1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

AC Results json file generation timing for server on loop [Resolved]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tebb, Jan 14, 2020 at 1:55 PM.

Tags:
  1. Tebb

Tebb Rookie

Hi All,

I have a question around the timing of the generation of result *.json files.

On my dedicated server, I have currently set the config for the server to be in loop mode, and single practice session, duration of 60 minutes (1 hour).

The server experienced 100% up-time, and there were no error log entries during the time-frame in question.

I thus expected to receive a separate results file every hour, but I noticed that sometimes a file was not written. For example in my screenshot taken from my server below, a file was created at the end of: 8.23AM, skipped 9.23AM, again wrote one at 10.23AM, skipped 11.23AM, and 12.23AM, wrote another at 13.24PM, and again at 13.24PM.

Does this mean that no-one was on the server and captured laps during the periods it 'skipped'? Or is something causing result files not to be written and potential loss of results.

I'm worried about the reliability of capturing results for our upcoming league season start in a weeks' time.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Question (not prior, I hope fast): how to interpret results.json -> penalties? Aug 30, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Results json files not written for Hotlaps, practice and MP races Aug 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Results json files Jul 28, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer results.json only records people who are on the server when the session ends Jun 20, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Results jsons Needs Some Love Jun 18, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Results Json file doesn't contain track cuts Jun 4, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Create custom json results, it's possible? Jan 22, 2017
    General modding discussion Results in json Nov 16, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Results json - no cuts in race results Nov 5, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Json results saved incomplete with race disconnect early Aug 26, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Json results file not being placed if results folder is not present Aug 2, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting Constant High Cpu Load which results in micro freezes Jan 9, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Special Events results lost Jan 5, 2020
    ACC Physics [1.2.1] Ai vs Real 2018/2019 Qualy Results Dec 19, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Incorrect Race Results Nov 17, 2019

3. Tebb

Tebb Rookie

Resolved my own query, posting findings here for others' benefit:

After a few sessions I cross-checked and found corresponding session log entries for various scenarios. It looks like if there are zero laps completed in a session, a json result file is deliberately not written to file.

I've outlined snippets from 2 differently log files below to compare / show this happening.

[​IMG]