1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Well fair enough, more time (and more content maybe, i.e. more car classes and more tracks) is probably needed to build an iracing/SRS like ecosystem.

The current thing might work reasonably well with a larger playerbase, currently is very hit and miss.

I would complain about "being misled by competitione marketing" or something but I have paid £20 for something I have put in >150 hours before release so that would be utterly ridiculous :). It's still a great sim.

warth0g likes this.
  2. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

What I really hope to further improve, is the Ranking, that it would be able to recognize differences in incidents, at least more evident, not like racing accidents

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  3. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

And can you please remind me what your point is? That Kunos can set up a real matchmaking system with scheduled races for free?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't know if they can, but in this page it says they would:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/
    Now comes the part where you tell me why I'm wrong for expecting that to happen.

Mercenairy and TheBoss like this.
  5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I think what Kunos have developed so far for multiplayer, both in terms of netcode and ranking system is quite good, actually better than I expected (kudos to @Minolin ). Also the SRO events and any other official e-racing event / league that will be organized I am sure will be good.

What we are missing is the SRS-type competition, that is something in between casual public servers and "serious" events/leagues. I had hoped (dreamed) that Kunos would do that kind of thing.
    I hope that soon in the future SimRacingSystem finds a way to use ACC.

6. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

Well, i appreciate finally telling us how the multiplayer is going to look like. So I will also say what I think.

IMO not having a real matchmaking is a big let down, with just a filter system, noone guarantees you that servers of you level will be populated, that you will have rainny condition races, night time races....etc.... You just get stuck with the servers people race, or you join an empty server, and hope and wsit that other people join...

If you have a real matchmaking, you just join the entry list for the race, and you know for sure that you will be matched with people around your skill and that the race will be with an almost full grid.

Does it cost a lot? I'll be happy to pay a suscription to have this feature, you can keep the current game as it is and add a matchmaking with a suscription.

I was hoping acc to become my main sim. But unless something changes, I guess I'll just use it for private lobby racing

7. Try to search this info at rd. If i remember it right, irscing have 80000+ active subscribers, and 1100-4000 players online/h.

8. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I already told you. Ask for a refund due to false advertisement. And be done with it. With the 25 euro you will get back you can RENT one more track OR one more car on iRacing.

kuccu likes this.
  9. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Why? The game has very limited content and small userbase so iracing/srs like ecosystem would only help gather the players together instead of spreading around multiple almost empty servers. And people would have to drive different tracks etc and not just stick to their favourite combo.

Hopefully SRS will manage to implement some kind of system for acc, if not the multiplayer will be bit of a disappointment and the complicated rating system kind of a waste I think. No way to run proper endurance races etc with the current system. Sure you can organize something on forums etc but not even close to being the same as a proper scheduled race with splits etc.

10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

But then I'll miss you replying to every single post I make on the forum :(

anthony galmiche likes this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Advanced multiplayer functionality

A well-structured ranking system will evaluate individual performance and driving behaviour to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions. The matchmaking function makes sure that you can compete with opponents of similar skill level and easily find online races to join, while the leaderboards will allow you to compare single-lap performance with virtual pilots from around the world with the same car, circuit and weather conditions.

Its already been explained what the match making function here is, if you have a different definition then it really doesn't matter. The rest of whats said there doesn't say in any way they would provide 24/7 fully hosted race servers.

The ranking system we already have, the matchmaking system is pretty much there as you can join servers that have higher SA to match up closer to your level, leaderboards are there.

The thing it doesn't say is that it wont just be a single button click this to join mp and it automatically finds a server for you. Honestly I would hate this but from what I have seen of most here it seems what they need this as the lobby system and ratings is far too complicated for them to understand. They pretty much only choose the first server they see is full with a short race and no ratings, then they complain people in there cant race, ratings are clearly broken and that its not a combo or race format they wanted to race. You have free choice of any other server in the lobby.

I said early on that it would never be like Iracing but for some reason many seem to think this will be given to them at pretty much no cost. SRS I have never used as its euro based and useless for people in Australia, I like the idea but someone there is paying for it and putting in all the hours for free. They will have limited servers so can maybe host a few races at a time, can you imagine the cost of hosting servers for 1,000 to 10,000 people if they provided Iracing's setup for free.

Who would pay for this, maybe AWS will give up their hosting services for you for free. Are you even running your own servers and paying out of your own pocket? do you know the basic monthly or yearly costs of this. That's not including full time staff to operate this, then you will want race stewards on call. Who knows what else your expecting for that one off early access discounted purchase you have likely already spent 100+ hours on.

Now add this service at a cost and you will complain $10 per month or whatever is too much and those that do pay it get a smaller user base to play with. So the end server costs are considerably lower then anyone that would provide such a service for free who would go broke in no time. ;)

stefano2096 and Poguinhas like this.
  12. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

6 months ago when I heard about acc and the description of multiplayer, I had this huge hope that finally we would have an iracing competitor with good tire model.
    I'm sad that 6 months of hoping has been shattered in a 2 minute read. Next hope is that acc will be integrated into SRS, which I think is a solid bet. I continue to find it strange that 1 guy with no funding achieves what all the big Sim devs say is impractical and too expensive. :confused:

13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I like your post, at least you do make some good points, so let's see:
    If you look at how much Iracing charges players, even though all they sell is way overpriced, it's still unrealistic to expect anyone to provide a similar service for a one time only payment. I think the big issue for me and for a lot of people is the word "matchmaking". I play some CS GO with my friends, and on CS GO matchmaking means you join a full official server with people of similar skill level, all of that for free, but of course we can't compare the economics of a huge game like CS GO with microtransactions and stuff to ACC.

