1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A thread for project cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yusupov

yusupov Alien

meanwhile the 991 gt3 RS (mod) in AC was over 3 seconds slower w/ me behind the wheel, fast track, 19c.

2. hazardic

hazardic Alien

Guys, is 2.0 version is safe for playing now?

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not sure I havent bothered updating mine yet or playing it.

4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

safe? why wouldn't it be safe? just because someone says that it broke his wheel ? , does that even make sense? shoulnd't the wheel driver control how much force can be applied to the wheel ?

5. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Maybe they took the making of a realistic damagemodel a bit too far ;)

nah, wheels break some times, it could also have been happen while playing mario kart.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I broke a g27 that was pretty new playing AC, the entire wheel came off and ended in my hand racing the Alfa GTA in an mp race. That thing needs lots of wheel work but it was a known fault in the g27 and so they replaced it the next day but that could have happened in any driving game, for me its more likely to brake in AC then pcars as I play AC much more but then others playing more PC a wheel that is going to break will just break in any game.

7. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

I'm having a blast.

FFB still seems weird in some wheels (G25/27 mostly it seems), but after lowering the Tire Force a LOT, I can feel the car, even if the wheel is really light, and feels weird in some cars.

hazardic likes this.
  8. nonnex

nonnex Alien

@martcerv: Yap. The G25/G27 has some age now.
    I have a g27 for years too and it works very well (still), but maybe its getting to old now to handle the new sims and their FFB over a longer period of time.
    In the time where G25/27 came out the sim-racing titles had less use of ffb. So....

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  9. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

i almost broke my 2 wheels in Project Cars Alpha, when the FFB was still so bugged that it was rattling all the time like hell when standing still or touching grass. But it survived somehow and i played alot less xD

LeDude83 likes this.
  10. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Did you ever do the test in the wheel panel in windows control panel?? Was pCars giving you more force than that??
    Because that forces are real strong and get my desk moving all around to the point I just disconnected the wheel the first time I tried it. If The wheel can do that with the official drivers and in the control panel, I can't understand how a game, any game, can do harm to it. I never seen such huge forces on any game.

EDIT: Talking about this screen (the left one), if that wasn't clear enough :p

[​IMG]

11. nonnex

nonnex Alien

image broken.
    Edit: Ah, now it can be seen.
    Yes, its better to leave the ffb to 100% there for pcars and AC.

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Exactly the same for me! Back then this felt like the worst case stress test wheel manufacturers might be running: 100 % FFB left-right jolts repeating over and over again. Of course this can damage your wheel. Lower forces with smoother transitions on the other hand will expand the lifespan. With pCars atm if you don't lower tyre force it's more of a static strong force which is less severe, I guess. I have other reasons not to touch that game anymore so I don't care too much.

SpriGgy likes this.
  13. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Talking about the left screen. When there, if you press button on the wheel, the software will do FFB tests. And that's the most brutal FFB forces I ever felt on my wheel, to the point things on my desk were falling. Never saw a game do anything close to that, so saying a game broke a wheel because it send more forces than it should, to me is a lie. If the wheel itself does what I felt in order to test the FFB, no game will send it forces she can't handle.

14. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Well if its a lie or not I cant say, but it could still be possible because of some uncommon and bad combinations of ffb signals from a game that potentially can brake something. Who knows.

Anyway, I have to test the Test Button. Thank you for the hint to clear my desk before doing it. ;)

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  15. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Yeah. Better clean it. And make sure you're ready to pull the plug if you think those forces are to high ;)

16. michael_

michael_ Simracer

I got a ZX Spectrum for my birthday in 1982 and since then many of my relatives have died.
    Even after getting rid of it, years later, relatives continue to die.

Clive Sinclair says here that he doesn't use a computer - no wonder, eh? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30333671

As for people saying the wheel came off in their hand when they played AC? Sounds like they were lucky to survive their teenage years intact :D

17. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Hm strange comment, except if the deeper message was to say that hardware is starting to control humans.

But interesting article. Good old times, where everything was (seemingly) on the right place.

18. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

you should write in a more understandable manner. Your screens were kinda useless for that topic.

Yeah these FFB Test Runs in the Driver Part of the wheel are severe and if any game would run with such heavy forces, i doubt any wheel would hold more than a few weeks. And to answer you, it was a bit different from the kind of force but similar in its strenght and it were like extreme strong FFB Noise without any use. Also this rattling was alot stronger than all other FFB in the game, like with the broken multiplikator the game has now since 1.4
    As i played ACR (AutoClubRevolution) in past for some fun short online races when it still had a fun and challenging arcade physics and ok wheel support i had to stop playing that game as well, because after a while they changed physics and patched other wings and it became unplayable with wheel for many and it produced a similar heavy rattling on some occasions like when you hit the green.

Since i played other Racing Games then as well like GRID, DIRT, rfactor and didnt changed much on the FFB Strengths these FFB Noise Rattlings were like 2-3 times stronger than any FFB effect i got from any of the other games. I could barely hold the wheel.

19. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Well I never seen anything like the forces of those tests in any game. Guess I'm lucky. On pCars I get clipping way sooner than to get to those forces. Don't know how it was during development though.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It caught me by surprise but after it broke and I saw how some brittle plastic is all that was keeping the wheel on the base, Im surprised it doesn't happen more often. Its not something I noticed mentioned much online but logitech said its a fairly common fault. If just one of the mount points fail the entire thing will likely fail, I had a g25 that lasted many years but the first g27 less then a couple months. No issues with the replacement so likely it was just a manufacturing fault in the hub mount which really should be made of metal not such weak plastic. Its actually the plastic wheel hub in the middle of the g27 the the screws use to mount the wheel to the base, the part itself would only cost a couple dollars to replace but logitech just gave me a brand new wheel instead.