1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

AC tyre contact point

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cote Dazur, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

As I was reading the news on the new 5 contact point tire model for ACC, the main purpose of this change seem to be to get a better, more realistic, tire reaction over the curb.
    In the post, I could see that AC, also as 1 point tire contact, as ACC had so far, but, to my knowledge, AC does not have the same issue of over sensibility over curbs as ACC does.
    I would like to understand why?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Error modify tyres Nov 5, 2019
    Chit Chat Room AC A.I. Tyre and Fuel consumption Nov 5, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Wrong tyre set after loading savegame Oct 29, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Tyre pressure drop Oct 28, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI changing tyres with only a few laps left in mixed weather conditions Oct 26, 2019
    ACC User Interface assignable button for Tyre app Oct 25, 2019
    ACC Physics Rear disc temp in Tyres App isn't accurate Oct 25, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Tyre wear/fuel consumption 200% Oct 20, 2019
    ACC Physics Audi R8 - Tyre t° left side only overheating Oct 4, 2019
    ACC User Interface [1.0.10] Tyre sets and wear resetting/pitstop planning Oct 1, 2019
    ACC Physics Tyre pressures Sep 14, 2019
    ACC Physics [V1.0.7] Dynamic Tyre Pressures (Wet) Sep 1, 2019
    ACC Physics Porsche GT3 Cup Tyres Aug 27, 2019
    ACC User Interface Tyre Pressure Adjustment Aug 25, 2019
    ACC Physics Have there been any changes?(1.7, tyres model) Aug 20, 2019

3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

For the rail effect issue, ACC introduced lateral flex of that contact point. When the point got stuck inside a crack, when trying to get out of it you are first building lateral flex and then it snaps out violently. In AC you were falling down cracks the same but you got out of them instantly making it less an issue.

The inside kerb pull is not as easy to blame on lateral flex alone. More likely a combination of many changes. ACC tyres being different in cornering stiffnes, camber stiffness, vertical rate etc... could all contribute to making things worse in ACC.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  4. Winston

Winston Simracer

I thought the implication from the blog was that for AC even though a track is lazer scaned they reprofiled any offending curbs whereas with ACC a truely authentic track profile including curbs was a priority and non negotiable.

romandevision likes this.
  5. rycil

rycil Simracer

As far as I can remember, they lowered the curbs of Mugello. That was during the kerb of death episode.

6. Darcy Callai Junior

Darcy Callai Junior Hardcore Simmer

Do not. They did not do that. They updated the physics.