1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A tribute to the F40

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by MichelF, Feb 12, 2014.

1. MichelF

MichelF Rookie

From 1987 to 2014, a tribute to the "Lady in red"
    Hope you will enjoy it as much as me doing it.

Be indulgent, this is my first video...

vimeo.com/86464472

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. alex72

alex72 Alien

Haha nice one! :) Good song choice too. Brings back memories.

MichelF likes this.
  3. MichelF

MichelF Rookie

Thanks Alex,

Do not hesitate to comment to help me improve
    I am thinking about same kind of videos mixing real footage, songs from the time and in-game videos and images for our legendary cars, both in AC and in Pcars.;)
    I need to change the video editing tool too, Windows Essential is quite limited...

4. Rocket75

Rocket75 Gamer

I'll be making my tribute probably after v1 when the sounds are improved, but great job on that especially in the beginning how you tied it over until now, I would have liked maybe 20-30% more engine sound in that, but that's a personal thing I just felt the music was overwhelming it at times.
    I have always admired this car, from a child, and loved the look of it. When I heard Kunos would have it, I told myself the day it was released with the F40 I would buy it, and when they released it in like the 2nd update, I had to click buy. Even though my sim-gear was in storage and I was in the middle of movving, and I had no chance to race with anything but the keyboard, I bought it; so I could check it out, and to get the fire under my butt to get everything setup after I had moved.
    Now a month and a half after moving and playing, it's still my favorite car to drive and I thank Kunos so much for bringing us this car, I wanted this car more than any other in the sim racing world, and I still have not got bored driving it, or looking at it, if anything I admire it more each time.

5. MichelF

MichelF Rookie

Agree about music too much overwhelming at times but I could not tune down the music per sequence only overall with windows movie maker, I was only able to play with the sound from the video. So music is at same volume all along the video which is not good for sure...
    My first physical approach of the F40 was at a gas station on the motor way some time in the end of the 90's, it was such a shock to see the beast and the engine through the plexiglass back cover that I still remember it as if it was yesterday.

6. alex72

alex72 Alien

Something that is super important to me personally when making videos with music is that the editing is always tied to the music. So when scenes shift (go from one scene to another) its either on beat or just between.

Also, use the music intelligent (or harmonious ((is it a word? lol))) so when things are more intense then i use more intense video footage, and when it slows down or some part of the music where drums/singing etc disapear i use somthing calmer etc etc.

This info is not related directly to your video, just my personal style, and maybe it can give you ideas. :)

MichelF likes this.
  7. Great video :) Love the song you chosen.

F-40. To me personally is the best car that graced the world. Focused on its purpose and pure.

MichelF and alex72 like this.
  8. Ronin_86

Ronin_86 Simracer

Haha... nice video and at first I thought it is Chris De Burgh whole video, not just song. Anyway, there was by the coincidence one beauty long ago and it was by all means comparable to the another one, F40... that good she was:rolleyes:.
    And it was whole package, one with the other. Many heads was turning that day:D. I never ever later in my life seen something so beautiful and grace. And that's go for both of them;)

Thanks!

MichelF likes this.