1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A tip to people that are running VR in Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Nov 28, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I was looking around in the ini files and found this setting:
    MIP_LOD_BIAS=0 ; GO NEGATIVE (ie. -1) TO SHARP THE IMAGE
    You find it here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
    Open graphics.ini

When the value is set to -1 the picture becomes better ingame. I dont know what it does exactly but I have asked Stefano and hope he answer when he got the time. More people have noticed a difference so its not just imagination.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Shrubbo, detoit, colombianomd and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online/Multiplayer Races and Career Mode Aug 6, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Local Multiplayer Career Jan 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions [PS4] Impossibile far funzionare Multiplayer Jun 29, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Tips and tricks..please share. Jun 27, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting McLaren GT3 Wheel multiposition switches stopped working Nov 20, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Career mode tips Nov 4, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSW 2.5 McLaren Wheel - 12 way multiposition switch (for traction control) not working Oct 25, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Drivernames in multiplayer - number in parenthesis? Aug 7, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Are you happy with 1.0 multiplayer structure? May 11, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Multiple user profiles for family shared game on steam Apr 21, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Can not Play multiplayer because the other drivers are lagging all the time Jul 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Why F1 cars are no longer present in multiplayer? Dec 2, 2016
    Bug reports Multiplayer lobbies - Disappeared? Nov 30, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues i can't play career and multiplayer Jun 30, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues All multiplayer races are password protected! Dec 13, 2015

3. Rigel

Rigel Alien

DDS texture files have MIPmaps, which means they contain the same image in several smaller sizes. The objects near to the camera use the texture in the original size, while the others switch to a worse (more blurry) one as the distance increases.
    With the bias set to -1 you're forcing the game to use the textures in a bigger step than what they'd normally use.

Grass4.jpg

4. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the info. I just tried -1 and the in car dials are definitely much clearer/sharper. I tried switching between 0 & -1 and the difference was visible. I also tried 2 (blurred in car) and -3 which makes the in car even clearer but the outside world shimmer. I didn't notice any difference in game performance but -1 & -2 do make the car interior dials more readable.

vegaguy 5555 and kofotsjanne like this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Rigel explained it very well, this is more expanded version from NVidia

6. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

I guess this begs the question if using the negative load bias under the NVIDIA control panel's Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias Allow, Clamp option will override the cfg file and yield the same result?

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  7. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Ah, shucks.

I've shut my games PC down for the night. This, coupled with IPD adjusters could be what I've been waiting for!

I dont know of I can wait until tomorrow to check this.

vegaguy 5555 and Cote Dazur like this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The setting wont go away. :) On the other hand, starting up a PC is pretty quick.. Ahh decisions decisions. :p

9. Uff

Uff Andrea Candini

This setting is no longer working since a couple of years: it was very useful with old sims, but now it doesn't maky any difference anymore. On the nVidia forum there was a hack to make it work again, if I recall correctly.

vegaguy 5555 and colombianomd like this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Btw, I got an answer from Stefano earlier but since Rigel posted an explanation i forgot to post it here:

11. elbo

elbo Rookie

Does this hit the FPS in-game?

12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Would imagine yes. What's the point of different mipmaps, than reducing stress on system. Otherwise everything could be always maximum sharpness
    E: I stand corrected

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  13. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

It increases sharpness but also produces more jaggies. I prefer the default. No performance impact here.

vegaguy 5555 and marcinmarcin79 like this.
  14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Like almost anything else changing the map load as both good and less good effects, it is free and easy to try and decide if it's upside are more important than its down side.
    In my case going minus 1 gave me a sharper graphic and a better vision in the distance, and that I like a lot!
    I did not notice any negative impact on performance and for me it did not change the "jaggies" , neither did I notice any down side to the quality of what I see. Does not mean it is not there, just that they are not important to me, so I did not notice.

15. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

tried it and I was getting shimmering in the trees which was very distracting, but cant say for certain if things looked sharper as my IPD isnt the default for the DK2.
    I'm going to order some IPD adapters so hopefully I will get better focus and will notice the difference.
    On the downside it appears Oculus have removed the lens separation adjustment to be able to match the IPD, so I cant match the camera separation to my eyeballs.... (I knew Narcissist Book buying Oculus was a bad thing!)

16. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I had tried it with the DK2 and it just looked more gagged. Will have to try again with the CV1, which I think is not as clear as the DK2. The screen door is reduced but still too obvious. Much more colour and the shadow look much better.
    The CV1 reminds me of turning off sweet FX when it was working.
    Has anyone heard anything about Sweet FX lately?

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Shouldnt cv1 be much more clear than dk2? Im starting to think that how much ppd you are able to use will affect the results you get from this setting. Im using 1.5 and for me its a positive improvement. Would be nice if people typed how much ppd they are using and if they like the setting set to -1 or 0.

18. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

-1 & -2 both make the interiors and dials much sharper for me and the shimmering only become visible outside the car less than -2. I settled on -1 as a compromise for both interior and exterior view.

19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

DK2, 1.3 ppd, -1 load map
    Improved sharpness of cockpit and increased long distance vision, no ill effects

kofotsjanne and MBK72 like this.
  20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Sorry. Old guy here. PPD is super sample? If so I'm running 1.6 CV1. With the DK2 I could easily run 2.0.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yes. :) Tell us when you have tried with the CV1, maybe you get a more positive result when you not using that much ppd. :)