1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC Results json file generation timing for server on loop [Resolved]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tebb, Jan 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Tebb

Tebb Rookie

Hi All,

I have a question around the timing of the generation of result *.json files.

On my dedicated server, I have currently set the config for the server to be in loop mode, and single practice session, duration of 60 minutes (1 hour).

The server experienced 100% up-time, and there were no error log entries during the time-frame in question.

I thus expected to receive a separate results file every hour, but I noticed that sometimes a file was not written. For example in my screenshot taken from my server below, a file was created at the end of: 8.23AM, skipped 9.23AM, again wrote one at 10.23AM, skipped 11.23AM, and 12.23AM, wrote another at 13.24PM, and again at 13.24PM.

Does this mean that no-one was on the server and captured laps during the periods it 'skipped'? Or is something causing result files not to be written and potential loss of results.

I'm worried about the reliability of capturing results for our upcoming league season start in a weeks' time.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Small bug in results JSON Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Kicked message in results.json Sep 21, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Results bad json Dec 19, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated server results json files oddly long 1st lap (1st sector) Nov 3, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer 1.5.8 server results.json Oct 9, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Question on results.json Aug 27, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Results.json first lap time and total time messed up Jul 22, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Parsing results.json - Unclear about some values May 13, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Results.json and DNF May 11, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Wrong Track in results.json when in Random-Mode Feb 25, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Question (not prior, I hope fast): how to interpret results.json -> penalties? Aug 30, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Results json files not written for Hotlaps, practice and MP races Aug 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Results json files Jul 28, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer results.json only records people who are on the server when the session ends Jun 20, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Results jsons Needs Some Love Jun 18, 2019

3. Tebb

Tebb Rookie

Resolved my own query, posting findings here for others' benefit:

After a few sessions I cross-checked and found corresponding session log entries for various scenarios. It looks like if there are zero laps completed in a session, a json result file is deliberately not written to file.

I've outlined snippets from 2 differently log files below to compare / show this happening.

[​IMG]