1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS About Matchmaking feature in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by AC Support, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

It's not a filter at all. It takes your preferences and your performance ratings and matches you with servers that suit them. Other people with similar preferences and performance will be matched to the same servers, causing similar and like-minded racers to be brought together.

pippo10, Sascha H., Arlo and 3 others like this.
  2. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

[​IMG]

3. you got it champ

[​IMG]

well done you.. now bite.. harder

4. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

:D:D some ppl will NEVER learn...

5. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

Kopiller and stefanoCasillo like this.
  6. Sascha H.

Sascha H. Gamer

You are wrong Sir. No harm meant. As already said, it´s not a filter but an algorhythm that matches you to a server with people of your skilllevel and racecraft. A filter is if you are searching for servers with a password set or not, empty or full servers, ranked or unranked, high ping, low ping and so on. I still don´t get it why people insist that ACC does not have any matchmaking :)

Alistair McKinley and LeDude83 like this.
  7. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Sure, we have to wake up the sleeping dog again. Perfect. :mad:

8. Ku_Ba

Ku_Ba Rookie

"Kunos Simulazioni, as already known, will continue developing ACC even after 1.0 in order to closely look the feedback from the community"
    1. The biggest forum thread ever - WE WANT SCHEDULE RACING
    2. Kunos - there will be no schedule racing, and we never told it, but we will give you brand new "join" button

Thanks !!

Juan Pedro Custodio and siho like this.
  9. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Please stop talking as if you're speaking for all of us ("we want") because you're not! Some may want it but many either don't or are not bothered one way or the other. If ACC doesn't offer you what you want, find something that does. Simple.

10. siho

siho Rookie

We want schedule races maybe isnt you. But it is the most wanted thing based the reaction on the forum.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  11. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

That's not true
    People want "matchmaking"!
    They get matchmaking.
    Yes, there are those who want Scheduled racing.
    But anyone who thought he got with ACC iRacing 2.0, with better graphics, better physics engine, better sound and better FFB, sorry, but he did not hear the bang.
    Do you know how much money it costs to finance it?
    How great would the cry have been, if Kunos had said, "Hey guys, you have to pay a fee every month!"

Ok, now some are crawling out of their holes again, but there is SRS for Assetto Corsa.
    Yes, of course, there is, but why does not the "mass" of the Simracers race on this free scheduled racing model?
    Because it is lame.
    1. There are racetracks and vehicle combinations driven, which hardly anyone wants to drive.

2. Many do not like Scheduled Racing, because like me, it does not work out in time.

3. If you want to get something as professional as iRacing, like iRacing, it will cost a lot of money!
    You need staff, servers, oragnization etc etc

That's why I quit iRacing.
    Not because of the costs, but because I could not race immediately after work, but had to wait 1-2 hours.
    That's why I often could not ride at all and only on weekends.

What many forget about the scheduled racing, like iRacing, you have to pay for everything!
    For every racetrack
    For every car
    If you want to make an iRacing league, you can not just set up a dedicated server like ACC, where the league can race.
    No, you have to rent a server at iRacing.

But I have no goal in mind.
    Really?
    How about improving yourself so that you get the rank of pro?
    Or.....
    ACC is the first racing simulation that really shows me where my weaknesses lie.
    Which shows me why I am slower than others.
    Just because there is this fantastic rating system.
    If I used to look at alien hotlaps, then I always thought that what you do, that's exactly what I look like when I look at my replay.

But it was only with ACC that I realized that I often brake too late or too early, for example.
    Do not accelerate early enough.
    Often doesent hit the Apex.
    Do not use the whole width of the track

The game is not even out of the EA.
    Just wait and see how it develops.
    Thanks to the rating system that they have developed, which is a thousand times better than that of iRacing, you already have a great run on the SA servers.
    What will happen for events, that will show the time.
    But I'll bet my left egg on it, we'll see things like 24h from Spa and so on and drive too.
    Including driver change, broadcast and so on.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

It is funny how you guys always mix up "scheduled" and "matchmaking".
    @siho, most reactions are on matchmaking and there are only a few of you fill up pages repeating themselfs.

