1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

919 LMP1 Electronics Explained (official)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Coanda, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

official word from Aris:-

"The Low setting uses less battery, especially on higher speeds/gears
    The High setting uses more battery in higher speeds/gears

The Preserve from Aggressive setting, changes how torque is transferred to the front wheels, depending on their slip and thus using more or less battery and heating/wearing more or less the front tyres. Obviously the aggressive setting will give faster lap times but put the front tyres in more stress as well as consume more battery/energy per lap.

Keep in mind that LMP1 drivers use as low a setting as possible and manually boost the ERS with the button in order to overtake slower cars or defend their position"

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Porsche 919 LMP1 Simulator at Weissach Jul 4, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Porsche 919 2016 missing Apr 27, 2019
    Sounds modding Porsche 919 hybrid sound mod Feb 10, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 - Hybrid Bug Jun 29, 2017
    Screens & Videos Porsche 919 in Virtual Reality Jun 22, 2017
    Console Lounge Is there any guide for the hybrid cars (919, SF15T, 918, P1...)? Jun 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Big fender in cockpit view of 919 May 27, 2017
    Bug reports Porsche 919 rear view wheels problem Jan 11, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues 919 ERS depleting while standing Jan 7, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Porsche 919 "shift" lights in-cockpit Jan 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Please Kunos, a 919 template. Dec 27, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues We need 919 Hibrid Skin (pack3) .psd Dec 22, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues 919 hybrid electric sound Dec 22, 2016
    General modding discussion Missing 919 Template Dec 22, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues missing additional shiftinglights Porsche 919 hybrid 2016 Dec 21, 2016

3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Only thing I don't get. Shouldn't the little whine from the engine only come when ERS is deployed?

4. magzire

magzire Alien

Does the boost (blue bar) recharge at the same rate if it was at Low Preserve or High Aggressive?

5. Alexander Zim

Alexander Zim Rookie

Could you explain about the "heave dumpers"?

6. The heave dampers are the dampers on the heave spring (also commonly called 3rd spring/element)...you should only adjust them to dampen vertical movement as they don't have any movement in roll.

7. Alexander Zim

Alexander Zim Rookie

Are they used to resist downforce damping? Or something else?

8. baboon

baboon Alien

afaik they are used to minimize vertical chassis movement which helps the aero generate consistant levels of downforce through a corner, which also helps the drivers and tires to be more consistent. Pitch and roll sensitivity is big thing for those cars.

I wonder if this car is in low-drag (lemans) configuration. iirc Porsche had 2 or 3 different aero packs through the WEC season. And then there was something going on with flexible bodyparts and a hydraulic interconnected suspension system called "Hub-Wank Fahrwerk". It's confusing for me because I read so much about these cars every season and the complexcicity of these machines is overwhelming for me.

I also watched the last WEC race (byebye Audi) and it is crazy what the drivers have to do nowadays in this class. They constantly talking to their race engineers who are instructing them what settings to adjust on their wheels, much much more so than in F1.

Seria17hri11er and Cote Dazur like this.
  9. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

What exactly are the green and yellow bars for?

10. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

the green is how much battery is left. I think blue is how much boost is currently being applied and yellow I don't know. Anyone?

CKraegel likes this.
  11. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Because especially the yellow one is which really kicks in. But it hardly lasts one hotlap.

12. You are limited as to how much energy you can use per lap, i think its 8MJ for LMP1. That is the yellow bar, and it resets every lap.

If you are running it out before a lap, then use a lower usage profile, and boost manually as necessary.

Seria17hri11er, baboon and CKraegel like this.
  13. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Thanks for the answers. Will give it a try asap :)

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Did a little race with a friend in these at Spa and loved it, I found using very low setting and manual kers to be best. So much strategy in it at Spa it makes for some great racing and id almost say the most fun car to race in AC possibly. Saving up kers in sections to get a run later, forcing the other to defend and use up more of their kers early in the lap to then give you a nice boost in the last sector for example was so much fun. I dont know about the other LMP1 cars coming from Audi and possibly Toyota but hope that we get some from the same year to have some fun racing. A WEC league with LMP1 and GT3 or GT2/e would be pretty cool I think, I think the racing is quite a bit better then in f1 in these cars and I only did 1 10 min qualy and a 12 lap race with 1 others at Spa in it so far.

NZ-Banana, Seria17hri11er and baboon like this.
  15. DrQ

DrQ Rookie

You're talking about 2016 919. It's 2015-spec so it don't have different aero packs AFAIK.

16. Depends of the car; can choose 2-8MJ.

All 3 years of the 919 have had multiple aero packages....for some reason, Kunos decided to do the Le Mans version (which has even less downforce than it did IRL -offset by tires that are too grippy at high speeds- and makes it useless on most tracks).

Seria17hri11er and baboon like this.
  17. herki

herki Rookie

Is there any way to lift the 8(?) MJ limit, at least for practice purposes? I think it would be plenty of fun to have no limit on hybrid power on longer tracks, but on the Nordschleife I run over the budget before I get a chance to have real fun with it.

18. No

19. baboon

baboon Alien

Yes, I probably have it all mixed up. Need to reread some of my old magazines :)

20. 919 is bonkers. It's like driving a space ship. This is coming from a guy who plays Elite: Dangerous. For what it's worth. :D

21. bhtooefr

bhtooefr Rookie

Worth noting that in the real world, at any track that isn't Le Mans, the allowable energy for a 2015 919 to deploy per lap is 8 * (length of circuit in km / 13.629) * 1.55. (At Le Mans, it's 8 MJ.) So, at the Nordschleife, in the real world, you'd be allowed to deploy 18.93 MJ/lap. (If it's the combined circuit, it becomes 23.61 MJ/lap.)

Also, is the 919's ERS-H modeled in this? Because I'm noticing that the battery doesn't get charged, and ERS-H power would either go into the battery or to the wheels (and if it were to the wheels, it'd actually take away from the per-lap energy allocation, in LMP1).

Seria17hri11er and baboon like this.