1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

[​IMG]

AchillesXI, Seth C., Coanda and 3 others like this.
  2. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

you must go to the matchmaking using the rating, by organizing regular competitions with classification.

3. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

The satisfaction that I get from pure driving in ACC is simply unmatched by any other title currently on the market and that is still beta 0.7.2. However, I think, for longevity of ACC (sales and nbr of online players) system like SRS should be built in ACC sooner rather then later. In fact we have more ratings then AC1 ever had so SRS on steroids -better ability to match ppl online, would probably be absolutely fine for 99% of potential ACC users without paying 50 -100 bucks every year as it stands in Iracing. Like it or not ACC is in direct competion with Iracing and to have SRS built it will drive many players to ACC who are not happy/stuck with yearly subscription of iracing. The list that Stefano showed earlier is great.... but I think good matchmaking (aka SRS) would be an absolutely "impossible" thing to pass even for die-hard Iracing fan. Another words if SRS - like matching is implemented then it should directly drive sales UP.

4. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Is very good but, just to be curious ¿Have you also tried Rfactor2 ?

5. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Don´t forget engine starts. Sitting on the line, ten seconds to go and pushing that button to let the beast roar to life! Love it!

Coanda, Arlo, D.Jankovic and 6 others like this.
  7. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

"Minorating-like" multiplayer ranking

We can confirm that using matchmaking has been marketing.
    Or do you need more evidence?

Enjoy guys.
    See you at the track.

Rioku and SlimCharles like this.
  8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Just curious, for how long do you want to drag this dead cat around?

Aseeth, LeDude83, ChivasRx and 4 others like this.
  9. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

Enjoy guys.
    See you at the track.

10. May the matchmaking will find you :p

11. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

Sure many, because I'm going to set it up to run with slow pilots so you can enjoy this matchmaking
    Enjoy guys.
    See you at the track.

12. Etherival

Etherival Gamer

AC3 CONFIRMED:p

13. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

AC2, this is ACC. I want this physics into a huge car/track game like AC

14. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

we gathered the feedback from the users during the ACC "1" years and tried to come up with a list of things we could achieve for our new project... in random order:
    -Matchmaking

mkotechno and XettMan like this.
  15. Etherival

Etherival Gamer

This project is what started as AC2 as it seemed by what windows names were, Soo... New early access approaching?

Just kidding. Don't come here insult me Kunos army...;)

16. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Like Lord Kunos just said, we all have our lists. I say get the F1 license! OMG, the idea of Kunos doing an F1 simulation with all laser scanned tracks on the F1 schedule... we can dream. The sound of DRS opening (WHOOOOOSSSSSHHHH) and everything else. And of course, “matchmaking,!” LOLOL

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

It matches you with people with the same "safety" rating, "speed" rating and similar lap time. Regarding the last part, when you get into an event, until it starts you can do the laps you want and your best time is the one the game uses to match you with other people.

There are three different events to choose that starts at different times and get refreshed every hour. For example, one events starts at 13:10, the next one at 13:30 and the next one at 13:50. The next hour, the same: 14:10, 14:30 and 14:50.

[​IMG]

I know the times on the pic doesn't match what I said. They changed it some time ago. But you get the idea.

Sweet Jesus. That pic almost made me cry. It's so beautiful.

Speaking seariously, I knew what SRS was more or less. But never got to try it because it's quite annoying for me to set the PC to play on it. I might try SRS soon after seeing that...

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    jacyhv 2 likes this.
  18. If I was a Kunos dev, I'd be taking away from this thread that there is a massive opportunity to finally provide an alternative to iRacing's dominance on ranked, organised racing.
    The demand is there, even if that demand can be a little over the top in the way people are reacting.
    I'd approach SRS as an interim solution, while exploring what is and what isn't possible going forward.

I still think people are looking at 1.0 release as if that's what we get, and no more.
    It's been stated many times, that's just out of EA, with further development to come.
    If we want Kunos to show good faith and provide the racing environment we all want, then maybe the best way to achieve that is to return that good faith and get as many racers in and playing from day one.

micki9393 and jacyhv 2 like this.
  19. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

How did you get that actual footage from Kunos offices?

coiso likes this.
  20. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Kunos is already competing with iRacing. I haven't touched it since 0.6 came out :p

Seriously now, you guys need to stop thinking that ACC can compete with a well stablished structure like iRacing. It's just not realistic. And the only thing that can lead to is... frustration and anger. And this thread has plenty of those.

mr Switchblade likes this.