In the end I'm under the impression, and I may very well be wrong here, that Kunos actually intended to make things better, but couldn't deliver in the end. Even if we did have a balls out iracing system on ACC, with the amount of players we currently have it would be the same thing, perhaps even worse than now, and if that's going to improve after full release it's anyone's guess. In my opinion it all depends on the quality of the final product.

And on the "active players" problem, I actually believe that with enough players the system we already have might actually become really good, like I said, we won't know until it happens, and if I worked at Kunos I don't think I would invest in any big overhaul without even knowing how good the current system is, and if there would be enough players to make a different system worth the investment.

There are two things, however, that I think could be there for 1.0:
    The first one is a must: I've come across some streams from Gamers Muscle playing ACC, and unlike us he doesn't seem to have spent much time here on the forums reading about the filters and so on, so he basically spends his entire stream complaining that there are empty servers on the top of the list, that he needs to race against AI to improve SA and so on, and although some people here don't realize, the majority of the player base doesn't come here to the forum to read about that stuff. So Kunos definitely needs to implement this information into the game, I mean, when the game launches out of EA, the first thing you should see when you open it is: "For ACC, we have implemented an intelligent system to help you find servers best suited for your skill, here's how the system works[...]".

The second is not so important, but I don't think it's that difficult to implement either: I think server admins should be given the option for their sessions to just loop one after the other like it is now, or start the races at a given interval, like "Qualifying starts at 15:45, race starts at 16:00, then qualifying starts again at 16:45 and the race at 17:00 with a scheduled interval". I'm not sure if this would have a significant impact, but when I tested Iracing out I found this scheduling system to be better than what ACC has, so it might be nice to have the option, as I believe it could further help to make things more organized.

But yeah, like I said before, it all comes down to the number of active players. If at 1.0 we see many players joining the game, the current system may work fine and everything will sort itself out, but I'm not really sure if, with the limited content, ACC can come even close to the activity that AC1 has. If even with more players the system doesn't work, or even worse, if the players end up not coming to ACC at all, then it will probably be time to make significant changes, but for now all we can do is wait and see how 1.0 turns out.

Sorry for the wall of text.

14. arnau3331

arnau3331 Rookie

You said everything I'm worried about!, also the league based races I find another issue if there is +24 people who want to race in the popular hours like 8 pm to 11 pm, so another overheat for the admin who host it. Another thing will be weekends I hope it gets populated during Saturday/Sundays morning and after lunch.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    fnegroni likes this.
  15. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

What is the deal with Matchmaking or not ?
    Actually, what is matchmaking ? I don't get the point here...

16. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

You will survive

Man, please don't take this personally. I know I can be a bit blunt sometimes, but in the end it's about being realistic about what we get for our money. With ACC we get a great value for our money, and instead of being grateful, we want more and we try to analyze each or the words in the advertisement and the product page in order to get even more for the same money. Sure, we are customers, but I think we also need to have realistic expectations.

jaxx_za and fnegroni like this.
  17. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I think I'm guilty of interpreting the advanced multiplayer and the term matchmaking in the way I naturally would, rather than how it is explained in the text above.

But I do have a reason (excuse?) for doing so. This is 2019, not 1999: I wouldn't brag about an advanced filter.
    I understand the intention, I can see where this is going, I won't repeat myself. I get it. I just think it's doomed unless you Kunos take the lead and show everyone how it's meant to be done. I am serious: if you can't do it yourself, think of a partnership with a cloud service provider, and get a good schedule of races on, because those technologies are now incredibly mature and affordable, and would provide a real reward to the most virtous drivers. Where is my reward when I do a random race? What is the reward for learning all the tracks if I can only find Monza, Spa and Nurburgring online?

Another request please: the ranking system: we have a global rank, but that's ridiculous; how am I supposed to compare myself to thousands of other players on a single leaderboard? I would be comparing apples to oranges: pro's vs. amateurs for starters. This is currently not structured, and needs serious work going forward.

P.S.
    This is the first time I see the term 'pickup racing' outside of NASCAR. I personally would call it "drop-in racing", like in the term "drop-in clinic" which is a place you go to when you need to be seen to without notice.

Mercenairy and chksix like this.
  18. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Well, I'm really hoping SRS will support ACC in the future. They have even more tools at their disposal with the new broadcasting API, the penalty system and the integrated ratings system.

But the difference between a single guy and the "big" company is that the single guy can shut it down whenever he pleases without needing to give any explanation, and the "big" company can't.

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

In my haste to write my opinion I forgot to praise where praise is due.
    I love the new Rating system, I think it's great and I love being able to track those numbers over the last few races.
    I can see it will need fine tuning from time to time, and also improvements as the user base increases, but I am really pleased with it so well done @Minolin

20. I play racing simulators because I can't afford to go out and pay the fees of real racing! The fact some people want to recreate those fees (although reduced) in the form of a subscription is funny to me... Pay drivers aren't always great in real racing, and they aren't online either!

Great job Kunos, keep doing what you're doing!