1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

458 vs 488 looks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Poguinhas, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I never seen any discussion about this on the internet, so I thought I'd bring this up:
    What do you guys think of the looks of the 488 in comparison with the 458?

IMO the 488 is not a bad looking car at all, but when you look at the 458, those winglets on the front, those little vents besides the headlights, that triple exhaust, it all looks perfect. While on the 488, that square front end, those air intakes on the sides, those "aerodynamic" door handles, it all looks like they tried to improve the 458 and it backfired. It's a really good looking car, the 488, but the 458 is pure perfection.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So what's you guys' opinion on this? And if this thread seems a bit rubbish I apologize, it's 5 in the morning.

yusupov and liakjim like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room 458 italia vs 488 gtb Sep 8, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Ferrari 488 gtb (458 replacement) Feb 3, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ferrari 458 gt2 wiper issue Dec 4, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Graphic issue with wipers on Ferrari 458 GT2 on VR Dec 3, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition - Not recognized (XBoX) Oct 2, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster 458 Italia wheel and pedals not recognized Jun 28, 2020
    XBox One Discussions Tmx 458 AC not able to turn all the Xbox One Jun 6, 2020
    Screens & Videos Ferrari 458 GT2 Interlagos 1.32.692 Apr 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia no ffb Dec 7, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 458 italia steering wheel Dec 2, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Periferica Ferrari 458 racing wheel Oct 14, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Ayuda! Sobre giro Thrustmaster ferrari 458 Italia Jun 8, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster non ffb Ferrari 458 italia issue Feb 12, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa : Ferarri 458 Gt2 - Nurburgring GP 1.56.544 World Record Feb 7, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa : Epic Come Back - 458 GT2 on Nurburgring GT Jan 23, 2018

3. Personally I much prefer the 488, though the front intakes are a little sharp, almost a bit Lamborghini. Always hated those eyelid thing on the 458's headlights, otherwise both are decent looking cars.

mister dog likes this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

both nice. i prefer the 458

VenomSRT and eXo like this.
  5. Berry

Berry Alien

I think the 488 is softer on the eyes, but I do like the 458 more, it would look fantastic with the 488's headlights.Another thing is, the 458 looks much more striking in real life, I don't know why, it actually seems lower and wider, even though it isn't, the 488 looks "chunkier".

garyjpaterson likes this.
  6. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

To me you have to consider the styling of the speciale, I think there's a lot of influence
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

7. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

lol what differences apart from aero changes.they are pretty much the same bloody car aka porsche 911

8. Torcano

Torcano Alien

I like the 458's front end and the 488's back end. The back end of the 458 looks somehow try hardy to me with the wavy diffuser and thosse ghastly red reflector thingies, while the 488's front end is just a bit meh and I don't like it's headlight cluster. And I'm not a fan of the spindly stock rims of the 458, they just look generic as hell... not that I like the split forks of the 488 which are not that good looking either but they are not as boring as the 458's IMO. My rims fetish will soon be satisfied though because the new GT3/RS will most probably be coming to AC. :p

But my personl favorite looker of that family line would be the 458 Speciale, especially with these ADV.1 rims because the stock rims are bad again on this one too-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  9. Berry

Berry Alien

I would have thought this comment is made only by non-car people and ignorant Top Gear fans, there's a whole lot of difference :p.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  10. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

It took 3 years for the 458 Italia to grow on me, personally. It sounds great but looks wise it was one of my least favorite for awhile. To me, the 488 looks much smoother, much less aggressive and less sharp. It looks less racy than the 458, which I guess fits since its now got a muted twin turbo V8 instead of the high revving NA. The 458 Speciale looks the best in my opinion. 488 is a nice shape but looks way too plain for my taste.

11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

458 works better for me but I don`t really like modern ferrari designes

12. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

AC : 458 GT2 vs 488 GT3. 458 GT2 looks much more detailed, fresh, like there are hours more work spent on it. I like the 488 GT3(a lot) but in AC it looks almost like a 0.7 mod so to speak...:oops:

Cheers
    Robin

13. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

The 458 is sex on wheels, the 488 is like the desperate ugly sister who can't get laid for love nor money.

14. GTAce

GTAce Hardcore Simmer

I like the 488 more, it looks racier, more filigree, more technical.
    There are a lot more little design elements on the 488, just look at the rear. The Italia was always a bit too clean for my taste, almost too feminine, just like most Porsche. The 488 screams "I'm a sportscar, I want to be driven hard" and doesn't whisper "Please take me to a shopping trip through Monaco". :D

15. Mogonaut

Mogonaut Racer

Took me a few years to grow into the 458. I Prefer the styling of the 488 as it looks like a face lifted version of the 458 Speciale which is a beast.

However if I had to have 2 Ferrari's in my garage, it'd have to be the F40 and the F355.

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Exactly what I was thinking, too. Or the normal 458 with the back of the speciale.
    I think the 458 perfectly combines the smooth lines you expect from a Ferrari with some edges and lines some previous cars lacked without being too aggressive.

Yes, those rims are amazing.

If I had to take 2 cars, then F12, 288GTO and F40 would fight for 2nd place. 250GTO would be set in stone.

17. Never been a fan of the 458's looks, it's awkward to me... Prefer the 488.

18. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

488 for me.
    Not huge changes, but several right details that make the difference.

19. I love the look of both cars, and can't wait for the road version of the 488GTB.

ZachRacer88 likes this.
  20. ZachRacer88

ZachRacer88 Racer

I like the the 488's futuristic rear lights much better. But I like the 458's exhaust better. I'd say both are my pick.

21. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I don't really like either. These cars look a lot better with the GT race car body kits to me. Same thing with the McLaren MP4-12C and 650S btw.

Chazz Ranger likes this.