13. DoublePass

DoublePass Rookie

Well it seems to be a bit hot in here lol, but my 2 cents on the subject so far is it's a great game! I like GT3 racing aspect because its about all I do for the most part so this is the game I have chosen to waste my time with, but personally I like multiplayer over singleplayer so yes I would have preferred it be a schedule system like iracing and probably would have paid a (SMALL) monthly fee as long as I didn't have to pay for tracks and cars and it would be great if when I decided to stop paying I would maintain single player mode and content but it didn't work out like that. So all I am hopping for now is for this new system to be better then pcars system and for the lobbies to actually be populated so I can get some good racing in. I will just look for leagues to join and maybe I can find a ranked league and get my ratings up.

siho likes this.
  14. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

They want their freebies and they wont stop demanding them :)

chksix and sps_for_race like this.
  15. Pilantra

Pilantra Rookie

Matchmaking = when the game gets a pool of players who wants to play certain gametype waiting to be inserted in a game session and the game MATCHES GAMERS TOGETHER. Players can be matched by their stats. Servers are P2P or hybrid and made when the match is set to begin. (ex. Call of Duty, PUBG, Fortnite).

Scheduled racing = the game offers a combination of tracks and cars/sets of cars, defined with a SCHEDULE, in which some people are qualified or not to join and if qualified they can apply to this race and the game groups players by their stats. The servers are dedicated and are created when the game is set to begin, in accordance to the number of players who applied to that game. (Ex. iRacing).

Kunos "Matchmaking" = quick join button according to an advanced filter. The game MATCHES GAMERS WITH A SERVER. Servers are dedicated and has to exist prior to be "joinable"; rentals, kunos made, player created(?!?).

A lot of people want choice, but that does not work.

Players have to be told what to do, otherwise they scatter all around and all of the sudden all servers are empty, specially in sim racing. That is exactly what keeps people playing iRacing and that is exactly why all other racing sims die after a couple of years.

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Great timing and content for your first post :-D

sps_for_race, Ricky Reject and Madsen like this.
  17. Pilantra

Pilantra Rookie

Thank you, sir!

18. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

"We" sounds like "all of us" in these sentences.
    My father, a friend of mine and I who all play ACC do not bother with scheduled races at all, for example. So how can we (three) be part of that "we" (everybody who plays ACC and raises his or her voice on this forum)?
    People who write sentences like "We want xy" assume that they are the majority or part of a majority but there are lots of people like my friend and my father who have never been on a forum like this in their entire lives. So how can they even be part of that "we" in the first place? They are very happy customers who do not feel the need to participate in any forums. (Maybe my father would take part but he doesn't know english.)
    And I don't think that we (three) are the only ones. I know that I somehow follow the same logic as you do but I do believe that Kunos do know a thing or two about what they are doing.

And as others said: The rating system in ACC allows to match people by their skill level. It's not just a filter (see a couple of posts above).
    I hate it to be drawn into such accusions like "We want scheduled races."
    No, I don't want or need scheduled races. And I don't want Kunos to think that I want scheduled races just because a couple of people raise their voices and request or insist on scheduled races. I want Kunos to know that I am a very happy guy and that I qppreciate their hard work they all have put into AC and ACC. That's what I want. It's not about you or "we". It's about me - what I want to tell Kunos. So I use "I". And if I had asked a couple of people what to tell Kunos, I would maybe tell Kunos: "Hey Kunos, three of five people I asked, like what you are doing. The other two would like to know if you plan to implement scheduled races."

These "We-want-people" could say: "A lot of people want scheduled races."
    Or they could ask: "Kunos, do you see any possibility to implement scheduled races in the future?"
    Or they could make some suggestions on how to implement scheduled races.
    That would be a much friendlier approach. These people would signalize that they are willing to enter into a dialogue with others rather than order or command something.