1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'm very pleased with having driver swaps. :D
    Matchmaking with other drivers for that effect (find friends, for instance) will surely be one of the filters I'll use.

Edited (original below :D)

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    D.Jankovic and jacyhv 2 like this.
  2. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

I recall saying something here in regards to pointless posting, you're just an example of that.

After_Midnight likes this.
  3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I completely understand but its a feature that really make me happy. I can edited still if you wish.

Son and jacyhv 2 like this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Ok guys at Kunos:
    If you remove postings and give last warnings, be specific!
    I found three of these in my notifications....
    Dudes!

5. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

You know how to contact me. Offtopic and personal discussions / wars will not be tolerated. Stay to the topic or don't post at all.

chksix likes this.
  6. This discussion is fascinating and makes me a little sad, at the same time.

For me, Matchmaking will not make any difference if there are not enough players populating the servers. This was the biggest problem with pCars2. I'm really hoping this wont be the same with ACC. Seeing +/- 500 drivers everyday at any given time on the Steam Charts worries me. I really hope there is a driver population explosion on 1.0 release day and it stays constant for longer than a couple of months. Otherwise, Matchmaking will never get a chance to actually "work". I reeeeeeeeally want it to work, because I am thoroughly enjoying the game, so far.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

7. Aika_rajuu

Aika_rajuu Gamer

Fingers crossed that community can setup scheduled ranked races. It is the last hope it seems. I hope that we can at least pull in-game ratings to 3rd party software for setting up splits.

Kopiller likes this.
  8. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

500 in each platform are about 1500.

And yes, competitive crossplatform multiplayer is perfectly possible nowadays, see Rocket League, Fortnite, Streer Fighter V, War Thunder, Paragon (died), etc...

BTW +1000 messages.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

It’s a breath of fresh air to have Stefano join us here in this thread. Hello my friend :)

Adastros likes this.
  10. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

I'd just like to point out how much the original post explained the current position and acknowledged that it is not the final iteration for many reasons. These aspects of the statement seem to have been misunderstood or overlooked by quite a few repliers. I will list the relevant comments for re/consideration;

. . .
    Minolin knew some people expected the addition of an automated system with 1.0 release, hence this address

. . . Let's go straight to the point: 1.0 will not introduce fundamental changes to the ACC Multiplayer. . .
    This doesn't mean such changes never will be made, 1.0 is specifically noted

. . . Despite the significant rewrite (which is a confession for a long term strategy) . . .
    This suggests to me that decisions/ compromises have been made to play the long game. Time is a factor, development will continue beyond release

. . . which is not the end of the road especially in terms of Multiplayer racing. We will listen to the feedback, we will analyze our data and of course - finally - also regularly participate in the Multiplayer races - so an ongoing process of finetuning and improvement is to be expected. . .
    The current system and feedback will be monitored and tested and improvements will be ongoing

. . . We know there are users that expected us magically switch the focus. . .
    Changing the current system fundamentally by release date is not possible

. . . I do not say we are not looking into our own interpretation of a non-pickup, and more competitive Multiplayer addition . . . . .
    Self-explanatory, *PLEASE NOTE

. . . But for 1.0, we are happy to have both a very solid Multiplayer base, a good concept of a server selection and a well working Safety Rating system including a fairly usable integration. . .
    Again 1.0 specifically, clear yet?

. . .And of course the list of potential improvements is long, and without a doubt we will receive a lot feedback to become even better during the next days and weeks . . .
    He saw ya'll coming though.

I think this was excellent communication and any anger or strong disappointment is a result of miscomprehension or impatience.
    Lord Kunos has posted a further reminder that 'we are all on the same team'.

"Ye of little faith" :cool:

11. Zanza21

Zanza21 Racer

Not sure bout that example, you prolly could get refund requests serving cream-poisoned carbonara... :confused:

Do they cream up their carbonara in Naples ? o_O

I actually liked to setup the car, watching times etc on my monitor and put the helmet on just when "entering" my car...just saying :p
    Now its a bit a pain in tha 4ss really...

