1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC - Two small suggestions to look into -- AI and Penalty System

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AosudiF1, Feb 4, 2014.

1. AosudiF1

AosudiF1 Gamer

I know this has been discussed before, but just to make a point out of it:

- Penalty system
    In my opinion, the 5 second penalty system just does not belong to a Sim. It takes control of the car away from you, which I find extremely annoying, and it would be ok on an arcade game, but not here. It can be done in a dozen different ways, being the manual "lift" of the throttle the most simple one.

- AI
    In general terms, the AI behaves ok. There are just two things I noticed: (i) the AI does not seem to know exactly where their car ends. I have been punted in the back so many times already, that I can't believe. In general terms, it seems like a good idea to make the AI think they have an additional buffer zone around their cars. I think it would decrease the number of crashes, (ii) for some reason, they get frightened when the player car is around (hence, they slow down, even brake at corner exit and corner apex).

In general terms, the best AI I have encountered was GP4. One of the main reasons why it was good, was because it respected the player's car enormously, yet it defended their position, defended the inside line, tried to brake of the draft, etc. all without strange, erratic movements. Maybe it is something to look into.

Just my two cents. All in all, the sim looks great, feels pretty nice (although I have to be honest, Netkar felt somewhat different, harder, and more rewarding even, but just a personal opinion), and already the AI is decent. All in 0.6 version, so in my opinion, very interesting, and great job.

Can't wait what comes next

mrvice, Anuj, Robin_NL and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Notes on small details, and suggestions for improvement Sep 13, 2018
    Suggestions Couple of small suggestions Feb 14, 2017
    Suggestions Two small suggestions for the devs Apr 17, 2016
    ACC Multiplayer Small bug in results JSON Feb 24, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione small update out now Jun 1, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Small excel tool to edit car physics Jan 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PlayStation 5 VR2 (PSVR2) Virtual Reality - Small talk, tech, pros & cons, your opinion, wishes? Nov 17, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Small issues with driver names, flags May 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting small lags, stutter, microfreezes in offline mode Jun 28, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Small vr bug - skid mark rendering Mar 31, 2021
    Screens & Videos Suzuki Cappuccino: mod of the smallest sports car ever on Assetto Corsa Mar 7, 2021
    ACC Physics Smaller Increments for Brake Ducts Nov 15, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Fast falling visibility of small lights with increasing distance Jul 23, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Wheels too small when aligned by data May 15, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting In car menu very small! Apr 24, 2020

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Have you noticed the 'magnet' pull that happens if you are to be close to an Ai car, more the way if you get too close you seem to stick to the Ai when going through a corner. It's a weird experience, you drive up behind the Ai and get dragged into the kitty litter by them going off track. The Ai has become something of a force to be reckoned with, but there are some strange experiences still needing ironing out.

Give it time, AC will only get better and better with our input. :)

4. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

you can turn off penalties for quick races

5. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I have also experienced this magnetism quite a lot. I usually get it in any general situation where I am close to the AI car. It has been present since AI has been available. It makes me wonder what in the code, or model (?), that would cause that. I just want to know :p
    ~Bailey

6. I watched many GP4 races as a spectator back in the day and the AI was awful for today's standards. Some users on here should stop looking at past games through rose-tinted glasses and realise how fantastic AC is compared to them, in every department, the AI included, although it still has some issues.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

I want invalid lap for actual corner cutting, not penalty for getting a tire outside the curb.

The engine cut stuff has to go period, its so out of place in a sim no race series would do that to a driver it is dangerous for obvious reasons when the game cuts your engine out cause you touched the grass out on a high speed bend.

Needs to begone from the ai races also.

Darren Blythe and AugGust like this.
  8. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Le Mans was heavily considering that kind of system in 2012....
    ~Bailey

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

You have got to be joking.......

10. Deh

Deh Racer

Can I do that for special events too? How?

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

You cannot do that for special events wo it disabling achievements, its part of the point of them.

You could edit inis to do it however.

Its best just do select quick race turn penalties off in options put in w/e cars amt of laps and dif you want and go.