1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

I think you may have missed my point. I'm not saying that matchmaking isn't important, but more that even the best matchmaking system in the world isn't going to work if you only have 5 players online at a given point in time for example.

Anyway, all good.

Tkeg likes this.
  2. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Thanks for the update Minolin. Appreciate it.

3. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Does anyone really think the current SA ratings alone are going to make safer MP races? Not with the SP SA booster machine still in place! I'm more intrested to see how CP is used. (great explanation opo_O)

I want to race against 23 drivers who know how to win. Then I know they are relatively safe and definitely not a malicious wreckers. Some may be cutthroat or crazy fast, and that's all frustrating enough, but if they can't weed out all the really bad guys this is going nowhere.

They need to do a SA rating reset and make everyone rank in MP or with SP locked to 90%/90%. Then require all servers to use the system. Otherwise I fear MP will always be a grab-bag.

4. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

@Minolin I have some questions about v1.0, so I would be grateful if it's something that you can answer and tell if it's expected with v1.0, or it's planned for later, or neither. :D

1. Will Kunos servers run longer races than the current 20 minutes, so if they'll run races with 1h or more?
    2. Will the Kunos servers will run races accordingly to Blancpain GT race duration, for instance Monza (+/-3 hours) ?
    3. Will there be Kunos servers running very long races (special events?), like Paul Ricard 1000 km and/or 24 Hours of Spa?
    4. Will the Kunos servers run races according to Blancpain rules, allowing driver swaps?
    5. Will the Kunos server include some sort of online "championship"?
    This one I have to elaborate: will the Kunos servers run only random tracks to do individual races or will there be servers following the Blancpain race calendar with identically (to where possible) weather conditions ?

5. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

right now, it says 1,113.

6. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I honestly struggle to understand why someone isn’t copying iracing’s multiplayer approach for scheduled races. Only SMS has done so. I really hoped that ACC was ambitious enough to try something similar.

If the player count rises significantly then perhaps we’ll be ok with this matchmaking approach but I’m not holding my breath. Right now, in the US, there’s just a long list of completely empty servers every night.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There is a reason I racing needs an annual access fee and has much higher costs for all content. Good luck doing what Iracing does for a $50 one off payment and keep this going for 10 years or more. Also you probably dont mean SMS as in project cars. ;)

My biggest issue with the lobby and servers in general is no ping limits, for Europeans it doesnt matter but for us in Australia when we have a lobby that shows 95% servers above 380 ping its mostly useless.

Then we hunt through this list to find local servers and once these get busy all the 400+ ping euro guys join the server anyway.

The lobby should also clearly show all the server settings so we can choose this before joining. Combine this with filtering and its a big plus, personally atm the filters are completly broken. No matter how I set it I get the exact same server list so hopefully it is broken and not as designed.

That and making it possible to simply use filters to block things you dont want to see. If I dont want to join servers under a certain SA rating then id rather not see them in the lobby, same as no servers over 200 ping. Sure this may show me only 5 to 10 servers thats fine, I dont need to see 100 others I wont be joining.

Allow servers to block people joining mid race and also block escape to pit as a server side option. Have a server be able to rotate tracks and more admin control, ping info in servers too.

There is nowhere for us to see our own ping in a server or that of everyone thats in to see if anyone is having connection issues.

Lawndart, Mudguts, Rolz and 5 others like this.
  8. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I think we can assume that iracing, from the beginning, had their IP locked down tight, making copying them virtually impossible without infringement. Online services get protection on all aspects of operation and it's risky for companies to emulate them in any way. If they could. they would.

From the eula;
    3. Ownership. 3.1. All rights and title in and to the Sim, including the Online Application, the Sim Client, and the Content (including any user accounts, titles, computer code, tracks, cars, objects, locations, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, any related documentation, "applets" incorporated into the Sim Client, recordings of races), and any and all data and statistics generated by or in connection with the Sim, including without limitation, data and statistics generated as a result of your use of the Sim (the “Data”), are owned by iRacing.com or its licensors and are protected by United States and international laws. The Sim may contain certain licensed materials, and iRacing.com's licensors may enforce their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement. For clarity, the Sim Client and the Content are licensed to you; you will not obtain any ownership interest in the Sim Client or any of the Content.

9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Thanks for sharing this information!

I'm kinda bummed out tho. I mean, ACC has revolutionized simracing in so many aspects, I feel a bit like its potential will go to waste without a proper multiplayer mode.
    Unless you're in a league, I'm afraid we're stuck doing the same 20-30 minute long races in servers that get populated, and we all know which one those are.
    Non-league based endurance races will be non-existent, or atleast pointless to join. I'm not even talking about 6-12-24h events, 2h races will most likely never see the light of day without having any structure to them/without being scheduled. Who'd join a 2 hour race where other people can join mid-race, where people can just leave whenever they want? Having these races scheduled will attract like-minded people whose intention is to actually finish the race.