- UDP Interface for better (best?) live streaming/comment online races :cool:

And you say it just now so close to release ? :eek:

12. LRM

LRM Simracer

Is there any spectating mode in ACC, something like LFS ? @Lord Kunos

13. Mercenairy

Mercenairy Gamer

After 50 pages this is what I have learnt.

- We all care about this game and want it to be good.
    - Virtually all of us think you have made an amazing racing simulator, maybe even the best to date.
    - We love and appreciate the access and communication we get from the Dev’s.
    - the casual races seem content with the current multiplayer system, but the more ‘hardcore’ races are looking for more competitive/ranked online experience.
    - been a while since I heard a complaint about FFB, but I remember it being all the rage at one point.

I personally am in the camp of looking for a more competitive ranked match-made ranked system.
    The problem with the current multiplayer option is there is no reward/punishment for finishing a race.

Currently I feel as though if I win a race/finish in the podium there is no rewards for my achievement, same as there is no consequence for people who disconnect from the race/finish last.

I mean if GT3 racing is all about 1 hour sprint races and endurance racing, how are you going to make us feel our time and effort into racing in those races is worth our time and how to we keep people into the race trying to improve there position?
    In the current model 30+ races will start, and by the end of an hour long race there will be about 5 people left. This isn’t fun, rewarding, competition or feel worth the time and effort invested.

In short, I’m in the camp of looking to improve the participation and competition in races. I want to start a short/long race and know that the amount of people who started the race will likely finish it as well. And I want to feel as though there is a big difference from finishing on the podium and finishing in the bottom half of the field. I want reward for effort and results and punishment for those who have a poor race or don’t even finish the race.

Nox, micki9393, Abwursten and 4 others like this.
  14. cp will probably be something like that.

15. Mercenairy

Mercenairy Gamer

I really hope that CP does fix all the competitive racing concerns listed above and introduces a way to reward strong finishes and punished rage quitters/poor results.

I have been thinking that CP may address the ‘hardcore’ competitive racing concerns people have expressed, but seeming as how focal the concerns have been on the issue and there lack of information explaining there CP system to potentially defuse the situation I don’t have high hopes for the system.

With that said, I really hope I’m wrong.

16. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Why big difference between podium finish and mid low grid finish? That would only encourage toxic driving and reward taking extra risks.

This mindset is what makes half grid leave race before end, stuff you complained about right now.

trasgu, tjr, LeDude83 and 1 other person like this.
  17. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Good point. It's been a annoying enough ever since that people quit the race as soon as they have a spin of drop below the top 10, instead of at least trying a recovery. I get the idea that it might look pointless on a 7 lap sprint race as it's common in AC, but to see the same happening in 30 minute races confuses me.
    As there is no podium ceremony or similar that increases the size of your ePenis, I rather enjoy the race itself than to aim for a top position and quit as soon as that does not seem likely to happen. Hell, chasing the field even after a t1 carnage or a spin even adds to the fun!

However, I'd appretiate if a start-to-finish ratio would be taken into account ratings-wise, so you could set up a server with a "no-quitter" preference.

grrdabrr, eracerhead, trasgu and 4 others like this.
  18. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

We need to build up a grid with people like me, will never ever win a race with full grid or get a podium, but that stays in until the end and crashes to keep the experience real for all those involved.

If you fill a room with aliens only, used to win most races, how many of them would go on after a t1 crash that costed them 30/40 seconds?

I always keep up, most quit to the boxes to restart with pristine car instead of coping with the car damages, or just leave whole race altogether and use it to run test setups entering and exiting pits 10000 times

trasgu, vanveen, micki9393 and 3 others like this.
  19. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

There is podium / celebration in the last marketing video.

20. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Quitting should have a massive hit in Consistency.