1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

458 GT2 Brake Pressure

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Coanda, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I have a problem which I am unable to fully rectify through setup changes and I was wonder if others could also share there experience as this might help me out. These days I am a gpad user so braking on the limit with some of the non ABS cars can be rather tricky and sensitive for me and I can leave allot of time out on the track if I don't get it right. Obviously a part of me would like a brake pressure adjustment however that argument is best left for another day. I also enjoy the challenge of not having such option. What I have noticed with the GT2 cars is when initially driving the default setup i can roughly apply 50% brake pressure until I receive a locked brake. The more I set the car up correctly through things such as brake balance, dampers/weight distribution and alignment I can apply more brake pressure before locking up. This tells me I am heading in the right setup direction. I find the C7R much easier to setup for braking stability and lock ups and when I get the setup right for me I am able to apply 95%-100% brake pressure however for the 458 this is a completely different story. At best I can only apply 75%-80% brake pressure prior to lock up. Now that i have upgraded to a xB1-e controller I have a little more feel with the longer trigger depth however its still tricky to manage. A good test for me is the hard braking into Spa's Les Combes and the final chicane. I also see allot of other drivers locking the 458 brakes so it leads me to the question, can this car ever be setup to apply 100% brake pressure? If so can you please share some wisdom..?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ferrari 458 gt2 wiper issue Dec 4, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Graphic issue with wipers on Ferrari 458 GT2 on VR Dec 3, 2021
    Screens & Videos Ferrari 458 GT2 Interlagos 1.32.692 Apr 26, 2020
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa : Ferarri 458 Gt2 - Nurburgring GP 1.56.544 World Record Feb 7, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa : Epic Come Back - 458 GT2 on Nurburgring GT Jan 23, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa : Intense Battle (Replay) - 458 GT2 vs Z4 GT3 on Nurburgring GT Jan 23, 2018
    Chit Chat Room 458 GT2 pretty in pink Dec 18, 2017
    Console Lounge 458 Italia GT2 feels numb Oct 24, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Shift leds F458 GT2 Mar 8, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Ferrari 458 GT2 AI setup: uses hard tires why? How to change? Mar 4, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Weak Ferrari 458 GT2 brakes Jan 10, 2017
    Screens & Videos FERRARI 458 GT2 @ SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS - how can i get better? Jan 10, 2017
    Sounds modding [AudioLoids] Ferrari 458 GT2 Jan 9, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa BMW M3 GT2 VS Ferrari 458 GT2 Dec 23, 2016
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa 1st Person View Multiplayer Ferrari 458 GT2 at Spa Race side by side Human 100% Aug 26, 2016

3. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Shouldn´t the brakes allways have enough force to block the wheels? That´s how I´d set up my brake. As if I can go to 100% without locking, the car might handle 110% without locking and I am loosing time as I have to brake earlier.

Also important, which tires are you using and for what temperature is your setup?

IIRC I can usually apply full brake at top speed before Les Combes until I slow down. Than, as the downforce reduces, I have to back off, of course.

4. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I do use 100% brake pressure in 458 but only in the initial phase of braking after a very long straight (Les Combes, Bus Stop, Monza T1, etc). If I don't ease it up then the front will lock up or the rear will step out (depending on the setup). I never use full pressure after short straights like the one down to Bruxelles or after Pouhon.
    When I tried driving C7R after being so used to drive 458GT2 my first impression was that the vette had no brakes. I had to apply much higher brake pressure than for 458 during the entire braking to make the damn car to slow down fast enough.

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Mr.Mugel - Thank you. I believe am using the correct tyre. For Spa on a 10 lap race this would be the Soft tyre where I aim for 35 PSI and 5 degrees temperature heat spread from inner to centre. I even tried running allot less front camber to see if this would improve lock ups. It did however only very marginal. I do expect 100% brake force to lock the tyres however I was not expecting this so easily from high speed braking.

@demetri - Thank you also for the feedback. I rate you very highly and you are a very quick driver. I guess I did not fully explain myself in my op. I can also brake for 100% however for only a split second (a very quick squeeze) and then release. I can have some trouble with this brake method on the gpad as sometimes I release too much and miss the apex or other times not enough and lock a brake. It is hard to find the bite point and it can result in me varying brake pressure 2-3 during the brake phase. To be safe I brake at 75% in the initial phase and use the gearbox a little more. I know this is not the best method and I loose time because of it. I am happy that your experiences between the two cars are similar to mine. Maybe my further setup improvement will not aid in this particular area so I guess I just have to work harder at it to improve my braking for this car.

Thanks guys