1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Kunos works as every other company: Earn money.
    They make plans and calculations and then decisions.
    But I do not understand these decisions, I am not a finance management guy.
    I am a simple guy. So my thinking would have been:
    Sim racing: niche market
    Only one class: niche in niche market
    Only some tracks: niche niche niche

How can we outstand?
    Physics, Grafics, Sound and most important: Features! MP features. MP features that are higly demanded and most of other competitors do not have?

Easy: Just copy/evolve/adapt iRacing concept with a more suitable price model.
    That's what sim racers want.

Attract sim racers with iRacing features and they will follow. Do not just give them some tracks and one single car class and some sort of ratings and call it matchmaking. Then people will be disapointed and ask themself why they should leave their actual sim and come to ACC.
    Attract them with features they want.
    If scheduled races are too cost intensive, try to get information how community would react to a subscription model. Me and maybe many others would spend about 30€/year to get something like iRacing.

But if community reads from development that it is satisfied with what is achieved right now, disapointment is of course there.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

GoBo likes this.
  3. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

Surely R3e pc2,Rf2 Iracing are laughing about this..good for them..bad for many of us (those who believed the term “competizione”Would mean something more)
    The most annoying is that this could have been said in 0.1 0.2 etc and that is it,but this really seem deliberately silent
    and spilled out shortly a few weeks before release 1.0..
    What is the point of this well designed rating system? Why the term competizione?
    With no scheduled or official races This is just an Ac2 blancpain with a similar structure to pc2, 10 tracks,10 cars,
    I hope Kunos will make it right and reconsider what it was supposed to be the “spirit” of this game..MP ,,,MP,,Mp,,
    Called “enhanced” MP..” from kunos ...really?

4. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

no, do not be sorry, you know I use google translation because my level of english does not allow me to grasp the subtleties of certain messages. (google no more)
    Indeed at certain times you are still gross in your remarks and there is no need to be.
    With ACC we drive cars, but you have to know how cool, even behind the wheel.
    no problem_:p

5. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

From my experience in iRacing and SRS: not really.
    I do think it’s inportant for some personal stats to be available if one looks for them, but I think they would just be overwhelming.

Personally I would favour a system where any community server / championship is advertised and promoted.

Say you have two pages: casual racing, championships.
    The matchmaking which works for single servers could be extended to championships:
    This way you are matchmaking drivers to championships, not to individual servers.

And for a community organised championship to be listed, it has to publish a schedule, and the system then shows the current leaderboard.

Basically I’d like a compromise between option a) Kunos had full control and option b) Kunos has no control.

1257 and XettMan like this.
  6. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

So why does it have a very good single-player mode? Multiplayer is obviously a big part of ACC but it's definitely not (100%) the only part.

This is what YOU want! Don't presume to speak for the rest of us. I'm part of the player base and I'm happy to see how things progress without delivering ultimatums (like many others, I suspect).

Madsen, luxxx797, martcerv and 4 others like this.
  7. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Totally agree with this Youtuber:

8. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

You are making me say the obvious. :D I would not be worried about the people on the comment section of that video, but of the portion of the buyers and potential buyers they might represent.

Fact is that everywhere you go you see HUGE disappointment. Reddit, YT, twitter, Steam opinions, other forums... Even here, the official forum, which is the most benign place for Kunos.

jacyhv 2 likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

This is HUGE disappointment...
    [​IMG]

kro and fnegroni like this.
  11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Agreed

Coanda likes this.
  12. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Getting a bit macabre now :D

Coanda and SlimCharles like this.
  13. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Assetto Corsa Not So Competizione

pedronano96, R. Iván, coiso and 5 others like this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

:D

[​IMG]

PiretSS2000, Oblit0r and XettMan like this.
  15. doamf

doamf Racer

Bit negative to feel that disappointed I'd say...its just a sim...

XettMan likes this.
  16. kro

kro Simracer

Once 1.0 launches ( and we wrap our heads around how to fetch the results) we will have the series up for registration ! Normal Sat race time is 20:00 gmt ( 1pm my time) , In the mean time we are doing test races every Monday at 19:00 GMT with a 1hr P, 10 min Q, 30 min race . It's open to any & all our members , so you are welcome to join us ! I'm also in the US west coast Seattle area ! always looking for more US drivers .. we are the minority lol :D

Cascader, ChivasRx and fnegroni like this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I'm not disappointed... Read my last 20 posts mate ;) exactly it's just a sim & one aspect of the sim that all these people are whinging about...

18. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I don't speak spanish...:confused:

19. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Rainbows scare me more actually, like, where's the damn end?! What's this sorcery?! Kappa

Coanda likes this.
  20. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

And that's the problem I hoped to be solved by Kunos.
    Week end is family time. Almost always no posibility for racing. I want/need racing on demand. But this we will not get from Kunos.
    It is what it is, we have to deal with it.