1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

One advantage of the current way is that it encourages people to form their own groups to race against. I've been part of Racedepartment in the past, I've let my membership slip because of circumstances but I'll renew once my rig has a permanent spot again. If Kunos make a more formal system it could undermine those groups. These kind of groups kind of guarantee that even the slow guys are of the same mindset and the whole experience is much improved through organised events like those done on racedepartment. I know there are other groups other than racedepartment it's just the one I know. I don't feel the need to be matched up with people at exactly my level, the racedepartmet races had people at every skill level and it added to the experience rather than take away from it. It was their attitude to other drivers that made the difference.

I'm still going to wait for full release to see what the current system is actually like. Any time I've gone online there's been only one or two SA servers (I'm not searching just going with what pops up), the rest are the same as always, so it feels to me like most servers simply aren't using the new system.

ChivasRx likes this.
  2. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Rent an ACC server for 6.50 a month: https://www.rackservice.org/assetto-corsa-competizione
    iRacing is just a rip-off service. Everything in it is overpriced.

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hell no, many hundreds servers any time. Much more than needed, but that was already a thing in AC1.
    I wouldn't ever have thought about that, but appearantly we need to add statistics about drivers and servers, as the impression seems to be very important.

Aseeth, Dookie and Max Doubt like this.
  4. Naer

Naer Gamer

I don't want to rent a server, I just want click and race. And I know iRacing is overpriced (I left because of that), but the "hosts" feature is a good feature to paid the online infrastructure. And also I think is better than rent a server for non tech people because you can do directly from the game, is just a menu, is faster, is easier.

5. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

Wow!!
    How funny

72% now
    Wait
    Kunos please look at this and fix it.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  6. arjit.c

arjit.c Rookie

Statistics would be awesome to have, like overall, maybe a web-page (which can be shared with other drives etc) would be awesome too. For example, if someone has a league or a private server or if they are looking for players to join them, this would be a good way to show someone your statistics,

Statistics could be,
    1. Tracks Rating (Medals earned on that track?) [for drivers]
    2. Fastest/Average lap time on track [for drivers & server] -- users could see the competitiveness of the server before joining it ?
    3. Laps raced on track [for drivers & server]
    4. Car specific stats like number of hours raced in a specific car, laps driven etc [for drivers & server]
    5. Incidents per race ? [for drivers & server]
    6. Races ran [for drivers & server]
    7. Races won [for drivers]

On a technical side, could be some uptime statistics (over 30 days) ? Maybe a way to list a website/contact information of that server?

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  7. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

could multiplayer be expanded in a reallistic way? I mean Can multiplayer have any more feasible feature, or 1.0.0 release will be closed to new features?

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Not for me mate. I think there has been a misunderstanding... :cool:

9. LeiF

LeiF Alien

In my equally humble opinion 30 SA rating, whilst found inside a box of corn flakes, is certainly better than nothing.
    Although I think even 70 SA should be possible even for the most average of sim racers. Maybe not so easy for arcade-ists.

Of course without enough players a high SA barrier is just the gateway to a ghost town.

Once we get some decent numbers and more people have had time to build their rating a bit, I think we will need to be aiming for 90+ SA servers at the top end as it really does seem very very easy to reach that level, mine has got to 94 and still climbing and only doing 3 or 4 races per week at most.

10. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

Come on, I always have two or three people hitting me in a race and I have 70 SA. Every server should have at least 20 SA, less than that means that you crash more than drive

11. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

RIP ACC

Spa Dry Sunday: The game

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Holly molly. The criticism is being huge. An spanish Youtuber just posted a vid talking about it with 150 comments and all of them are not very positive.

Im not sure if I like that. From one side, all those critics share most of my view of the matter. But in the other hand, it's generating a lot of unfair claims IMO.

13. theivansk

theivansk Racer

That's what exactly I said a couple hours later. This post its been sooo negative for the game..

SlimCharles likes this.
  14. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

well, 3000 buys less, nothing to worry about

15. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

If the negativity hadn't come now then it would have come on release day. I expect they knew it would cause a bad reaction so chose to tell us now.

I really hope that the scale of the reaction (this is by far the most active thready that I've seen on this forum) tells kunos that this is something that they need to make priority number 1 after release. The game will die without it.

I appreciate they will have to invest in building a real matchmaking system but this is what will keep people playing. If they don't build it nobody will be playing and nobody will buy the DLC. If they do implement something then there will be lots more players and they will sell way more DLC.

Please kunos, listen to your player base. This is what we want.

16. iker17

iker17 Gamer

Kunos you already know your server online system is horrible. Your game is focused to play 100% online... If you fail with online your game is dead.

Listen to people and fix your errors, for this is the early access

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I will play and I will buy the DLC :cool:

18. I would be worry about every single one o_O

19. theivansk

theivansk Racer

SSC: Spa Sunny Competizione. Early Acces from September buuut the release "doesn't mean the end of development".
    I translate this for you, no worries. This mean that what we are going to get on May 29 is more cars and the rest of the tracks. Everything else will come in next months if so, but no worries.

20. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Let the guys just finish the game, this is clearly something for after 1.0, you can't fix this in 3 weeks, it's not easy, you might need more content in the game as well. Don't do this stupid review bombing the game is great even with only server browser.

I will buy all DLC as soon as it is released :)

mr Switchblade, jaxx_za and Oblit0r like this.