone and decrease that rear wing NSX strong point is top speed (as david perel says in one of his videos)

20. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

complain about Ferrari ??__o_Oo_O