1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A thread for project cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Now the dev teams can fire their physics guys, maybe leave some for car DLCs.

2. burrito

burrito Alien

It's ok, you just aren't on the same technical level as the physics :rolleyes:

Nick Moxley and Patrik Marek like this.
  3. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

So now you say which forum I should go to?? Awsome. You're such a nice personality.
    Thanks for showing me the way.

And by the way, I like both games, I go to both forums, I say both games have flaws. I'm not the guy who disses all other games because only his game is good and others are rubish.

Have a nice day, nice person.

TXC_IJOJOI and Patrik Marek like this.
  4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

and what is normal ?

when racing games were going on, and some setup options were introduced, you probably only had things like shocks soft <>hard, suspension low<>high, gears low<>high and that was it, the someone came with all the various setups for camber, toe, rebounds, arb, ... so I could see people were saying if it's normal to have so many settings ?

yes, it would be great if there was more information about what each slider does in game, but if someone wants to know, he will find out ( be it on the official forums or other places)
    if someone just wants to take that and start his complaint " this is why this game is bad, look how many settings they have" it's his choice

on my wheel pCARS worked great out of the box, no tweaking. I haven't ran it after the latest updates so perhaps things have changed,
    but since there are so many wheels and they all need different settings, having just 1 slider isn't enough

pcars uses FFB directly from the physics, not canned effects one, .. so that's why you need so many settings to adjust it for your wheel.

and to your last point,
    yes, it's unfortunate that the default setups doesn't give you what you want, but that doesn't make physics crap, and that's point of many people who are defending pcars

pcars is way more advanced then many people give it credit for, unfortunately it's not setup right out of the box for everyone,
    it's completly fine if you don't want to be bothered with the settings and what to return the game and buy different one,

things like FSX also neeeded lot of setup on user part, lete alone something like X-plane, but that doesn't mean they are rubbish. They can be very rewarding if you invest the time in it , just like pcars

but anyhow, nobody forces you to like it, you clearly don't , so maybe you shouldn't go to a thread where people talk about pcars and share their experience ( also a positive one)
    these are AC forums after all, you have so many more threads where you can be happy, so why do you want to be upset in this thread?

5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

With regards to camber, toe, arb etc settings coming to sim racing, this was seen as a progression in simulation, a step closer to reality in a game. If pcars' slider system is the future of sim racing's ffb then I'll move on to something else when it becomes the norm.

FFB is not my only complaint. Online play, netcode, screen freezing, stuttering, fps, random crashing, UI... and their ****ty attitude towards anyone who doesn't kiss their arse.

And thus the real reason why some of us prefer AC to pcars...I followed AC since the tech preview as I'm sure you did too. I saw Kunos respond to 'customer complaints' in a graceful manner and actually fix (or at least try to fix) issues/bugs that we found. If their fix wasn't good enough for us they went back and tried again. They never demanded respect, they earned it. There are further improvements to come with 1.2 and I'm sure work on more improvements won't end there.

For Bell to say pcars is 99.9% bug free, he's only kidding himself. For the end user it's much less than that, and from his responses to complaints and the announcement of pcars2, it's fair to assume there won't be much improvement on the horizon.

So we're left with what? A game within a game where we must randomly push a plethora of sliders around to find a plausible feel of a car we've never driven irl...multiplied by the number of cars in the game. Err no thanks. I only have so many hours of spare time and I'm not convinced that playing this game within a game will be worth the effort in the end.

And FYI, I'm not upset about anything. I simply quoted a couple of comments from another forum and someone took offence and decided to talk pish. I just responded with similar pish.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

SpriGgy, Ace Pumpkin, Jebus and 2 others like this.
  6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I haven't see "sh1tty attitude towards complainers" only to trolls who obviously didn't come there to get help. but anyhow

7. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Normal scenario in this thread:
    Post another reason to not like pCars with some spice added in for provocation.
    Get the negative responses not agreeing with that reason.
    Diverge the topic by saying something like "but it has n other issues, therefore its bad" (while most of these issues or personal preferences have already been mentioned in the thread a number of times).

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  8. plaid

plaid Alien

Why even respond to him?

9. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Im not going to spend any more time in this thread which is rather pointless.

Go to the Project Cars forum and talk there about the game.

Have a good day

Thread closed and do not expect to see it here open again.

TXC_IJOJOI, Eero, nonnex and 16 others like this.