1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 4 wheels I love but 2 wheel is also fun TT Ilse Of Man

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by svenvangent, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

TW, when it comes to the end of season TT I do the the Superbike race first. After that the Supersport race seems to take place in slow motion.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  2. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Hiya guys, I think I used to chat to one or two of you over on Race Department with the first game. I've not got the second one yet and just found this thread so reading through it but just wonder if you can give me a quick idea of whether it's worth it over the first one. Is it right that it now supports a wheel, any issues with that? I used the pad for the first one and did get used to it up to a point but i've never been too hot with a pad so think I would get more enjoyment with a wheel that I'm used to for my racing with 4 wheels. What do you guys use?

It's currently available on special wth Xbox Gold so if I'm going to get it I'll have to do so soon.

Cheers.

3. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

It doesn't work with my T150 on ps4.

grT uses a wheel on PC with no problem.

She's on race dept. and may be able to help further.

As for the game, it's more accessible than #1. Still brutal, but not as frustrating as the first.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  4. Hammerpgh

Ok thanks buddy. That's a shame, I was hoping it would be ok. I'll go over to RD to check out what's said over there.

5. Hammerpgh

Are any of the other current bike games a good buy? I saw Ride 3 on Xbox Gold deal the other day but dragged my heals and missed out on it so it's now triple the price!! What about MotoGP?

6. moodyryder

Ride 2 is good fun. Ride 3 has it's moments but it's too easy. You can bounce of walls and barriers totally unrealistically.

Moto GP 19 is a decent game. The online will be dying off now though as 20 is out.

20 doesn't have a good reputation on ps4. I haven't bought it but players I know and trust have binned it and gone back to 19.

If you're not bothered about online, the Valentino Rossi game from 2016 is a decent buy. It has a lot more content than the newer games. More tracks , more bike classes (125, 250, 500s as well as moto 1 2 & 3) plus you get VR's motocross ranch track and the Monza Rally in a Fiesta.

It will also be cheap now too.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  7. Hammerpgh

That's good to know mate and ironically I bought the Rossi game when it was just a few quid on Xbox special some time ago but never got to try it out. Thanks for nudging my memory Definitely one for me to try next.

8. Thanks LG!
    Great idea!
    Sadly, I've only just seen this.
    Next season then.:D

9. Hammerpgh

Well I did pick up the game yesterday and had my first brief go with it tonight and am a little underwhelmed at the moment. Majorly disappointed to find no wheel support still so had to go back to the pad and found it almost uncontrollable. I've never been great with the pad but did get to some sort of ability with it in the first game and able to do complete laps without falling off but this one just felt completely off for me and I could barely keep on the bike. The steering just feels very linear.. I couldn't find any smoothness with it at all and it felt a bit like I was controlling the bike with a keyboard and had no accuracy at all. Hopefully it's just a case of need getting used to pad again but if anyone had any tips on best settings to try to generate a another steering input it would be appreciated.

I also found the interface to be poor and unintuitive this time out. Going into the options I found it difficult to know where the selector was and what it was meant to be doing it just seemed to be very messy but very well thought out. Am I alone in thing this?

Anyway, hopefully it will come to me with some decent time on this game but although graphically it looks great I am not best impressed with it so far. I felt the first one was more accessible based on this first attempt.

10. @Hammerpgh
    I've had the game since April.
    Previously, since 1997, I have only played driving games, so, apart from a flurry with GTA, I've never really used a controller.

This evening I did my first flying lap around the full course without crashing.
    A 17:32.
    It has taken quite some practice.

The game is utterly brilliant.
    You are not going to be an expert in one day.
    Or even one month.

I'm afraid you're going to have to put it in, to get it out.
    But, it's worth it.:)

Hammerpgh and Laughing Gravy like this.
  11. Hammerpgh

All fair points @Totall Wrytoff It took me a while to get used to the first game as well and I did expect to need a period of re-acclimatisation with this new one but was a bit taken aback by how much of a struggle it was to just keep on the bike and even keep it in a straight line. The controller seemed very different to the first one. You are clearly a much more proficient pad user than myself, I struggled with it before having never used one but did eventually manage to get some kind of proficiency with it and was racing no assists, manual gears, no racing line,etc but with this one it just feels very off for some reason.

To be honest I think I was more surprised at the interface.. it felt very clunky and unintuitive last night. It reminds me a bit of how AC and ACC feel with their interface clearly designed for the PC user and not having been altered in any great way for the port to console.

I will give it another look tonight to see if I can work out what's what and hopefully start to feel a little more at home with it. Probably go back to what I did with TTIOM1 and take some time around the shorted tracks for a while to try to get my bearings with the controller and interface.

I would appreciate some advice on the controller settings to try to get a smoother steering input.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  12. There's no way I would call myself a proficient pad user!!:D:D
    But thanks anyway @Hammerpgh :)
    Like all these games, you have to get to a point where the controller is second nature, so you can concentrate on riding. This took me about 2 months.

The steering is left thumb/ joystick.

It is very sensitive and just like a bike, you have to get your brake and throttle use correct.
    It took me ages to be able to get round long sweeping curves smoothly. So, again, this is practice.

A key thing overall is to be able to use the brakes and throttle progressively. To start with I found I was either full-on or no throttle/ brakes.
    On the excellent advice of @moodyryder, I have set up my controller as follows:

Throttle - R2
    Brakes - L2 (combined)
    These buttons allow you to modulate nicely. When I started I was using X for throttle. It took time to learn to use R2, but it is so worth it.

Change up - O
    Change down - Square

As a suggestion, use the Creagh airfield to practise. It's fun, satisfying, easy to learn and a great way to get used to the steering, braking distances and cornering.
    I bet after 10-15 laps, you'll be knee down, with pegs sparking, on every corner.:)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  13. Hammerpgh

Thanks for the tips.

Definitely it's the smooth steering that I miss as it feels like a very progressive action for me on the pad. It's currently on my left thumb joystick as you have indicated.

I currently have the throttle and brake set as you suggest and my gear shifts are on the B and Y button on my pad which are diagonally above and below each other rather than beside each other like on your controller.

I'll give the airfield a run tonight and report back.. unless I am too broken to manage it ;)

14. moodyryder

on ps4 the controls are far too sensitive by default.

I have them as follows

Throttle :Sensitivity -2, Dead zone +1, Saturation 100
    Front Brake: Sensitivity -5, Dead zone +5, Sat. 100
    Back Brake: Sensitivity 0, Dead zone +1, Sat. 100
    Steering : Sensitivity -7, Dead zone +1, Sat. 100

Unless braking,I push the left stick forward at all times, to keep the rider on his feet not his backside.

To steer I then rotate the stick around in the top of the circle of the socket.

This helps avoid twitchiness and gives better analogue control.

You'll need to pull back when you brake though or he'll go straight over the bars.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  15. Hammerpgh

I've had another go tonight just concentrating on the track advised by @Total Wrytoff and have started to get a little bit better control but still falling of regularly. My ability to keep smooth and accurate seem to have diminished since playing the original game though. I'm trying the advice to keep the left stick forward and use the circle of the socket to try to keep my steering smoother. I can see the idea behind that so hopefully that will help me with a bit more time with it. I've had to go back to auto gears for now to concentrate on the steering and once (if) that comes i'll go back to manual.

My initial thoughts on the interface are still the same though, very clunky and unitive and no help hints that you get with most games as to what each item does. What's rescale for instance and what is the idea behind invert on the steering? Probably obvious things to someone that uses a pad regularly but to someone like me that users it just to plug the headphones in they mean nothing lol.