1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A new fwd focused Japanese dlc car pack?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Limitzbashing, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Limitzbashing

Limitzbashing Rookie

I think many people would like the thought and would like to have a Japanese fwd car pack in the game. It would create another experience due to the amount of rwd focused cars. Older generation hondas, maybe a Toyota starlet, Nissan micra's. All sorts of fun little cars that the game would benefit so much and would add to it's fun factor. I really hope one day this will happen! And I hope many other users agree so we can all have some fun little cars to drive :).

vilivili likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres FWD - on power oversteer? Nov 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Oversteering in FWD touring cars Jun 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Kunos a modern FWD touring car maybe? May 30, 2017
    Chit Chat Room New FWD Nordschleife laptime record by 2017 Civic Type R Apr 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Tips for driving FWD cars Jan 31, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Need more tire grip for FWD car May 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Fwd hooning... how?! Jan 19, 2016
    Suggestions FWD or RWD info in Car Spec ?? Jan 23, 2014
    Chit Chat Room When will we get 4WD & FWD Cars Dec 24, 2013
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room CSRL - ACC GT3 League focused on clean fun racing Sep 24, 2022
    ACC General Discussions The importance of being well rested and focused Sep 28, 2018

3. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Not for me :(

I get to drive a 'fun little fwd car' every day in real life - I don't want to pretend to drive one in AC as well :confused:

(I would like more fun little RWD cars though, like the fantastic Honda S800 :))

4. vilivili

vilivili Racer

Civic, integra.. but also European fwd's like golf gti, focus rs.. I would like those!

miika2, marcinmarcin79 and LeDude83 like this.
  5. Berry

Berry Alien

While I do agree that more FWD hot-hatches would be nice to have in the game, I don't suspect there's many people that lust after Nissan Micra's and old Starlets :p.The best we can hope for is the new batch of FWD/AWD hot-hatches that are on the market, which are still pretty cool.

Seria17hri11er and vilivili like this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm all for hot FWD hatches, too. Civic is ok, Micra and Starlet though is too far off...cars with popular sports versions is what I'd like to see:

- Civic (also the new one)
    - Celica
    - Golf GTI (Clubsport)
    - Renault 20x GTI
    - Renault Mégane RS
    - Ford Focus

But I don't expect any of that, soon.

7. vilivili

vilivili Racer

And Celica gt-four <3

8. Limitzbashing

Limitzbashing Rookie

Maybe not a micra (lol) was just an example of a little fun fwd cars as it would be like a go kart but defiantly would like to see 90's based true mechanical and light hatches like:

-Honda ek9 civic
    -Honda dc2 integra and maybe dc5
    -Proton satira gti
    -Mitsubishi Eclipse
    -Toyota starlet glanza v (it would be beast honestly)

And couple more cars.

But if they made a hot hatch pack from all countries:

-Renault Clio Williams
    -ford focus rs mk1
    -golf gti mk2/3
    -Vauxhall Astra gsi
    And a couple of Japanese ones.

But tbh I doubt they would unfortunately, even tho it would open a few fun track days lobby's with them and some touge sessions. And the amount of people that defiantly would purchase the pack on PC and consoles it would be worth it for them.

Dessu and vilivili like this.
  9. Its about creating a balance, Kunos are trying to have a bit of everything because lets face it, no one likes the same things.

Personally, the ONLY car you listed that interested me was the Micra (lol), the rest just have no appeal to me. The European ones would be more of a thumbs up for me, but that's the point, our opinions are different.

Seria17hri11er, arthur666 and Berry like this.
  10. Limitzbashing

Limitzbashing Rookie

Yeah I agree the micra would be a cracking little go kart but would prefer the starlet over it as it's basically the same car but with a 1.3 turbo heart,

Yeah we all have our opinions it's up to them at the end of the day, just wanted to bring it to they're attention that some of us would love to see some fwd cars in the game.

They've mixed rwd choices up which is nice, and they've done a wonderful job with the rwd layout selection. But it seems like it's the only layout that they've concentrated on as there's, barley any awd and only 1 fwd. And the fwd layout is probably the most common layout if you go to the Nurburgring or any track days.

11. I think most 'driving enthusiasts' would go for RWD, most racecars are RWD, and given that that's the type of car usually in racing games then it makes sense that it makes up the majority of what we have in AC.

I'd like to see more mainstream FWD cars, ones that are known to actually be legitimately good cars, instead of the Mito/Giulietta, which lets face it aren't nearly as popular IRL. I guess they were part of the license for the more interesting Alfa's we have available, which would justify it in my mind.

Seria17hri11er and Limitzbashing like this.
  12. Berry

Berry Alien

Modern FWD hot hatches are incredibly capable on and off-track, it would be a shame not to have some good examples in-game (Golf Clubsport S, Fiesta ST200, Megane 275, Peugeot 208 GTI/308 GTI and on and on).The Abarth 500 for example is a joy to drive.

arthur666 and vilivili like this.
  13. Jebus

Jebus Alien

If it would be a fwd focused the whole world pack, and preferably most of them would be race cars, then why not.

14. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

The most Epic Fwd car in any Simulation is the XF GTR :rolleyes:

Uuups, wrong Forum......
    :D

15. Clio cup in rf2 is pretty good. The TV cup 2016 is coming this year so that will be a nice fwd car to race. I love the abarth 500AC but is too narrow in all axis, though is fun as hell

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Xenix likes this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

vilivili likes this.
  17. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

No one chooses a FWD car we just have to accept them.

In games we can choose. Let's not choose wrong.

18. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I understand, but many of us drive FWD cars IRL, and it's nice to have similar vehicles in AC. I actually enjoy driving modern FWD cars, especially with torque vectoring. Like @Berry said, they are capable and can be quite fun to drive.

I do think that a FWD "Pack" would miss the mark, marketwise. Better to mix them in with others.

Since we're mentioning wishes, new Focus RS is an otherworldly beast. Would love to try one in AC. (ok, not FWD, but a hot-hatch at least).
    :)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  19. Berry

Berry Alien

Good edgy joke.FWD cars are very good these days, and very engaging, I'd take a hothatch over a cheap sportscar any day (MX5 or GT86).

20. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

Most BTCC cars are FWD apart from the BMW'S which have lost out to the FWD cars for years so go figure. There is also no right or wrong, or one better that the other, only in the eyes of those who haven't driven them both in anger. Both setups are very different and require different skills and techniques but equally as fun and as rewarding. At the end of the day, it comes down to driver skill.

My two track cars are a Lotus Elise S1 and a Honda Integra Type R so I'm used to both and they are equally as enjoyable and rewarding. I also drive a Subaru Impreza WRX as my daily which is amazing. So I would really welcome a good section of FWD cars. My choices would include,

Honda Integra Type R DC2 (Best FWD car for many years)
    Ford Focus RS
    Renault Clio 172/182 Cup/Trophy
    Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9
    VW Golf GTI Mk1
    Honda Civic Type R 2016
    Renault Megane RS Trophy 275 or R26R
    BMW Mini Cooper S JCW

vilivili and arthur666 like this.
  21. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

Yeah same lol. GF got a Golf VW hehe. Yeah I get that it would be fun to get your own car in game or something similar, maybe a Focus RS though? It's very popular.

arthur666 likes this.