1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ac need iracing multiplayer sistem

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Omelete, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Sinbad already lined out many of the good LFS features, but there is tons more which makes it better than iRacing to me:

- Auto Spectate - If you are without any input for a defined period, you get moved into spectator mode. You car is freed up for somebody else and you do not block the road
    - LFS Remote - An app on LFS World that allows you spectate the race on a simple map with top down view without even having to start the game, AWESOME! Very useful for league racing / 24h races
    - Possibility to put onsreen messages for anyone, e.g. "Use the friggn brakes after the start or you will be kicked" - that way no one will not see the message. Other example is showing "GREEN FLAG" as starting signal when making a rolling start etc etc
    - Possibility to introduce custom "rating" system and exclude players from leaving the pits (better than having a mandatory system)

I bet the online racing in LFS at its peak was at least as good as in iRacing without all the iRacing restrictions.

Even in AC you can get it done. 18 racers on Snoopys, you expect carnage into T1. First start --> carnage Admin kicks the culprit, second start carnage --> admin kicks another 2 culprits --> Third start perfect --> 15 cars start the race without a single issue.

Hagen likes this.
  2. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Sorry, I had to fix your last post :D

Nekrobob, martcerv and witoldinho like this.
  3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yea but people need incentive and motivation to do something, even if for the greater good and well being of all involved. We can't rely on people changing minds on their own, they need to be cleverly persuaded to change their minds and behavior. Either through shame, awkwardness, guilt, fear of losing something valuable/invested, reward, returning the favor, following what most are doing, reusing, re-play, mood changer, immersion etc..

Omelete likes this.
  4. Gorkal1ty

Gorkal1ty Rookie

I´m agree with the main idea. That is, MOTIVATION. I started in iRacing a month ago, and even if I only have some ****ty free cars and I´m limited to some tracks over the same week, there´s something that makes me wanna race, and that´s the Rating System. Wanting to be better than others, wanting to get into the next "class", that´s all about motivation.

I think if AC could just take some Collission detection like iRacing (which is not so great at all) and add some rating according to your Final Position - (Collission penalties + Track-Cut Penalties) then Servers could be able to filter their driver access by that rating, and the Public Online Experience could be really improved.

Omelete likes this.
  5. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Afraid you can't just take some elements of the rating system and expect it to work. It only works as a whole package.

Whats to stop a griefer colliding with you or running you off track if they dont care about their own rating. You'll end up slogging your way through chaos servers trying to reach the clean ones, fragment the mp community across servers which is already much smaller than iRacing, and have bitter wars when incidents occur that drop your rating below server requirements.

A rating system needs serious structure and constant management. Kunos don't have the time or resource for that.

Leemstradamus, Sean and Quffy like this.
  6. Omelete

Omelete Racer

if kunos don't have resources..... turn off y go away.....

we need any motivation for racing..... irating an sr are the way.

7. perhaps you want to try to say that in english so I can decide if I have to ban you or not?

LeDude83, Octane and D1visor like this.
  8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

They could make a server app which was like the old CTRA server stuff in lfs.

It basically works on a points system. Say there are 4 servers, you start in the beginner one and you cant progress to te bext server until you have gained enough points.. You gain points by finishing the races.. if you win you gain the most, if you just finish you gain the least. If you dont finish you get nothing.

Say server 2 requires 500 points, 3rd 1000, 4th 2000...

but as soon as you go above the required limit the server doesnt count your points if you win to stop fast guys going into beginner servers and getting points easy.

Cars and tracks are based upon the server level.

People can have their own servers and with the app they can choose what level server they setup so its not down to kunos to keep it running.

AccAkut likes this.
  9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Or even easier..

Just have a lfsworld type website which keeps track of all your races etc and you get a different licence or coloured star etc based on how many races you finish, win, participate in.

And a basic points system could be used based on your finish position which gives you a kind of irating, if you dont finish you get minus points, if you win you get the most and then whatever in between.. That way you will always have a floating number..

This number could be used to stop people joining a server, or it could just be used as a display to show your commitment and skill.

A person with a high number is better, cleaner, safer etc than someone with a low number.

AccAkut likes this.
  10. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

I think this is a very debatable point. I don't necessarily know if you're wrong, I think we'd need an actual race driver to decide who can compare with real life. For the most part I also prefer the feeling of AC driving (although the new formula renault feels awesome), but racing AI gets boring for me fast, and getting wrecked in T1 in AC online gets boring fast too. Also even when I do have the occasional good race in AC, there's no real feeling of risk/reward you have in IR. In IR, in the popular series you have your goal of moving up splits to face the faster guys, and once you're there to try win a top split race.

Also the fact that you're in a split with similar skill racers means the racing is normally very close and exciting, something that is not common in AC. I barely play AC recently, but if it got an Iracing like system, I would be all over it.

11. Omelete

Omelete Racer

i agree with you.

Kunos soy español y ya que me has leido prefiero expresarme en español que lo hare mejor....
    tienes un simulador que con neumaticos de calle se comporta muy bien, pero cuando entramos en terreno de neumaticos de competicion es muy pobre, iracing, automobilista o rfactor esta por encima en este aspecto, pero este no es el tema a tratar, si assetto corsa no termina de despegar es porque no hay un sistema online en condiciones tipo iracing..... Se puede entender que un sistema asi es caro de mantener, pero si haces un sistema de pago suscripcion solamente opcional para los pilotos que quieran correr carreras mas ajustadas limpias y emocionantes estoy seguro que ganarias ventas del titulo.
    por ultimo rackservice en la 1.5 ha dado muchos problemas en mi pais, aunque ahora parecen arreglados.
    un saludo stefano.

12. Omelete

Omelete Racer

i don't speek english right

read me in spanish.

13. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

And why has to understand spanish?

eXo likes this.
  14. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

If we want iracing style service is in the hands of the comunity to do so, kunos have given us the tools, minolin made minorating, now we need a system to sort players in the server by performance.

15. juandb78

juandb78 Racer

16. These "clean racing solutions" threads are always so fun to read. Apart from the hurting brain side effect.

Matty28, mistery, eXo and 3 others like this.
  17. eXo

eXo Racer

This because we don't read this in spanish William. I'm now trying to wear my espadrillas and read again.

mistery and William Levesque like this.