1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

45th ADAC Zurich 24 hours Race, Nürburgring 2017

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Epistolarius, May 25, 2017.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    nijeat, f1webberfan, Vel and 13 others like this.

2. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

3. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

You know Mercedes-Benz is going to win again.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Looking at the VLN races and the qualifying race it's pretty balanced this year I think.

colombianomd likes this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

TIL that the WTCC and ETCC are also racing on the Nordschleife on N24 weekends. Shows what I know about touring car racing.

7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

If you're interested why one of the Cup cars looks so weird:

Kappeler Motorsport (current VLN Cup2 champion) does this 24h race with a special project. It's called "wir fahren für Kinder" or "race for children", basically some kind of donation game for the german child protection agency (Kinderschutzbund).
    The sponsors will pay 10€ (some even more) per lap driven during the 24h. More info on their german "website" or FB. The team also has I think around 20 kids that won the lottery and be around all day long. They even have suits :)

upload_2017-5-25_18-7-34.jpeg

So if you don't know who you like - keep your fingers crossed they can go the full distance.

AccAkut, Schnipp, LOEVG and 1 other person like this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Qualifying is live.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

11. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

assetto corsa would easily overtake rf2 as the primary endurance sim if it had a 24hr day night cycle, and possibly rain although thats not as important to endurance

12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Lol, chit chat thread about N24 and post #11 we are at AC night and rain. :rolleyes:

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Problem is that the engine is built from the ground up to only allow a single dynamic light source for better performance. Allowing multiple light sources with dynamic shadows etc. requires basically a new engine and then you could really transfer the game to a truly modern game engine, so we won't see that for a while or until "AC2". Problem with more and more features is also the increased work load for the devs. Kunos are owned by a publisher now so hopefully funding is less of an issue, but they're still one of the smallest dev teams in the sim racing genre. And for endurance racing you have to do a lot more than just day/night transitions. Really hoping myself that Kunos is working towards endurance features to compete with other simulators but it'll certainly not happen overnight.

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

blablabla

SP-7 is looking more interesting that I'd like it to have. #68 (Kappeler) just did their first real lap to pos 2. Four cars are within 0.7s now

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I need Manta pics. :D

Edit: live chat on the german stream is going bonkers, sim racing fanboys taking over again. ;)

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I just ignore Youtube chat usually. Sadly it can't be turned off completely when watching a stream.

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Me too, but every once in a while I have a look at it. ;)

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Sparks
    [​IMG]

Schnipp likes this.
  20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Doesn't look like Mercedes dominating to me. Seems like a pretty well mixed field.

[​IMG]

f1webberfan, TERRA21 and Schnipp like this.