1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A gran turismo styled licence system.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Konstrukt_Gaming, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Have you ever needed to train a little more on certain corners of tracks or sections of track?

Would it be desirable for people to have this option and game mode; I would for one love this feature!

What does the community think?

The Incredible Dieter likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Beginner from Gran Turismo 7 Aug 18, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Gran Turismo Sport, the most realistic video game Oct 10, 2019
    Chit Chat Room For A 5 Year-Old, This Kid Is Pretty Good At Gran Turismo Jan 8, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Pikes Peaks is now a Gran Turismo exclusive Feb 1, 2017
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #14 - Gran Turismo Alleggerita Jan 8, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Track/external cameras & Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 audio issues Oct 29, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room REVS| Club Race | Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 | Brands Hatch GP | 28th September 2016 Sep 22, 2016
    Sounds modding Gran Turismo Mclaren F1 GTR Sound mod O: Jul 5, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Gran Turismo Sport May 19, 2016
    Screens & Videos Gran turismo 4 EU/US/JP intro (kind of) remake [fixed thread] Feb 8, 2016
    Screens & Videos Gran Turismo 2 US intro (kind-of) remake Feb 2, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Playseat gran turismo , should i buy it ? Dec 18, 2015
    Suggestions More "gran turismo" feeling Mar 19, 2015
    Liveries Ferrari 458 gt2 "gran turismo" Mar 17, 2015
    Liveries Nissan gt-r gt3 "gran turismo" Mar 17, 2015

3. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

It can make learning certain things a little more interesting and streamlined.

4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

YES, i cannot express how awesome this would be. i cannot put into words how useful it was back when i did nords for the first time in gt4

The Incredible Dieter likes this.
  5. I know there is ways on doing career modes on AC but with this system I think there will have to be an option to do the license system (this sounds alot like what iRacing does with the Safety System).

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Please, don't. I hated the licensing system in GT1, and consider such elements to be silly as nothing else.

A season editor, allowing people to set up their own desirable season systems with tracks, track order, race length and quali length, number of mandatory pitstops, points for ranks, and cars to their very own choice and liking. That is what deserves to be called a "career", and Kunos would not have any need to design details of a season, while players could try to mimic as close or as lose real series as they want. Anything else, from GT model to AC's current "career", is just lame excuses over the lack of any real career/season.

For online players, a thorough penalty/disqualification system imo works much better than a licensing system. People can qualify in skill tests - and still mess up races intentionally or due to lacking skill. Let them learn to be realistic in their self-assessment by letting them feel the bad consequences of their failure.

Probably will not easily come in AC, but a licensing system will not protect against trolling newbies and hotshots overestimating themselves either. And intentional wreckers cannot be caught by licensing systems, too.

Enforcer-J and Brownninja97 like this.
  7. Drivng school, ok. Licence system that is necessary to pass to drive certain races/modes/cars/career etc... big nope!

Protoduct likes this.
  8. I do not want a system like iRacing but a system that helps you hone your skills within the game.
    I see every so often people who would over-correct sending them out of control crashing and/or taking out other play cars and I though a solution like a licence system or a skill system would be a good call to help people.

9. Horus

Horus Alien

Want to learn jump on offline mode and learn. Need to learn more then watch videos, get in career mode with less powerful cars and learn the track. Build up to GT or open wheelers, it still surprises me how many people jump into GT/openwheel/Hyper Cars and then wonder why they are bouncing off the walls, spinning at the start of races, flatspotting tyres, ramming at T1, weaving around and in general ballsing up a perfectly good race. Learn to drive in the game first. It's not settings, or controllers or bigger screens or the wrong FOV or an under powered PC, it usually is a poor driver that has taken absolutely zero hours of learning how AC/any other racing game wants you to do things.

Yes coming from years of practice on other racing games help, but even the best need to see what they can and cannot get away with. i.e. in Race07 you could drop gears to pull the frontend around, you could really hammer the gearbox and use it as an traction control system at tight corners. No need for the system that was employed in GTR/2 or Gran Turismo, just pick a reasonable car for a reasonable track and learn the craft. This has been said before, and I am sure this will not be the last time we see threads like this. Yes those systems are great, but let's face it, we would rather Kunos pull there thumbs out and make AC better all round, than build something into the game most keyboard warriors/arcaders will not give a second glance to. 'Learn to race! Not me, I just take two+ out at T1 and tail waggle to the next corner'.

10. That is true but as said it was an idea, I would have thought it was a good idea to have system hell even a 'MODE' in the game and you can set the length sections of a track you have a fault with when driving. Also for example you come from a controller to having your first wheel and you are new to the setup and you need a training mode that has analysis features to help you even more so.

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I would like to see a game-internal ban from MP so that new customers of the game cannot access online races as long as they have not accumulated let's say 100 hours offline first, with all of the tracks and at least let's say half of all cars having been used for an individual minimum of hours. And any car and track cannot be selected for MP before car and track - not necessarily in combination, but in total - have not build several hours of offline play in the player's log.

12. 100 hours seems a way bit steep for a MP ban, realistically around 35 > 50 hours max with a minimum miles driven (maybe), but this is where the license/skill system comes into play on way or another.
    Tying this 100 hours minimum with a skill system will push the boundaries for racing online, meaning more competition and a better racing quality between all drivers

13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

My rejection of a licensing system in the main bases on my bad remembrance for the GT system which used licenses to lock content even in SP - I hated it. I never liked games locking content that needs to be unlocked - and I'm playing games since the late 80s, so i really have seen some.

Not playing MP much anyway, any licensing that does not aim beyond that is not so much my concern anyway. I'm just getting angry when realising some newbie downloaded a new track or car and the first thing he does is not testing and learning it first in SP, but immediately going MP, with the forseeable consequences for all others.

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

lol

I would be extremely pissed to buy into a sim, not being able to go online unless 100hours under the belt. The game can not tell the experiencelevel of a new user. That is why you haven't seen such feature or will see it in any sim, ever.

gcflora likes this.

15. But with this basis within the scope it would be an idea although it will not be implemented really opens the doors to ideas like a skill system helping newbies find there lines and helping them to become better racers.

Ideas can come from bad experiences and such to make a better game all round.

16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is true.. Maybe we need something that monitors online behaviours and let server admins setup the requirements..

Wait.

17. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

well my little nooblet, maybe you should try a server with minorating, i hear that it was made by a person of this very forum, madness. :p

18. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Think that is possible??

19. nonnex

nonnex Alien

A Driving/Engineering school that transport the basics would be cool.
    For Multiplayer there is MinoRating.

20. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

lol singleplayer minorating, all ai get demoted big time.

21. nonnex

nonnex Alien

yeah, why not :) I only hope there is no Ai driver named "Nonnex" then hrhr