1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

488 GTE - need an explanation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rafikens1000, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

Can someone tell me why more than 10% of people voted for 488 gte in ferrari vote this summer?

Thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues 488 gte stuttering and low fps Jul 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room (possibly) ferrari 488 gte revealed? Jan 7, 2016
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SETUP BUNDLE | ALL Tracks | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Jan 11, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals how can i set up thrustmaster T80 Ferrari 488 wheels on Assetto Corsa? Dec 28, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Cota | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 2:04.902 Oct 29, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 488 GT3 2018 skins Aug 24, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering lock at 480 on 488 GT3 EVO but ...... Aug 20, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Donington | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 1:26.430 Aug 13, 2022
    ACC Physics Impossible to drive Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO in Imola May 26, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 488 GT3 pit limiter screen May 10, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 1:33.227 May 7, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Silverstone | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 Challenge - 2:02.522 Mar 29, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 488 Challenge Custom Liveries Mar 29, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC 1.8 | Laguna Seca | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:21.990 Mar 10, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC 1.8 | Kyalami | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:41.605 Jan 19, 2022

3. Because people are st.......

4. xthenewkid

xthenewkid Gamer

Why not? GTE and GT3 are probably the most popular classes in AC

Stepy, mESCx, Epistolarius and 2 others like this.
  5. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I voted for the 512M, but the 488 GTE would have been a good choice as well, to begin fleshing out another class. At least I think that the RSR, the C7R would have liked new opposition.

xthenewkid likes this.
  6. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

NO.

Moreover, if we can choose THE ONLY ONE FERRARI and people choose new gte car, something went wrong in da world. IMHO.

There are at least 5 cars which are more sexy, more spectacular, more special, more desired. But no, let's choose gte car cuz gt3 and gte class are probably the most popular classes in AC.

IT IS A DRIVING SIMULATOR FFS.

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.
  7. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Some say it's a racing simulator.

8. xthenewkid

xthenewkid Gamer

If those 5 cars would be more desired they would have gotten more votes.

mESCx likes this.
  9. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

I see your point, but u cannot say that 488 gte is the third most desired ferrari. I mean ur answer is logical etc but there is no logic in this concluding sentence

10. Because it was an option

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

11. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

10%.

12. Probably most of the 10% didn't even know there's a 488gt3 already or don't even care

13. hazardic

hazardic Alien

how do we know why did they vote? personally i'd love to see it here since i don't use gt3 much, but still - isn't 488gte is a beauty?

14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Or they did know that GTE and GT3 have nothing to do with each other.

Suggestion for new thread:
    "Can someone tell me why people are still moaning about the vote this summer?

Thanks."

Why was this thread created? Why is it still open? Why are people still not over the fact that when there's a vote, each one can vote for whatever they want?
    There are questions that even modern science still can't answer, I guess...

15. It's the same man, I don't care about gt3 or GTe, personally, OK, one has more aids than the other

16. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

This thread was created, cuz this is a chit chat room. I am over the fact that when there's vote, each one can vote for whatever they want. That is why I am asking after few weeks about that (yes, I saw the results just after the news from Kunos) and I'm willing to understand people here. And I am not moaning, just asking.

edit. TBH, I can understand why people voted for f1 2017 (even it was a little bit shock for me anyway) but seeing 488 GTE as a third choice here is or was a trully big shock for me.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  17. The fact is that there's no answer for that, people voted for it, makes it any sense? No. It would make sense on iracing

rafikens1000 likes this.
  18. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Well, I'll explain the reasons why I'd like to see the 488 GTE in the sim, even though I voted for the F1 car:

1. We do have the 458 GTE, but it's and old spec on old GTE rules, and it's off pace in comparison to the Porsche;
    2. We do have the 488 GT3, but GT3 and GTE as I already said have nothing to do with each other. While GTE is a hardcore professional series, GT3 is mostly a series where people with time and money run for fun (I know GT3 actually is professional, but nowhere near the level of GTE*. Just look at how drivers like Fisichella almost run seconds a lap faster than everybody else on Blancpain).
    3. I would like to see more GTE cars in general on AC, especially the 488 and the Ford.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Stepy, xthenewkid and hazardic like this.
  19. Want* not need

20. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

you are right, but I cant change it now. "need" looks like a such dirty click-bait.

thanks for your input. interesting

21. hazardic

hazardic Alien

yeah, but 1. and 2. are obvious:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.