1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A reddit survey shows ac looks good and strong

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by St3fan, Jun 14, 2015.

1. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I love how the guy translate the results from the question "What is your sim of choice to compete in public/pickup online races?"

Why is AC called "the sim that everyone and his granny owns"?

http://imgur.com/a/bQIjv

beiacos_gr, kofotsjanne and A.r.e.s. like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Reddit Snoo Jan 8, 2019
    Tracks modding Redditch super prix.. v0.5 wip now released. Feb 25, 2015
    ACC General Discussions survey / VR, tripple screen , single screen Sep 27, 2019
    Chit Chat Room New Online League Management Platform for Assetto Corsa (Survey) Apr 17, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Survey about simracing & habits - 2018 Aug 20, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Car fans survey Apr 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room What tracks would you like to see Kunos add? (Google Survey) Jul 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Little survey on online simracing Jun 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Competitive racing survey Sep 21, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Survey: favorite car per track Aug 27, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Survey about simracing & habits Aug 17, 2014

3. Lets poke a bear with a stick... I'm gonna post this at rF2 forums and get some popcorn. :oops:

fls66, ears1991 and kofotsjanne like this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

For a game that's only been out a month or so I thought there'd be higher numbers playing PCars. Each evening Steam charts has around 1500-2000 playing AC and around 300o-4000 playing PCars.

After the heavy marketing for PCars (which must have cost the devs an absolute fortune) I really thought the numbers of players would be larger. So close to release maybe 10-20, ooo.

5. St3fan

St3fan Alien

It's a survey on reddit/simracing, so I think those people who you see playing PCars on Steam probably won't spend much time on a simracing subreddit.

I think @tommi karsikas has some point... on that subreddit rfactor 2 is always given high praise, and whenever new comer asks what sim to buy people will always put rf2 in front of everything else (except iracing though). AC is always trashed as incomplete and PCars is always trashed as arcade. But the results tell a quite different story.

fls66 and Mogster like this.
  6. Stereo

Stereo Alien

cause you have to actually play something to criticize it, the games with more criticism are the ones actually getting played... AC's multiplayer is doing enough things right to be popular. I've read in RF2 you pay twice as much for the mp-enabled game? No wonder fewer people play it...

7. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

singleplayer game $43
    multiplayer about $143

this is the single reason why i will not buy it, if i find out that i like it then ill have to spend a ton of multiplayer, i dont want to like it because i dont have that kind of money at hand.

8. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

surely the only accurate figures for how many people play AC compared to pcars will come from steam not a survey on a 3rd party website.

9. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Well on that Steamspy website it states that AC has very nearly achieved 250,000 sales. Not 100% sure on the accuracy of that site, but that's what it says.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Racer

Maybe visit their purchase page and get your facts straight, before deciding?

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rfactor2-purchase/

Standard (single player doesn't expire, 1 year online services) is 43.99$
    Lifetime (neither single player nor online expires, ever) is 84.99$, which is an absolute steal considering ISI will be making content and improvements to rF2 for years to come.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    tommi karsikas likes this.
  11. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

oops sorry about that, i only checked it yesterday so i thought i remembered it correctly, i blame le mans i stayed up too long. Its a good deal for some people, the cheap people like me prefer to pay over time and lets be honest the dlcs are pretty much like renewing an online pass for assetto corsa.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Racer

BTW, if I'm not mistaken this survey was taken before pCARS' public release, right?

13. Week after the release.

14. kRush

kRush Gamer

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

But pCars was also sold on consoles and i think we cant see the amount of people playing on those? If pCars was pc exclusive like AC it would be fair to compare those numbers.

16. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

"Maybe visit their purchase page and get your facts straight, before deciding?
    Standard (single player doesn't expire, 1 year online services) is 43.99$
    Lifetime (neither single player nor online expires, ever) is 84.99$, which is an absolute steal considering ISI will be making content and improvements to rF2 for years to come."

Sorry for the hijack but does RF2 do discounts every now and then? Can I get notifications when this happens or do I have to check their website every day?

17. Depends how many of those advertisers were heavy backers ;).