1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A quick blast on AC reminded me how good ACC is

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ears, Jun 30, 2019.

1. jaykinch

jaykinch Gamer

Ac1 I found as well that it was like driving a real car easy to drive normally until you pushed it then god help you
    With acc it’s a lot harder to drive normal and even harder to push hard with out spinning

2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Why? How?

I mean, both AC and ACC have FFB strength settings. Just set it higher or lower, depending on what you prefer.
    For me, both AC and ACC feel pretty similar, after I adjusted the FFB strength accordingly.
    FFB response in AC seems a bit faster, but that's about it.

So I really wonder why you would say that AC has a "light feel" in the FFB.

Of course the proceedure to determine the scaling factor for the FFB might be different, because of tracks (for AC Vallelunga was used iirc, but that one is not in ACC), but if you adjust it, it should be very similar between the two.
    I don't think that that will be a problem. The numbers of ACC players will rise.
    At the moment you have to keep in mind that most leagues that drive GT3 (and those seem to be a lot) use AC, because ACC was still in early access.
    But over time most of them will switch to ACC, for obvious reasons.
    There isn't really a reason not to do that (other than people having to buy the game, but that's about it).
    I've driven a lot on the ALOOG and street fight servers when they were running and we did a lot of variations in tracks and cars on those servers.
    So I'm quite confident when I tell you that you'd be surprised to find out what is possible there.
    There were a lot of people that could take the car to the limit.
    Sure, when you stick to a single car, you can get even closer to the limit, but only then you have to, because everybody is driving extremely close to the limit.

The variations in cars was one of the main fun thing here.
    Driving a 962C yesterday, Lotus 98T today, some street cars tomorrow and maybe a Lotus 25 the day after, each requiring a different driving technique.
    Watching your laptimes drop as you figure out how to drive e.g. the Lotus 25 is just exciting.

So, because we actually did those variations, I'm quite confident, that the number for me and most of my fellow racers back in the days, was not at 5% or 10%, but rather – depending on the driver – in the range of 60-90% and – in case of some aliens – even above.

I admit though that I don't do that stuff very often anymore, but that's mostly due to the absence of Minorating.
    Killing MR is what – for me – killed public racing in AC, unfortunately.
    (it was an understandable move though)
    Yeah, so?
    That just means that you'll never get bored. 8)
    Yeah but for real pilots, it's their job to do so and also it's not really feasible to switch to different cars for every event (for many reasons).
    Personally, if I could be a racing driver in a conventional racing series (like GTE, F1 etc.) or a series of events in the style of race of champions (where you drive a variation of cars), I'd take the latter, definitely.
    (putting reasons like money etc. aside)
    Or at least I would if they would use proper tracks for the race of champions style events and not that pseudo-circuit.
    Oh I hoped they'd do AC Rally, but of course was quite optimistic.

3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

From what was my experience related to simracing (online championships in particular), AC use(d) mainly Audi TT Cup/RS, Porsche 911 GT3 Cup and mods: DMR Revival, RSS GT1 and F1 1967
    For sure there are other cars used for racing in AC, including the GT3/GTE, but is does seem that from the full roster only a small fraction was (is) indeed used for racing.

If I'm not mistaken, but please correct me if I'm wrong, one of the AC weaknesses I heard some "complains" about was that, although it had many cars, it had a very limited number of cars that were able to compete in a full race series, so the majority could only be used for hotlapping.
    Another recurrent theme was that is lacked day/night transition, variable weather and series racing rules, and for this last one RRE was often pointed as an example, because it had the rules for the series (WTCC was the example I heard the most)

Now that ACC offers all that (day and night, variable weather, racing rules and full race serie) one of the "complains" is the limited (content) choice of cars, because it only allows a single race series (GT3).
    Simracers are never happy.:D

PLebre likes this.
  4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Same here, in VR, going back from driving in ACC, but not only, I find the feeling of acceleration and speed to be slow in AC by comparison to ACC but not only ACC some other SIM as well . I cannot explain why. I have thousand of hours in AC, drove it almost exclusively for month, years even. I never felt it, before, but now I do.

I am still driving AC a lot and still love it a lot but I now prefer driving in ACC, if we are just talking of higher level of simulation, both on the standpoint of physic/FBB and graphics.
    AC, both on original and mod content has just too much going on to be not driven. The driving is still great. The difference to me now is that I wish all this content would be available with the ACC physic/FBB and graphics. Probably never going to happen.

jaxx_za likes this.
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Is the FOV in VR the same in AC and ACC? If not, that might be the reason.

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

VR FOV always look the same to me in any game, 1/1, have you noticed something different?

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I'm not using VR, so no idea.
    Just wanted to ensure that the FOV is the same, since it's well known that a change in FOV will change the way you experience speed, so it could've been a factor.

8. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

For me ACC sounds are a massive improvement over AC´s.
    Last time I fired up AC, I chose AMG GT3 and Spa. I barely drove two laps.