1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC vs. Real

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bob Peirce, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

If you drive the same car in AC and on track I'm curious about your experience.

Since I got my 718 GT4 I've only driven Pitt Race. The GT4 in AC is the previous model but I've managed to set it up so it is pretty much the same and I've found if I use the Old track setting in AC I get times very close to my actual times. I'm wondering if this carries over or if it is just unique to this situation.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC User Interface Red Bull Ring - real world lap record from Formula 1 Jan 25, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    General modding discussion Assetto Corsa Realistic Data making Sep 12, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Engine Error ACC 1.9.2 May 6, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wrong angle on the side mirrors compared to real life Mar 31, 2023
    Chit Chat Room AC "anti-rollbar stock setting" VS real life cars "anti-rollbar stock setting" Mar 16, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PlayStation 5 VR2 (PSVR2) Virtual Reality - Small talk, tech, pros & cons, your opinion, wishes? Nov 17, 2022
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Hi all, suddenly the pitch adjustment in the view app dont work anymore. I heard this is due to Real Aug 13, 2022
    Physics Bugs & Issues Real speed for Spa and Porsche, also every other Track and Car Jul 30, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering is really slow and delayed. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC Mixed Reality Race at Mount Panorama [Real Wheel and hands with Broadcast Style Angles] Feb 11, 2022
    General modding discussion Controll AI cars manually in real-time while racing Feb 10, 2022
    ACC Gameplay TL; DR: Is a 6 hour race the shortest off-line AI race that is fair; and real strategy is in play? Jan 4, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions G923 really that better than G920? Dec 30, 2021

3. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I found an old thread from 2015 that suggests the Green track setting, initial grip = 95, is closest to real. That setting also produces time at Pitt Race that are close to real. In fact there really isn't a heck of a lot of difference between Old and
    Green. Day-to-day differences in driver talent are greater.

4. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Although I like to think I've got the sim setup to simulate an actual track I've never really tried to confirm it. Today I was able to use iMovie on my Mac to make a split-screen video of my best actual and sim laps at PIRC. Except for one turn they are almost identical and that turn is more a fear thing, which doesn't exist in the sim.

If you're trying to get as close to actual as possible this is a great exercise to see how you are doing.

5. Arjun SUhass

Arjun SUhass Rookie

everyone has it's own experience and suggestion also, but somehow I agree with you on some point....