1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

@LeDude83

It differs clearly that you cannot compete with opponents of similar skill level and easily find online races to join.

jacyhv 2 likes this.
  2. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

the retarded chivalry has arrived to assetto corsa forum.

3. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

What's next, lan only with filters would have been fine as well. Or maybe an advanced splitscreen system.

I'm living in 2019, you wanna sell me technology from a different century fine, but at least let me know what it's.

SlimCharles, Racert46, Luatz1 and 5 others like this.
  4. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

Jajajajajaaj
    only this? it's not enough to be dissatisfied (ironic mode and white knights mode On)

5. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

sigh.

your going around ever post throwing the word 'scandal' around and disagreeing with anyone that doesn't align with your views.

if you are happy with ACC great.

everyone can give feedback. we all paid for the same product.

if to you matchmaking is server browser with safety rating and filters than thats awesome.

at current state I can play all the filters I want the player base just isnt there.
    for someone in NA finding race that is clean or has more than 5 players is like miracle.

something like SRS for ACC would help that.

SlimCharles, TheBoss, XettMan and 3 others like this.
  6. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

I echo the comments re feedback.

"Scandal" or not, there is clearly support for scheduled races. If it can be done for free then great. If not DLC or annual pass would be fine, I wouldn't hesitate to pay for it.

Kunos, please listen to the feedback and make ACC realise it's potential.

You have the best physics, graphics, sound and license around. The problem is that for anyone who likes multiplayer none of this matters if you can't get in clean, full and competitive races.

flyingyak, Luatz1, TheBoss and 3 others like this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

He said ACC is really nice and better than he expected. Well done and thank you to Kunos for their 2 years of hard and continuous work! Bonza

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  8. coiso

coiso Gamer

I've voiced my concerns over the course of 10 months regarding what is a pivotal aspect of this title, which is the multiplayer portion.
    Those concerns are now, sadly, crystallised and made clear.

While it's somewhat disappointing that MM wont be a thing, thats nothing when compared to the open ended language used to describe the MP.

Kunos should have stated from day 1 what the MP was going to be about without any faffing around. It's a server browser. Thats it.

-randomcallsign

9. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

And if people who don't yet have ACC read this thread full of needless drama, maybe it will stay like that for a while :p

10. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

OMFG i didn't check thread for 2 days and it's 21 pages!

Can someone recapme if there's news that are meaningful and i driver swaps onlines have popped up in the discussion?

anthony galmiche likes this.
  11. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

You could say Millennium too...ya know ? o_Oo_O

What was your hope for the MP ? Just out of curiosity...

Picking the game type (quick race - endurance - deathmatch - ctf) and then automated session creation ?

Picking the track and then automated session creation ?

Something with scheduled races iR/SRS style ?

.....else ?

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

A loud minority doesnt make them a majority, pretty much just a group of crybabies throwing their toys from the pram.

13. ignission

ignission Simracer

From what I can read between the lines, somewhere amongst the fury of some players and the measured responses from the devs, is that MP is very much "in flight". It is what it is currently, but it could change in the future after the release of v1.0, depending on a number of factors.

People need to relax.

anthonylroy and fnegroni like this.
  14. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

He actually praises ACC's handlng and physics in that video, but he also wanted official races like iRacing has. And he rages about it. That's basically it.

jaxx_za, XettMan and Wolf WolfZ like this.
  15. Aika_rajuu

Aika_rajuu Gamer

The reason why people went side ways regarding this is that they used the word matchmaking in a wrong way. Quote straight from steam store " The matchmaking function makes sure that you can compete with opponents of similar skill level... " So in terms of how word "matchmaking" and "skill based matchmaking" is used it means that there is automated system that makes the match. While the word matchmaking can be understood in many ways, more than 99/100 times it is fully automated system that makes a match from players in queue. Name me a one game that has a ACC type of online structure and calls it matchmaking. Also please for the love of god communicate these things to community, this is not the first time during the development that information was presented to us really late. What comes to my personal experience whit current online play is that its not good in a sense that i can hardly find people that can compete with me. Being able to lap 2/3 grid in 20mins is not good racing. Also good luck trying to fight someone when you are constantly lapping slower people.

16. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Right now I would be fine with just events. For example, you have 4 events up, each a different track, race conditions/time of the day, duration. They could use different types of qualifying, you choose one, it starts your own session where you can lap as many times as you want until the event begins, while others would be like a one shot only, right before the event starts. Anyway, you choose one, no restrictions in any of them in terms of rating, because the game would create the sessions with players of similar ratings already. Someone said before they prefer something more life like, where the are drivers of very different skills racing together, that's no problem as well, put like 7 pro players, 7 pro-am, 7 am, for example, all racing together(not on all events but would be an additional option).

Then from that we could have ranked mode with seasons, with their own events and rewards. A badge with your rank and car of choice for that season to your profile, a special livery according to your final standing as well.

Could go more into details, but those would be the basics.

17. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

I've been building up my safety rating and joining higher rated servers. It has always so far resulted in well matched opponents in both etiquette and pace. This before the racecraft rating or other qualifying filters have been included.
    The required process of increasing my safety rating has improved my racing skills and speed.
    The rating system is what differs between this and other games games' filtered lobbies.
    Have any of the disappointed posters had a worse experience than me using high rated servers? Any real feedback here could be constructive. I'm sure some have been waiting for what they'd hoped so haven't tried yet, I'd say have a go.
    More importantly for me personally would be track rotation within lobbies to give some variety and keep groups together and interested (fingers crossed), a penalty system for the pre-race formation, and improved post race sequence and opponent info/stats.

Coanda, martcerv, Oberonone and 2 others like this.
  18. Si.

Si. Simracer

Did you ever stop to think that it might be the number of players in the EA that is the issue i.e. there are not yet enough for the matchmaking to be effective. The only difference I see to many other games is that it doesn’t throw you straight into a server. If you read the description in the game the intention is that it will match you with people of similar skill/rating.

kuccu, Oberonone and ignission like this.
  19. Aika_rajuu

Aika_rajuu Gamer

So you are saying that if we take all the 4 populated servers that have players in them and sort by skill level and throw them into 4 server it doesn't make racing better? Even from just 100 people you can create fairly good lobbys if automation sorts everyone by their skill level.

Cascader, mkotechno and XettMan like this.
  20. josecar_fr

josecar_fr Rookie

I think kunos is digging his grave with this new. People want a competition like srs or iracing, is it so hard to understand? If the game does not take this course, it will end up abandoned. I hope you listen to your fans and reconsider

pedronano96, dave81983 and R. Iván like this.