Simracing isn't that big, there's not a lot of players, so rain servers at Paul Ricard for example will most likely never be an option. We'd have to be lucky to see such a server at all, let alone for people to actually join it.
    The dynamic weather in this game is something that I love a lot, driving around on a damp track, having to decide which set of tyres to race with even tho both sets will struggle... that's something that makes racing fun again instead of the same old same old. But a lot of people don't like these kinda things, they'll rather drive on a track with optimum grip so they can drive as if every lap is a time trial lap.

The issue is not only lacking proper scheduled races, it's the difficulty to set up a server in the first place (or even rent one) and also the fact that it's not possible to change tracks without having to reset the server and losing all the people that were in the server.

I'm afraid racing online will go a bit stale in the end, getting stuck doing the same races over and over again because of a lack of players/servers who wish to do different races. And I know these people are out there, but getting them into servers together won't be easy, because let's be honest; Would you rather join a server with people in it, or join a server without people and hope a couple will eventually join?

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  10. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

I don't think people mistook the word matchmaking, it was a deliberate marketing ploy to use the word matchmaking instead of filters (which is a ten times more accurate term) to get as many people to buy into early access as possible,

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm not too surprised and also not frustrated about those news.

Personally, I don't have time for scheduled races. I love pick-up racing and the ACC rating system has given pick-up racing a meaning and a motivation. If you wanted to track your progress or measure your success, there was nothing in AC1 but SRS, league racing, the hotlap challenge etc. - all time consuming, with fixed schedule or maybe not suited to your liking. ACC now has a system that records every single session so you can grind certain aspects on- or offline, share your numbers and take pride in being a safe, fast, consistent or competitive (etc.) racer. Even on non-restricted server (unless you get a wrecker), you can clearly see this system working - everyone is aware that they're "being watched" and that there's something at stake when ramming someone without thinking twice.

I understand how some people might be a little disappointed but for me, I'd feel unhumble complaining about omissions when I should just embrace what's been achieved. IMO most people are interested in pick-up racing so the current approach might appeal to the masses. This means a bigger playerbase and that's also good for the "elite" like us residents in the game and the forum.

The only thing I wouldn't like to see is everyone racing the same track in the sun. But that's of course up to the individual - I hope many people will embrace the joy of night/rain racing.

As for more organized stuff like SRS - let's not forget that Kunos has left a big loophole for modding - the only thing they won't do is to provide API documentation like they did for AC1. But modders tend to be geniuses so it wouldn't surprise me to see SRS for ACC at some point.

@Minolin thanks again for your good work. Your skill to listen to the community but also anticipate what they want (before they even know they want it) has brought ACC to another level. Combine that with your talent to remain calm and communicate well - Kunos can be glad they got a hold of you ;-)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Minolin will we get the categories of drivers? so if somebody is rated AM can he race a race and win the AM category in that race. Pro`s wining PRO category in race.. So category races and overall race wins?
    Will that be a thing???

Arckeron, warth0g, Son and 6 others like this.
  14. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Yeah, longer races need scheduling. But the system is open to anyone to do that. Maybe have a subforum here where anyone willing to setup a server could post config and time for a race? I'm sure there will be those races organized.

martcerv, Oblit0r and LeDude83 like this.
  15. 1257

1257 Rookie

Think acc really needs some kind of matchmaking/scheduled events because people don't want to join empty servers. And a month/two months after release it will just have same servers with same tracks that are populated with 15min races. Also right now theres only 1 player in one server, all other servers are empty.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Mercenairy and warth0g like this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There is nothing stopping people from organising these on the forum, realistically your not going to expect endurance races to just pop up get a large field of high quality drivers with no organisation.

1 hour sprint races I wouldnt be surprised if they would be more common and id likely try run some of these casually.

Running a server isnt too hard, make a post saying when your wanting to do some longer races and what time, see what sort of interest there is. This is where the SA can be quite handy so you can set your level then be open to all that meet this.

Im sure there are enough people around keen on this sort of thing. With our league I would be likely having some open fun runs of longer length before we start real seasons. Have these open to strict SA and hopefully all the league guys can get their ratings up to manage this.

People shouldnt complain if the main public server population is 10 min qualy 15 min race at Spa in optimum conditions. You dont need to join these servers and if you do dont complain about it. ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Ok, Kunos are a bunch of liars. You got them. Ask for a refund and go back to iRacing.

Oh no! Sorry, I forgot you don't want to pay a subscription and pay for each car and each track.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

martcerv likes this.
  18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I think people don't seem to realize the sarcasm in that post :p

Dookie, martcerv and Minolin like this.
  19. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I do have to recognize your talent. You are really good at being passive agressive without having any point.
    BTW I already have an iracing subscription.

icemanzp and Tkeg like this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I don't get it. What @Poguinhas posted is pretty much what we have now, no?