1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 4 wheels I love but 2 wheel is also fun TT Ilse Of Man

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by svenvangent, Mar 4, 2018.

1. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Just downloading the game ( totaal around 25 GB ) but i still have to wait 2 day's before we can play .
    1 lap of Ilse of man gives you 265 corners or 60 KM long :eek: 3 times Nordschleife ( 72 corners) :eek: and there are also 9 other tracks that come with the game.
    Very curious about the handling of the bikes and sound hopefully of music in my ears :cool:.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Better FFB in ACC for low-medium range wheels? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering wheels & Linux OS Feb 14, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals how can i set up thrustmaster T80 Ferrari 488 wheels on Assetto Corsa? Dec 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheels and pedals Oct 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions WTF, thrustmaster tmx wheels still lose all FFB in races. Mar 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Spawned at pitlane without wheels in MP Nov 30, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions CSL DD compatible with Wheelstand Pro V2 Aug 29, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec Wheels (CSl DD) Aug 21, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Best Wheels to Play Assetto Corsa Competizione Aug 18, 2021
    ACC Physics Car losing drive or spinning wheels, car seems to do burnout, no brake applied Apr 29, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Assetto Corsa Logitech wheels damn good FFB setting 2021 (g27,g25,g29,g920) Apr 26, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Continuous wheelspin in Fanalab Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting British Pack Patch - Front wheels sporadically lose all grip for about 500~1000ms Feb 11, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ugly FFB on wheels (racers, don't ignore this) Sep 30, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Front wheels brake when I turn Aug 11, 2020

3. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

I'll be Interested to hear what this is like. I like the idea of motorbike games but the controller never seems very natural for me so its difficult to get the feel of a bike.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

marcocale and olevet like this.
  4. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Let you know how the feeling will be with the controller .
    Will be fun the first couple of times when I have to break :) it ain't no car :D

Hammerpgh and olevet like this.
  5. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

Last time and only I ever played biking game was Moto GP on psp, I liked it a lot:)

6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

the rider anmation is straight out of the 90s. the sounds seam ok to me. Allan from Team VVV says its not as simulated as Ride2, if that helps. It looks great though, i will probably wait for a sale (i just nought ride2)

Hammerpgh likes this.
  7. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

It's rumoured that it plays a bit like Driveclub Bikes. That was intended as a totally arcade experience and worked well for what it was. The TT game however should never have been aimed at an arcade audience.

The Milestone games, much maligned as they are, do have a sense of balance and control which is difficult to achieve with a gamepad. Using the helmet camera on Ride2 is good. Even GP17 is effective when played onboard; although you can murder the front brake which is very unrealistic.

Ultimately, unlike cars, it is impossible to do a proper motorcycle "simulator". Even the GP factories haven't been able to develop one with their multi million dollar budgets. Developers can however make games that approximate the physics, and also are fun to play. I'd put forward SBK 11 as my favourite in that respect.

I am keeping an open mind until I get to play the TT game, but what I've heard about arcade handling worries me. It should have been a hard-core experience for those people who are into motorcycles and motorcycle racing. It shouldn't be trivialising what is one of the last pure motorsports on Earth.

I honestly can't see the arcade racing "Need For Speed" generation being bothered to learn the circuit, so why aim it at them? Chasing the dollars I guess. It looks like we'll end up with a beautiful laser scanned rendition of the Mountain, but with poor handling bikes.

We shall see. You never know, it might be brilliant.

Never mind this A.C. Competizione, Kunos should do a motorcycle game. Now that, that might even get me to buy a PC. :)

8. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

That and poor sounds would make it a "no buy" for me and, from the videos I've watched, the bikes don't scream at all.

svenvangent likes this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

They already did.

svenvangent likes this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

11. moodyryder

I guess that must be a few years ago. Straight away though you can see physics at work in the braking and, especially, the gear shifting. I've never been a fan of that camera view where the rider is locked to the bike and the horizon tips at massive angles, but I know people who are.

I can't envisage a decent bike game any time soon I'm afraid. Even on PC the field is limited. GP Bikes is an option but in a perrenial state of flux.

My erstwhile rival from league racing days is heavily involved in modding the Milestone games. They have Ride2 and GP17 to a very high standard but, crucially, they can't use the modded version online.

I liked the Netbike film though. I'd love to see a modern version but Kunos have bigger things to do now. It just seems to me that there is a lot of competition in the car sim market, especially on PC. If someone took on a more serious motorcycle game, along the lines of GP500 or GP Bikes, I think they could make a lot of money.

svenvangent, olevet and Hammerpgh like this.
  12. Hammerpgh

So what bike game would you guys recommend right now? One of the MotoGP titles or Ride?

svenvangent and olevet like this.
  13. moodyryder

Personally I prefer Ride2. I think you're on Xbox Sir; whatever you do, DO NOT get Ride1, even if you see it really cheap. It had horrendous frame rate issues and was a prime reason in a lot of people (including myself) quitting xbox1.

Ride2 is fine on Xbox however. You also get the Nordschleife, Ulster GP Dundrod Circuit, Northwest 200 and Macau GP circuit. It's primarily based on road bikes too, but there are a few bikes from BSB included if you want a racer.

There's still a decent bit of Online action on ps4 Ride2, so I don't see much reason why Xbox should be any different.

svenvangent, Hammerpgh and olevet like this.
  14. Hammerpgh

Many thanks for that. I was going to ask about Ride 1 as that's really cheap. Ride 2 is still 50 quid in the Xbox store but I think I've seen it on offer at Amazon so might look into that.

svenvangent likes this.
  15. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

The one that I really liked was/is the one that Ace Pumpkin " Netbike "think this one approaches the best for bicycles but it seems that it never made it to the public .
    One of the moto race games that I've played was SBK08 if I do remember well .
    Cross my fingers it is not to arcade .
    Did you have it already Moodyryder ?

Yups thats the one .

16. moodyryder

Never had sbk08. I walked away from motorcycles, both real and virtual, in 2003. A mate of mine got me into SBK X in 2010 and it resparked my interest. I even went out and bought a bike again because of it.

Those old SBK games were tough. It took a long time to learn how to play them. They've dumbed them down now with Ride and the modern GP games. Don't get me wrong, it takes a lot of skill to be fast, but those old games were on a knife edge. You were always fractions away from a crash, and any crash would effectively end your race. Nowadays all you lose is about 3 or 4 seconds and off you go again.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  17. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Game is not yet out and already 2 updates :D now that's the way to go :D

18. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Just to let you know that 1 lap has around 265 cornetto's or 60 km long , now if this is not enough for a race they do 6 laps :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    So 6 laps is 360 km or 1590 (out of the head ) corners....mama mia

19. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Looks interesting looking forward to other reviews. Love the IOMTT so may just buy it for the track. I ride IRL and have been dissapointed in the feel of most bike games. Often feel too twitchy. Enjoyed TT back in the day, don't know what made it work but it felt fluid and natural. Have got the Ducati game, but not Ride2, which has tempted me.

20. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Hope there is also a kind of Dundrod track in one of the 9 fantasy tracks .

Kembro likes this.
  21. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Fair chance the Ulster GP will be in it. Looks awesome, Fastest circuit in the world! In OZ they used to run bike racing around Bathurst which was one for the crazy.

svenvangent likes this.