1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A look at ACC in VR on a mid range PC

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by capt nasties, Jan 18, 2019.

1. capt nasties

capt nasties Racer

Does anyone else have worse performance in the current 0.65 release? It records much worse, so bad I elected not to post a follow up video. It runs much better in the headset than recording, but still worse than 0.51.
    Issues present in 0.65 that were not in 0.51 are
    significant ASW tearing on side mirrors, and edges of cars
    larger dips in frame rate in taxing situations, such as sun set

Here are my settings in game no .ini changes, same as 0.51 release that ran better for me
    Pixel Density 130%
    AA Temporal High
    View distance med
    Sharpness 100
    everything else low

2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

GPU might be mid range, CPU I think not. 85% of Steam users have 4 CPU cores or less (six cores 12.29%, eight cores 2.25%). ACC not running smoothly doesn't yet make 8700K midrange, even for VR

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. Pheebau

Pheebau Gamer

@capt nasties Tearing on the mirrors and edges of the cars is a known issue with temporal AA

You can try and mitigate this in 2 ways:

- Set temporal AA to Epic (in my case, it gets rid of the tearing on side mirrors completely - I have verified it)

if it doesn't work or too taxing then add this to the [ConsoleVariables] section of ACC engine.ini and keep the high setting for Temporal AA first

r.TemporalACCatmullRom=1
    r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
    r.TemporalAASamples=4
    r.TemporalAADynamicSharpen=0.1

If you still see it, then add r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2 as part of the above.

Regarding sunset taxing situations, set the following in the same section as above:

r.LensFlareQuality=0

For your hardware, you need to have some of the optimizations recommended in engine.ini such as:

r.TemporalAASharpen=3 (you can try 2 or 1 for less sharpening and flickering if you see some)
    r.SeparateTranslucency=0
    r.HZBOcclusion=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
    r.SSR.Quality=1
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.SceneColorFormat=2 (or 3 depending on your taste and performance)
    r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
    r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=48 (default is 64, you can also go down to 4 which frees some GPU resources)
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.FastBlurThreshold=0
    r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
    r.RHICmdBypass=0
    r.BloomQuality=0
    r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0
    r.DetailMode=1
    r.RefractionQuality=2
    r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
    sg.ShadowQuality=1 (you can also try 2 if you have performance room with your GPU)

It has also been recommended by some dev to reinstall ACC - I did it personally after installing 0.6.5 - make sure to save config files (INI and JSON ones if you have edited them or have mapped in-game actions to your wheel)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    mikendrix, Coanda and capt nasties like this.
  4. capt nasties

capt nasties Racer

i agree, but I dont have an i8700k, just an i8700. Cannot be overclocked and at 4.3 GHZ on all cores its no match for an i8700K or a CPU with less cores but higher clock speed.

ACC is definitely GPU bound in my experience so CPU is less of a concern than AC as well. I actually think this is a good characteristic as we seem to have hit a plateau with direct X 11 and CPU usage.

5. capt nasties

capt nasties Racer

@Pheebau I did reinstall, but elected to run the standard ini files just for the sake of making a video. Its too bad the recording does not capture the "synthetic" frames from ASW, its literally twice as smooth in the headset....

Pheebau likes this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Have you compared clock speed differences? You make it sound like you have...

I did and there's no difference between 4.2 and 4.5 GHz. The RAM speed makes the difference.

sherpa25 likes this.
  7. capt nasties

capt nasties Racer

How could I compare clock speed differences with a locked CPU?

RAM speed is 2600 on my pc.

8. capt nasties

capt nasties Racer

ASW 2.0 is here and its a game changer check it out! update to my previous video

mikendrix and Pheebau like this.
  9. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I OCed my CPU to 4,4Ghz but I had some random BSOD.
    So I set it to 4,2Ghz, I didn't see any dump in performance either.

I currently have 8Go with 1866Mhz
    I can buy 8Go 2400Mhz for 60€
    Does it worth it ?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  10. Shedix 2

Shedix 2 Rookie

Can anyone with the same or similar spec as mine share his .ini, in-game and oculus settings?
    I don't know if it's considered mid-range PC or more like mid to high, but here are the facts:

- Ryzen 5 2600 with extra cpu cooler (not OCed yet)
    - Palit RTX 2070
    - 16gb Ram 3000mhz

Looking for 90fps races ofc, but seems like it's not possible with higher grids .so 45dps with AsW seems like the only option. Most sharp image as lossposs ofc to read those sneaky text lines in vr

11. capt nasties

capt nasties Racer

AA EPIC. Temporal
    Turn everything else down
    You should.be able to run at least 130 pixel density.

12. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

DDR3-1333/1600, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.5V is the stock speeds for your CPU IMC, anything over 1600 is memory o/c

In your Bios add a 125% bootstrap then set the CPU multiplier to 36 ish then boot.

If it's running stable try increasing the CPU multiplier by one. (leave the bootstrap @125%)

When overclocking CPU Memory speeds, you're going to put a strain on the IMC.
    That's why I said 125% bootstrap on your stock memory speeds.

Sidenote, 8gigs if it`s one stick IMO you should buy another 8gig stick to enable dual channel memory bandwidth Vs Single channel.

(IMC=Internal memory controller)

Anyhoo it`s late, I'm tired and all out of coffeeeeeeeeee, so you're getting the ramblings of an Old Man.

Best of Luck on the Memory strap. (and don't waste your money on the 2400mhz Kit)

mikendrix likes this.
  13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Shot from the hip: it's likely worth it. Make sure it's 2*4 GB.

To verify if it's working, run the ACC CPU benchmark with both configurations.

KillZoneGB and mikendrix like this.
  14. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Thanks for your answers.
    I'll try the Old Man advices first :)

LeDude83 and KillZoneGB like this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Haha ok :p Good luck and report back.

KillZoneGB likes this.
  16. Dooma

Dooma Rookie

Sorry for necroposting. Can someone tell what is the current situation with VR performance in ACC ? I'm going to buy Samsung Odyssey + and I have 8700k +1080ti on my PC. Was there any optimization ? Can I expect 90 FPS ?

17. twinrix

twinrix Rookie

Performance wise it is running well for me with high to mid settings on an i7 6700k and RTX2060. However whatever i do i cant fix the blurry graphics. Everything is sharp and crispy only at very low distance.

18. Frazz1er

Frazz1er Rookie

One thing I would like them to change is shadows. I'd like the option to turn off all shadows except car shadows, like Raceroom does with it's contact shadows for cars.

19. Ducati

Ducati Rookie

I thought it was my eyes only, track looks blurry to me too from 30 meters in front of the car and beyond.

20. twinrix

twinrix Rookie

Well i'm an old fart at 44 but im sure it's not my eyes :)