1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

22 - cars - AC engine or my old pc?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by RobertLidstroem, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Hi people!

Well, just cmae to think of something! I've been with Kunos since day one (of AC, not netKar). What is it that limits my championships and races to about 22-24 cars? Is it Kunos engine that cant run more, or is it my computer getting old. Just running an old Nvidia 780GTX on 16gb RAM, 4 year old, was state of the art when bought.

Time to upgrade`?

Oh, bonusquestion: Is there any talk about multiclass offline support? I'm mostly offline making championships and i've gone deep into enduranceracing (making IMSA, ELMS, WEC-championships). Would love to have a correct pointstable!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Audio Missing some GT4 cars engine sounds Jul 17, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Mid engine vs front engine cars Apr 1, 2019
    ACC Physics Cars rolling on slopes when pushing throttle even when engine is off Jan 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Would you like to see a Race Engineer in ACC (as per PCars2)? Nov 29, 2018
    ACC Audio ?? F3 Cameras on empty track and car turned off you can hear engines like there is cars on track Sep 14, 2018
    Audio Bugs & Issues No engine sound from the ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017 cars May 1, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Adding Ferrari 412 t2 and making cars engine noise louder in replay mode please :) Apr 23, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues No engine sound on some modded cars Dec 31, 2016
    Console Lounge No engine sounds from inside car with most cars Nov 23, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Most cars don't produce any engine sound when driven Oct 21, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues A few cars have no engine sound May 18, 2016
    General modding discussion No engine sounds in moded cars Oct 10, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ["fixed"] no engine sounds on some kunos cars Aug 5, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds No engine sound for mod cars since yesterday! Jul 2, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Can i modify original assetto cars to other engines and release it? Dec 29, 2014

3. The number of pit-boxes at the tracks is what limits the number of ai you can have.

4. So, i'm only using 22-pitboxes-tracks? Isnt there modded versions that allows 30 atleast?

5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It's been talked about numerous times, but we don't know when and if that support arrives.
    I did however do multiclass single races against AI and in recent versions that worked reasonably well.
    The track with the lowest number of pits is the limiting one. Most tracks have 24 pits, but if you select Zandvoort or Magione, then you're limited to 18.
    Silverstone 1967 is the one with 22 pits, iirc.

There are only few tracks with more than 24 pits around, most stick to that number. (Unless a mod is installed as linked above.)
    Monza does have 26 pits, iirc.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

There are expanded grid positions/pit boxes mods for existing tracks, and modded tracks can have as many positions/boxes as there's space for a grid, I suppose. The limiting factor for AI is your CPU first and foremost. The AI in AC uses the same physics as the player so this tends to get pretty CPU intensive. Also why there's only 16-car grids on console.

Here's a Nordschleife mod for 60 grid positions http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/up-to-60-cars-for-nordschleife-endurace-endurance-cup.14779/ and I believe there was one with 100 or more (search on the forum) - if you want to tax your PC and see how many it can manage. My stone-age Phenom II X6 manages 18-24 cars depending on track, reflection settings etc., just.

RobertLidstroem likes this.
  8. Turk

Turk Alien

If you have more than 26 AC AI at 100% they become sentient. If you push the aggression slider to 100% that's the end of the human race.

LeiF, BrandonW77 and Horus like this.
  9. Well, it works for sure, just the points isnt divided by class, neither in race weekend or championship...sadly...Lets hope for a future update!

Thanks for the headsup!

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ah indeed, if you want the points to be calculated, then you have to do that on your own, that's true.

RobertLidstroem likes this.