1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS About Matchmaking feature in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by AC Support, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Well that would just go to prove that the majority of users were not that fussed about matchmaking after all.....

chksix, Son and LeDude83 like this.
  2. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

thanks Luca but just so you know there will probably be another 1200 replies to this:p

3. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Matchmaking, one of the main reasons I purchased the game.

You have fooled us all.

4. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

So if you dont want Misano to appear, you move the "Misano" track weights down...
    and the quick race button needs to only join a server when its in Practice or qualifying sessions (With enough time to do a lap, maybe 5 minutes?)
    and the race can't be longer than 30 minutes, it is a "Quick race" after all.

Son and LeDude83 like this.
  5. renato63

renato63 Racer

But when you turn on your PC do you remember to turn on your brain too?
    Don't you like Misano? Set Misano to 0%.
    Do you like Spa? Set 100% Spa.
    Is it so hard to understand?

Kopiller, vanveen, Wolf WolfZ and 8 others like this.
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

Join racedepartment, problem solved.

vanveen and Arlo like this.
  7. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

I don't think this button is all about 'just joining a server'.

Anyone can browse through the server list and see 'ooh there's a 22/24 server with 5 mins of quali left I'll take that one'.

Where we need the button is when all the servers are full, or we can't join them.

The button will send all orphaned players without a server to the same new emptyserver and that will help.

8. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

I would give my left testicle if this was the result of clicking "the button".

rick.png

....but roll on 1.0

9. What's wrong with your left testicle? :D

BTW: It's not necessary to get an answer! :p

10. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Guys, you know what sarcasm is?
    I'm playing computer games till I'm 11 years old.
    I'm 47 now.
    I've seen everything.
    And I bet that I'm right.
    70% ACC users in V1.0 won't use the advanced multiplayer tab, to set their preferences.
    I see this in other games and we will see it here.
    And the big wave of salty tears, when they come to the forum and cry, this matchmaking is ****, cause they only drive with noobs.
    I can't wait

11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Here we go again for another marathon of 60 pages....

oh.... did you have to start it? :D:p

Aseeth, Pandora and D.Jankovic like this.
  12. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Even if they don't set any preference, there is still the rating to sort the servers with. But we will see how it works!

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

13. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Any news on the server player limit increasing in 1.0?

14. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

That's what I wrote:

15. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

That's how I read it and, at least for me, seems clear that is what is written in the AC Support (Luca) post.
    My post is only because, from what I've read in previous post above my own, there seems to be some concerns about being put in tracks that the player may not be interested, like Monza or Spa.
    The concerns with the tracks I'm positive can be addressed with the advanced multiplayer options.
    The concerns about being put in a server with the race session already in progress, perhaps is something that we'll may find also to be able to chose from the advanced options (my own speculation)

renato63 and LeDude83 like this.
  16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes, that's the concept. Though the word "Select" is promising a bit too much, it's more like shifting priorities.
    If you for example downrank a track like PR, but there is *this* server with super clean racing, 15 drivers on your performance level, 2 of your steam friends online and they finally run night but not rain (which in this example matches your prefs) - would you really want to skip that just because you have set PR to a low preference?

That's why I don't like filters at all, you cannot binarily tell what is good or not. So many aspects to consider, and only few of them are actually display-able in a server list.

Hydrogen, Kopiller, GRFOCO and 8 others like this.
  17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

You can select your preferences and opt out of having Misano as one of the preferred tracks (no preference). ACC will look at your preferences and with Quick Join it automatically select a server considering the weight you give to each track.

Or better, read @Minolin reply above, that wasn't visible to me before my own post.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  18. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

INB4 @Coanda

Good work Kunos, keep at it. Roll on 29th!

Coanda likes this.
  19. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin I hope the priorities shifting will work in 1.0 better than now.
    Now I set my priorities to Monza, no night, no rain.
    Top server was Nürburgring, night with rain possible. :confused:

Really really hope, on 1.0 when I only want to see Spa and Monza I will not see any other tracks. But in an other post you already mentioned that when a track is set to 0, you will not show it anymore, because it's a clear statement when a track is set to 0.

20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I am looking for a league that mimic the 2018 season and after that one that's mimic 2019 season :cool:

Luis Branco and Son like this.