1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A couple questions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Parminio, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

1. Why can't I save an entire race replay? All I see the option for is the fastest lap at the exit screen.

2. Why are people allowed to cut the track and not get penalized on MR servers?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions A couple questions, AC Comp, UE4, etc. Feb 21, 2018
    Chit Chat Room I have a simple couple of questions regarding multiplayer rules. Jul 7, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds New pc couple of questions Apr 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room A couple of questions Jul 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Hello, and a couple of questions. Nov 12, 2013
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Nvidia 465.89 on 30xx series - and couple of minor VR performance notes Apr 8, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal Error [Couple minutes into race] (FIXED) Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Physics Help understanding a couple of things in the dampers histogram Jan 26, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions A couple or errors that are spoiling my experience Dec 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting A couple of things I noticed Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Couple of bugs I've noticed Jan 6, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Pit exit locked last couple of minute off the session? Aug 3, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI aggression needs to be coupled with some common sense Dec 18, 2018
    ACC User Interface ACC0.2 - a couple of replay suggestions - laps and slomo Oct 14, 2018

3. Nmoleiro

Nmoleiro Gamer

You can adjust the lenght and the quality of the replay in the options, after you leave a race/session you have the option to save that replay. Maybe there is another option like extented results view that has to be on or off, cant remember now...

Minorating only "looks at" car to car crashes.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  4. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

OK. Thanks.

That explains it then. I just went from 17th to finish 5th in an MR ABC race at Monza, and the guy behind me hit me several times. I'd pull away from him for most of the lap, but then towards the end at the chicane before the back straight headed to Parabolica he cut it every single time so he could get right on my butt.

So staying on the track isn't required. At least that explains some of these peoples lap times.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I have never tried to cut at the chicane on monza in a race but if its just the same penalty time you get on spa/eau rouge you must be faster by cutting?

If it was DTM cars you drove its a ABCN server even if the name says ABC.

6. Nmoleiro

Nmoleiro Gamer

I havent raced myself on monza, but having read here sometimes it seems like it is faster the cheater way. Just ignore those muppets... They suck at racing and they know that, they are just helpless... ;-)

7. TDS

TDS Alien

this is not MR related... its server setup/settings and kunos penalties related.

Server penaties can be setup from off to 4 tires out before a penalty occur.

8. Horus

Horus Alien

All penalties should be turned off. If idiots want to cut then let them, real racers will still race.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont like them turned off, if I go off the track it is by accident but then I want to get penalized for it too. Makes it more interesting to keep focus when infront/behind cars aswell.

Typer likes this.
  10. I agree with Horus. I would rather see idiots cutting here, there and everywhere than see one real racer get penalised for a mistake (or even worse.....taking evasive action to avoid a collision).

Hagen and Horus like this.
  11. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

If I leave the track, I deserve what happens to me penalty wise. I mean, this was blatant and it gave him a HUGE run on me. I had to do an over under on him at Parabolica to hang on to 5th place.

12. Horus

Horus Alien

There are no real leagues (in open servers) so what's it matter. Penalties are useless unless viewed by a REAL HUMAN! Does it matter about cheats, wreckers, love bunnies? NO!

6S.Manu likes this.
  13. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Cheating and wrecking is an alien concept to me. If you're going to cheat and wreck people, why bother? You'd might as well just end it all and go out and play in traffic.

Ace Pumpkin, BigFW and Horus like this.
  14. AvGas

AvGas Gamer

It's really just another reason/excuse to work on your own racecraft. How wide can you make your car? If Joe Blow is going to cheat every lap, at the same place, it's easy to Verstappen him on the straight into parabolica. There are no real FIA officials watching this stuff (afaik). I always always always do my best to drive as if I'm in a real car, I'm still using a gamepad and as such I cannot always brake as late as I want to, which means generally I am braking earlier, which means I generally get overtaken more. I get off on no contact, and working out how to get that position back.

15. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

1. You can, but you need to leave the server in time.
    If you leave after the server switched to the next session, you will get a replay of that session.
    There is a way to save all replays you produced between going online and leaving, it is hidden somewhere in the AC files.

2. Ask the admin of that server why he did not enable penalties.
    Some MR servers have them on, many dont, as it is useless once everybody in the room is serious anyway. As Christopher said, it isn't nice if you get penalized for avoiding accidents by going off track. Fair drivers will give the gained position/time back, when the situation allows. Penalties that require you to go slow on track or even worse come to a stop, lead to even more dangerous situations. IMO.

Horus likes this.
  16. Horus

Horus Alien

The whole idea of having AI penalty system set in an MR A-B makes me shake like Elvis, but for ABCDNW servers I can see a possibility that they may aid in a fairer race. To be honest I see no need for it at all, this is a sim after all and you should drive understanding the rules of racing. Maybe a message telling you that you have exceeded the track limits would help more than a penalty, a full screen image flashing YOU CHEATING TOSSER! might change your mind from doing the same thing the next time around. :)

P.S. 'There is a way to save all replays you produced between going online and leaving, it is hidden somewhere in the AC files.' ? I have not seen this in an ini file. Would be good to know where it is.

17. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

AvGas likes this.
  18. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

As in real life penalties are important to avoid anarchy.
    People should not do whatever in order to win. Win by the rules or get penalized.
    If you go off track because someone hits you, there is no penalty in AC.
    Rules were introduced in every sport otherwise it would be a circus.
    I sometimes go off track at the first chicane at Monza when the driver on the inside goes too deep and the penalty is well deserved, otherwise it would be an unfair advantage.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Parminio and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I didnt know that you dont get penalized if you get pushed off track, thats good to know.

20. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Well, here's a short clip I was able to get (I had wanted to replay the whole race as he did this every single lap, but it only gave me one lap) showing him cutting the chicane. Again, he did this EVERY SINGLE LAP.

I'm in the BMW of course.

21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien