1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

QUOTE="Michael Hornbuckle, post: 1007664, member: 309"]You can remove me off the Kunos top five fanboy list. This game, at this time, is trash. I guess 'Trust. In. Kunos.' went out the window with the sale to 505. Hope I am wrong and ACC will be great once it is at version 1.0 but for now it is wasted HDD space.[/QUOTE]
    :rolleyes:

Luatz1, LeDude83, stephen_b and 2 others like this.
  2. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Valid point, and I respect you for that. But I'm sure you can see how your last video is just adding to the feeding frenzy.

3. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    That is exactly how I felt at the time, and still do to a certain degree. I was also warned that a hammer was coming my way so I sucked it up and have mostly kept my tears to myself. Your point being what, exactly? (to Kunos credit the game is in a much better state now than it was then, still don't love it by any means though)

4. coiso

coiso Gamer

I can see why it can been seen as feeding frenzy, I can see why people thought "it's Early Access" was a valid defense when the MP wasn't disclosed. I can see why all of that. I just don't find them compelling, or particularly interesting points of view because they don't even to try to understand the arguments that have been put through.

Were those point of views kerbed in favor of a more rational, reasonable and especially more consumer centric thought process, we wouldn't be having this particular issue where people are attacking Kunos' honesty rather than Kunos' product.

5. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

jacyhv 2 likes this.
  6. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I had no real desire to have any “matchmaking” in ACC. I personally want to decide what server I connect to, at a certain ping and at a certain track with certain conditions.

The idea of matchmaking to me smells of P2P console games where you click “find me a game” and it throws you into some random session with a terrible ping with perhaps not your favourite track / level or mode etc. I’d be more interested to see a server favourites list than anything else.

I have never used SRS in AC so I can’t speak for that system. To me it was more important to be able to freely choose your car and not be forced to select from a pre-defined server car list, so I’m glad that in ACC that MP restriction isn’t a problem like in AC1.

7. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I don't see a situation like this where the devs can come out on top. Let's assume that they do start nipping assumptions in the bud - where does it end? Do they have to address every single wishlist list item, or misinterpretation posted on this forum? What happens if they respond to some, but not to others - will it be taken to mean that that which hasn't explicitly been denied will happen?

What if plans change somewhere down the line? Then most likely theyre all liars and here's a link to the proof.

I think there is a reason why they are so 'tough' on wishlists - it's because it leads to a lot of misinformation which turns into something they cannot control and ends up biting them in the *** eventually, while we the poor consumers feel cheated cos what we thought we were getting is not going to happen.

I find all this counter productive, and can understand why they may chose the path of silence. The sad thing is this attitude of entitlement, while perfectly manageable for devs in the mainstream markets where they originate, is exactly what can sink a team working in a niche of a niche (as someone put it).

At that point, those screaming the loudest can simply go back to their AAA titles, while the rest are left wondering about what could have been.

Freddie Seng, chksix and sirgaric like this.
  8. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't think the devs are liars, but I also don't think it's just half a dozen people that are upset. If you look at the poll that someone created earlier today, when asked if they were satisfied with what was said about MP, two thirds of the people voted No, and don't forget this is the game's official forum, where the vast majority enjoy ACC and Kunos' work in general.
    I still don't believe the system should be called the way it is, but life goes on. I still think ACC is a really good game that's well worth my money, and will continue to play it, with hopes that for 1.0 we'll get more player activity and Multiplayer will improve just based on that.

I'll make a bit of an observation though, if I may. Ever since the days of AC1, I have seen you as one of the most vociferous members when it comes to defending Kunos whenever someone doesn't agree with what they do.
    Then when you weren't satisfied with ACC you were really harsh about that as well.
    You may agree with me or not, but I don't think you do yourself much good with being that extreme either way: Kunos will make mistakes, as we all will, or even when they don't, people will still find reasons to disagree with their opinion. That's okay, there's no need to fight about that.
    The same way, when you dislike their work, as you probably did by the time you made that post, you're entirely entitled to do so. As long as your criticism is rational and constructive, I don't think you need to be afraid of getting blocked from the forum. That's my piece of advice, do with it as you wish.

Patrik and warth0g like this.
  9. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Got that for you ;) (After I watched the recent interview with Marco I can't unsee/unhear this, sorry xD)

10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Haha, I wasn't even trying to make a joke with Marco trying not to call it a game, that was unintentional.
    In fact I don't have a problem with calling ACC, Iracing, Rfactor and so on "Games", to me they're Simulation Games, just because they try to simulate real life, doesn't mean they're less of a game than let's say Need for Speed.
    But that's waaaay off topic, I think there's enough off topic in this thread already.
    In fact I think there are enough posts in this thread already.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  11. MOTOJUNGLA

MOTOJUNGLA Rookie

Hey folks, someone can tell me if there will be a librery editor and if a team could be created? Or it will only be official teams. I ask for both modes, muliplayer and carrer mode.
    Thanks in advance.

12. MOTOJUNGLA

MOTOJUNGLA Rookie

Sorry for the offtopic :)
    In addition, i think that the implementation of official races is necessary, as well as a ranking leaderboard, filtering global license and per tournament. That keep competitors interested and not just random races. Schedule races are must for that kind of competition. You can keep the online bowser. Matchmaking not nessesary if you have filters and schedule event/races. More in deep driver stadistics/standing. Thats the goal.

anthony galmiche likes this.
  13. MOTOJUNGLA

MOTOJUNGLA Rookie

Online career
    More simple ;)

14. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

This would be really cool. There are so many possibilities I'd like to see a dedicated thread for brainstorming. I think this could be implemented in a way which draws players together with purpose. There are significant practical complexities though.

15. someone should probably tell this to gamer **** so he can stop complaining.

16. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Btw, my 2c on matchmaking.

It would have been a very cool feature, I admit that being able to jump in and have a suitable environment is amazing.

But, guys it won't kill the game! Just do as millions of gamers before did! Make a club, league, or organized championship or join one. My best simracing times came from those and it doesn't take that much effort, allows to have scheduled races and to get friends and a group to play with....

On gtplanet people had online races with drivers swap, streaming, and multi-tiers and the game had none of these options. They even did it on gt5!

If there is will all problems can get flown over. The basic are here and are great. I just wish there will be player to player driver swaps since it was a major selling point to me, but I'm sure that id a great community makinh a great game and racing not just the tools.

@Minolin can we have a dedicated section?

17. Goodvibe13

Goodvibe13 Gamer

Well, ACC is a niche within a niche: 1 series-only, limited cars and tracks.
    Many were not hyped by this when announced, but the focus on multiplayer matchmaking very likely caught everybody's attention.
    I bought the 20$ EA to support Kunos and because I was interested in the matchmaking features. I'm sure many people thought ACC would compete somehow with IR (not 100%, but at least keeping the idea of ranking on a board, basically like SRS), and that's what hyped them.
    Now, at 40$+, with no matchmaking, good luck to Kunos. For sure car lovers consolers will buy it because of the lack of sim, but on PC... you really have to like GT3 to buy ACC.

Karolinis, mkotechno and jacyhv 2 like this.
  18. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

47 people answered "no" in that poll. There were over 500 who actually played ACC yesterday according to the Steam stats. So the poll represents less than 10% of yesterday's active players (which, itself, was just a fraction of the total number of owners). Hardly a true indication of general opinion. However, around 50 does seem to be representative of the number of people complaining about it these forums. Also, the poll asked "Are you happy with 1.0 multiplayer structure?" There was nothing specifically about matchmaking, but more importantly it was a question impossible to answer as v1.0 isn't even available yet so we don't know exactly how it will look.

But plenty of people WERE hyped when this was announced. Additionally, there was no "focus" on multiplayer matchmaking, it was just one of the features in the list.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Adastros, Freddie Seng, Jebus and 3 others like this.
  19. doamf

doamf Racer

Everybody seems to agree on at least a couple of things:
    - We love sim racing
    - We all want the best product possible
    - Every day we get a day older

Feedback regarding a newly launced product is an evil but very usefull process for Kunos.
    In this particular case, where Kunos decided that it was time to clarify a few things regarding Mulitplayer, right or wrong, there was a relatively large respons from the community.
    Allow me to presume that the response in general was triggered by "concern" over that Kunos statement. I really believe that most members here are genuine and not trolls.

I, for one, believe that this topic is important because the Mulitiplayer module holds the key towards growth and attracting/keeping more players vs existing user base.

Of course, I accept the fact this genre represents a niche in a niche of a niche. But that represents its current state and I was really hoping, partly based on the early advertisements from Kunos, that maybe, just maybe, we had a chance to slowly crawl out of that niche, by virtue of online multiplayer implementation.

Did I buy this product with an eye on the longer term? yes. I litterally spend over 900 hours in preparation for online competition in a dedicated sim for that purpose: ACC. I have never played any other game/sim that long. Great fun, not a moments regret.
    So, also to me, the statement from Kunos came as a very late "surprise", which, after careful deliberation triggered a response because of its perceived impact, as it did to many others. Yes, we can argue about my expectations and why they were wrong, but again, thats besides the point.

The fact that Kunos elected to issue a statement and didn't explain too much about it, leaving room for intepretation and guessing, that is a deliberate strategy and as a consequence triggers reactions. Who knows what the future brings, we can only repond to what we know and have been told so far.

Dev's? I am not talking about dev's nor will I ever in this context. These kind of statements are coming from a company, with a structure and organisation in place. That includes a business plan and a marketing strategy. I have no idea who is repsponsible for what and I don't need to know either. I dont think that Kunos is to be regarded as a "hobby club" with a strong reliance on "volunteers". It's a business, it needs to grow. Their target market: hardcore simmers, purists, casuals, console owners, professionals, teams, it doesn't matter, basically anybody who likes or needs virtual racing.

I had the impression that with the launch of ACC with its competition element would be capable of just that: joining everybody together in an organized, based on Blancpain series, online competition and championships. Awesome physics, gorgeous graphics, quality tracks and cars, dynamic weather, rating system,solid netcode, all the ingredients are there.

Kunos inability to clearly explain whats in store for online competition and how it is going to be organized (if any, of course) is not helping here either.

Monetary value proposition? Couldn't care less, its my hobby if you know what I mean.

I still post because I care, not to upset or irritate other members of this forum and remain hopefull that a better implementation of the multiplayer element will be offered in the not too distant future.

meanwhile, like it or not, I remain a member of this community, by choice.
    PS: I would like to give a shoutout to MajorTom, nice dude and good racing on his servers too. Thanks for your efforts.

Apex Gt, Adastros, Si. and 7 others like this.
  20. Goodvibe13

Goodvibe13 Gamer

Not really, there were more people expecting general content rather than GT3 only.
    They were hyped by the new engine, weather and matchmaking.