1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ac is a brilliant forza/gt race sim as well. tips for controllers.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by FaeTalan, May 23, 2015.

1. FaeTalan

FaeTalan Rookie

I bought AC aiming to play it like a Forza/Gran Turismo kind of race sim game, where you sit on the couch close to the screen, grab your high precision controller (DS4 in my case) and get your mind and soul lost among racing machines, asphalt and fierce opponents. Hopefully, there would even be a well designed, well paced career mode to help with that.

I found out it does the job, brilliantly. Even if it doesn´t have a hundred cars to choose from, IMO, Assetto Corsa is the best in this class, as judged against GT6, Forza 4, Grid Autosport, PCars and iRacing, which are the best I can say I've played.

Some tips I can give for newcomers with a controller + TV combo:
    -> Before loading, change desktop resolution to 1360x768 for proper menu appearance, if you have a 1080p TV. In-game, set it at 1920x1080@59,94hz as it should be.

-> The X360 default config is pretty bad. Change:
    - Steering speed to 100% (range 90%-100%) - the higher the value, the faster it steers as you move the left stick;
    - Filter to 0,80 (range 0,76 to 0,85) - the higher the value, the more it "smoothens" steering, but make it less responsive;
    - Speed sensitivity to 0,78 (range 0,75 to 0,85) - the higher the value, the less responsive and twitchy it gets with higher speed;
    - Gamma to 2,7 (range 2,5 to 2,9) - the higher the value, the slower, more linear, and less twitchy the steering;
    - Deadzone to 0,05 - this is for a DualShock4, maybe higher values for a 360 controlle, which has less precise sticks than the DS4;
    - Wheel range in cockpit to 60 degrees (feels a lot better than higher values when played with a controller).

I have a few more tips, but those are probably the best ones. The devs should have released it with better default controller settings. It's so damn brilliant with proper configs, and I know for certain there is a LOT of people out there hungry for a game like this played with a controller + TV combo.

Thank you Kunos, and keep up the good work!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions The 'mask' of a brilliant setup - How fast are you really? May 6, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Ahvenisto, what a brilliant circuit! Jun 1, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Mišeluk street circuit is brilliant! WOW Sep 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room New to AC and think its brilliant May 29, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Weekend Multiplay was ... BRILLIANT!! May 12, 2014

3. Blame

Blame Alien

Its a full-blown simulator, nothing arcade here like everything else you mentioned in your post. Doesn't require proper controller configs.

4. Horus

Horus Alien

Good to hear you are enjoying AC. You are using it slightly different to me as you are using a gamepad, I hope at some point you have a go with a wheel as it really makes AC come alive. Keep enjoying AC and you will in the end get a wheel, it's kind of like using chopsticks to eat soup otherwise. :)

5. FaeTalan

FaeTalan Rookie

I would say it´s more like eating sushi with sticks (the right, more precise way) vs. eating it with your hands. No one will deny the guilty pleasure to be had in taking a fresh plate out from the fridge and devouring it with your bare hands when you're hungry at home.

I have a Logitech DFGT by the way, with which I've spent many many hours playing iRacing and GT6 in front of a 52' LG IPS LCD screen + 5.1 HT sound system, so it´s not like I've never eaten sushi with sticks (or soup with a spoon) before.
    Unfortunately, I moved temporarily to a small apt during medical residence in another city, so my cockpit doesn´t fit in my home right now. Things will change, and a T300RS might meet my hands sooner rather than later, but for now I´m content with the DS4 and having fun.

Drive and let drive... or, whatever... :p

TCLF, snyperal, Mogster and 1 other person like this.