1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 4 wheels I love but 2 wheel is also fun TT Ilse Of Man

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by svenvangent, Mar 4, 2018.

1. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Arcade it's definitely not .
    Like I told Hammerpgh when he bought the game is to start with everything on medium just to catch the rope of the game , you will see after 1 or 2 day's ( it all depend on how much practice time you put in it ) you can go easily to low or everything off like I do now , than the fun part starts to kick in and a bit of frustration to :D because falling with the bike will be a part of the game you must accept , but ooooo sooooo rewarding when it go's smooth .

Hammerpgh and Luke7 like this.
  2. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  3. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll definitely pick this up; it's more of a matter of when, not a matter of if.

svenvangent likes this.
  4. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

No doubt pick it up Luke.. you've made the right decision by opting to do it . I'm not a bike guy as such (although have really got back into watching them since I picked the game up ironically) and am also a complete newb to pad use but I love the game to bits and can't get enough of it. Every time I play I am wanting more and more of it. Definitely far from arcade as far as I am concerned and despite the limitations of the game on console in so far as pad adjustability, etc. it's still one of the best games i've had the pleasure of playing over my 8 years as a consolero.

Look forward to hearing your opinions of it and seeing your times on our little leaderboard here.

Luke7 and svenvangent like this.
  5. Hammerpgh

Cheers Moody, i'll try your suggestions as that sounds just like the issue I had whereby I hadn't changed anything but it still seemed very different. I am currently on fork view which is fine but not quite there as I like to have some bike reference in my eyeline.

Good point about the controller too.. I completely forgot that I could do that and swap the buttons around in the console settings area. I'll look at that tonight as I plan on having a bit of time on the bike again before heading off to Bahrain and Long Beach for F1 and Indycar league race preparation.

I fully agree on the experience with this game. Despite my comments about the controller non-adjustability on console I absolutely love the game.

svenvangent likes this.
  6. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Almost ready with sector 8 with out falling of the bike so we can try to put them to getter with the other sectors 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 or one million two hundred thirty four thousand five hundred sixty seven plus 8 is ..... no way I'm gonna do this again .

Hammerpgh and Lewisxbone like this.
  7. Hammerpgh

That's about how many times I've come off since getting the game lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

svenvangent likes this.
  8. Hammerpgh

Took a big plunge today and removed racing line and swapped to manual gears!! Very tough but very satisfying when you get it right. It will be a long time before I set anything close to even the times I've set up to now but the challenge will keep me going.

I'll spend most of my time just practicing my technique on some of the shorter tracks until I get better adjusted to it. I'm a bit all fingers and thumbs in and out of the corners trying to change down, brake, steer, change up, accelerate and get back on my way and keep inadvertently changing up as I get my bike straightened up and find myself in 4th gear and bogging down as I try to pull away lol.

Watch this space for my progress!!

9. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

New patch has arrived for PS4 and pc but I think they have made it more arcade now in my opinion still fun thought .

10. Hammerpgh

Really!! That's not good news I'm my view but I guess I should hold my opinion until our arrived on the Xbox.

svenvangent likes this.
  11. Hammerpgh

Just had a quick glance at the PS4 notes and delighted to see that the controller sensitivity settings have been enabled so i'm assuming I can expect the same on Xbox. Our patch is due at the end of next week.... always last to the party due to MS's stringent checking processes but it'll be worth the wait!!

svenvangent likes this.
  12. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

When I looked in to the settings the sensitivity was set to 70 % I've put it on 65% didn't touched any thing ells .
    Lets hope that the patch for Xbox will come soon .

13. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Sector 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 ,7 and 8 in one shot .
    10 min and 29 seconds at that speed is crazzzyy (my head :confused: ) and saying that there are still 4 to go :eek: but I like it :D
    Do you think you are gonna watch the whole 10 min 29 seconds ?
    If you do it you are crazy but thank you , if you don't you are crazy to but I understand :D

Hammerpgh and Laughing Gravy like this.
  14. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Are you talking some very minor changes here, or something more fundamental? Can you elaborate a bit more?

15. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

I'm not a pad user myself since I play car sims almost exclusively and that was probably one I the reasons why I was initially hesitant about picking this up. However, having seen the footage on YouTube I'm finding it hard to resist, and I'm actually now relishing the challenge of a bike game that tends more towards sim than the milestone ones.

Anyway, I will get back with my impressions and I'll post my lap times if I feel that they're reasonably impressive.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  16. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lewisxbone likes this.
  17. Hammerpgh

I'll be watching all of it just as soon as I am at home after work this evening... or maybe i'll sneak it while at work ;)

svenvangent likes this.
  18. Hammerpgh

That's me too Luke.. I have never been able to use a pad very well as I just find it too fiddly and trying to remember all the combinations frazzles my poor old mind. But I am getting there slowly and am now gradually removing the crutches I started off with. I am hoping the patch released yesterday on PC and PS4 and coming to Xbox next week will provide some further assistance in terms of adjustability because for me that is much needed and will increase my enjoyment of the game even further.

19. Hammerpgh

Sooooo.. come on you PC and PS4 guys how is it post patch? I am waiting with bated breath here....

20. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

I'll give it a go this evening. I haven't been on since Easter Monday. I want to give Hugo's Weekly another go as well. That Ferrari F2004 is good fun.

Hammerpgh likes this.