1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 AC career

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by antonpaco, Apr 8, 2017.

1. antonpaco

antonpaco Rookie

I started playing AC few weeks ago and I was disappointed by the " career mode". Why races test are missing? You are forced to start last place and is no way to win the race if you change level of difficoult to hard. There is a huge difference between " Normal and Easy". Circuits are always the same and becomes tedious. Honestly I was hoping for a better game. Can't wait to complete career and go on with another game. ( F1 2016 and Dirt rally).

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career Duration Setting? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career Oct 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Career Mode Extra Drivers? Jul 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions No points in career mode Mar 29, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC freeze when click continue after the first career race Mar 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Career mode vs practice mode Feb 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot load saved game in single career mode Nov 8, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Speedrunning Career Mode TA, weird points system Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Career mode - auto DQ for speeding in pit lane Jul 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can you add more AI in career Apr 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting [solved] Career progression lost (saved career desync from progression) Apr 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Career mode - weird handling after pitstop at paul ricard Mar 26, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBox Series X Career - Sim CTD after Silverstone 3h race Mar 10, 2022

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

if you have to force yourself to play it and wait for the career to be done with i recommend you to stop already and play f1 2016 or dirt rally if you having more fun with those games.

Straight6lover and @P73 like this.
  4. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

You are right in saying that he must do what he has fun with but he also has a point in saying that AC career is terrible. It is something well known and already discussed. It is basic and pointless. No need to point him to arcadish game with disgusted tone. He is right.

Maxx69, BUZZ DNF and Neil Goodinson like this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

it wasnt meant it in a "disgusted tone", he said he couldnt wait to get back to f1 2016 and dirt rally, why wait?

fr13del likes this.
  6. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Personally, I can't understand why there is a "career" mode that has no linearity, no sense of achievement ?
    It's a series of tests, nothing like the career that you get in pCARS where you start at the bottom tier (if you want to) and build up as your experience grows.
    OK, AC has the best FFB and physics bar none on console, but that alone doesn't make it the best racing experience, or give the game great replay ability ! There's only so many hot laps of the Nurburgring you can take without achievement before boredom sets in.

hoss2852 and Maxx69 like this.
  7. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

probably because he cares about AC and his rant is just an hope for things to get better. We should encourage him to stay, but yes he must learn to better behave too. Why giving up on people so easily?

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

i dont understand what you are talking about. i gave him the advice i would have done, to not force me trough some game and play what i have fun with instead.. jesus.. He said he waited to be back to f1 and dirt, he dont need to wait.

@P73 likes this.
  9. antonpaco

antonpaco Rookie

You are right, but the fact is that I spent ( my mistake) 50 Euros for the game plus 30 euros for all the DLC packages, at least I wish to complete the career. The game is not bad, but in my opinion some things had to be done better, that's all.

Maxx69 likes this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

you could take a break, beat f1 and dirt and come back and hope that the ai are better and career improved when you come back. The game will work at a later time too. :)

@P73 likes this.
  11. Rashid

Rashid Rookie

You can appreciate career mode but just need to get through early stages. I'm playing now BMW gt extreme and you've got proper training session with qualifications and then 30 laps race. I do it in very difficult and it does help you train your skills. Just replay best laps of AI and you get how to drive

12. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

Career mode isn't really a career mode, it's more like a set of slightly easier special events. You don't join a team, you don't qualify for an event, you don't...... You just don't. It's the furthest thing from a career mode as you can get. It's challenges, pure and simple.

This game is a great hot lapping sim, probably the best around. For anything else it's not good.

13. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

It's ultimately rubbish, not a great deal of thought has gone into it, it seems to be there to just check a box on the "list of things a racing game should have"

hoss2852 and Maxx69 like this.
  14. AndyB16

AndyB16 Simracer

Later series' have practice and qualifying sessions, along with longer races. I think starting with the second open wheel series. 30 minute practice and qualifying and 20 lap races.

There is a pretty big jump from easy to normal. I'm usually right with the leaders on normal as long as I don't screw up, easy is far too easy though.

15. elise2008

elise2008 Rookie

I’m fedup with online. Playing Career now. Any ideas why during career BMW z4 extreme series I can’t get 60 points if in every event I finish first? There are 6-8 events. I play on hard. in couple events one or two cars got crashed out of track (not my fault haha) and did not finish. My theory is, me to get maximum points all cars has to finish.have you experienced same?